Memorial Hospital Turns 50 On April 4

Memorial Hospital Turns 50 On April 4

There are 15 comments on the www.sowegalive.com story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Memorial Hospital Turns 50 On April 4. In it, www.sowegalive.com reports that:

Memorial Hospital and Manor will reach an important milestone this year as it celebrates its 50th Anniversary. Memorial Hospital was officially dedicated on Sunday, April 3, 1960, and opened its doors to receive patients the following day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sowegalive.com.

slim385

Iron City, GA

#1 Apr 1, 2010
I do not care if they are 100 the hospital has been going down hill for the last 15 years. I go a Hospital were if I go in I know that I WELL COME OUT ON MY ONE FEET.
Josephus

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2010
AMEN!
From the stands

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Apr 1, 2010
Thank you Memorial for all you have done for my family and this community over the years!
sweet

Bainbridge, GA

#4 Apr 1, 2010
slim385 wrote:
I do not care if they are 100 the hospital has been going down hill for the last 15 years. I go a Hospital were if I go in I know that I WELL COME OUT ON MY ONE FEET.
First, you need to learn how to spell and use the proper grammar in a sentence. Second, this hospital has done just as much good as other hospitals around. If you choose to been seen at another hospital that is your choice but you shouldn't bad mouth Memorial Hospital just because you yourself are not fond of the place. You might be thankful for this hospital one day if you have to be rushed in and our doctors save your life. I wonder what you would have to say then.
Kels

Hogansville, GA

#5 Apr 1, 2010
They do seem to do wonderful with basic care. Can't complain there. If you need a special need, then travel an hour away, but when you really need a hospital, can't complain about Memorial's care. At least it's still in Bainbridge and providing jobs.
slim385

Iron City, GA

#6 Apr 2, 2010
I would say that all they are doing is providing jobs. most of the nurses rude.
libby

Boston, GA

#7 Apr 2, 2010
I think everyone has a choice of what hospital they use. There is good and bad at all hospitals. I personally prefer Donalsonville Hospital, great nurses, great doctors and they work with you on payments. I had a bad experience at Bainbridge Memorial Hospital, so I won't go back. Go where you feel you will get the best care and where you can afford to go. It is YOUR choice.
edd

Boston, GA

#8 Apr 2, 2010
want some good advice? make sure you stay with your loved one while they are in the Memorial
Hospital, you get good service if family member there, sorry service if not.
OKAY

Bainbridge, GA

#9 Apr 3, 2010
slim385 wrote:
I would say that all they are doing is providing jobs. most of the nurses rude.
How can you say that all the nurses are rude when you probably have never meet all of them. There are bad apples in every bunch so you have no right to judge anyone. I'm sure wherever you work there are rude people.
slim385

Iron City, GA

#10 Apr 3, 2010
YOUR RIGHT OKAY NOT ALL BUT 1/2 OR MORE.i STILL WELL NOT GO THARE.
Damn Skippy

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2010
Oh yes, Memorial Hospital, The worst place to go in an emergency situation. If you want to live, you better go the extra miles to Thomasville.
HAHA

Iron City, GA

#12 Apr 3, 2010
I agree Damn skippy...that place is one fat big JOKE, i call it the band aid station, lol.....u can go in there and there will be nobody in the waiting room and they still let u sit out there for an hour or more when they finally do get u back there, u end up waiting another few hours b4 the damn doctor comes in, and i've even heard that they've been sleeping b4 when there is patients in there waiting, dont know how true it is but it wouldnt surprise me tho....thats a poor excuse for a hospital, if there is ever an emergency with me or my family, we will def take our chances on the road to a better hospital. i personally like D'ville hospital too. ALOT better care and more polite nurses and doctors and they get u back very quickly.
Curious

Mora, MN

#13 Apr 4, 2010
Just how many trips do yall take to the Emergency Room to come to all these conclusions?? Haven't been to an Emergency Room in over twenty years. How many are you are waiting till all the doctor's offices close to go get treated so you don't have to pay? Wondering how many of you I will have to help pay for because you are abusing the Emergency Room. Yea, I hear horror stories about all these that come to Emergency Room once a week for really no problem.
HAHA

Iron City, GA

#14 Apr 4, 2010
well i cant speak for anybody else but i have had to make several trips to the ER b/c i have small children and if ur a parent, then u know that kids dont always get sick during offices hours. and as far as u having to pay for our trips there, ummm...no mamn, me and my husband r upstanding people and make a good living and has great insurance. so WE pay our bills, not you.
glad to be alive

Tampa, FL

#15 Apr 7, 2010
i was admitted in the hospital around xmas 2 years ago with my gallbladder. my iv went dry about 2 in the morning, i called the nurse to let her know, 3 hours later i had a tech to come in take my vital signs.....they were having a xmas party. good thing i didnt interupt them. i disconnected the iv myself because i didnt want blood to back up in my tubing.
next morning i told my doctor to discharge me, i can die at home just as good as i can in bdge memorial hosp.....i am a nurse so i know how things work or in the hospitals case dont work......so i can speak from personal experience, get new management.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thief Jan '16 RexHEX 2
Jerry j blash Jan '16 Ijs 1
Review: Old Capitol Pet Care - Saralyn E Smith DVM (Sep '10) Dec '15 Angel 9
milledgeville 3bd to rent Dec '15 sbrillante 1
Review: Sinclair Oconee Homes (Aug '15) Aug '15 Roger Freeman 1
News Court reinstates Gordon city attorney (Jul '15) Jul '15 Faith Lue 1
News Georgia Trans Inmate Ashley Diamond Relocated A... (May '15) May '15 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gordon Mortgages