Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated May 8, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mad about my trees

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 19, 2010
 

Judged:

10

4

2

has anyone else used James, "The Tree Man" to trim their trees? That company is a joke. My trees look like hell! Has anyone else used them?
GGG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 19, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

Is he licensed?
same church

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 20, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

2

mad about my trees wrote:
has anyone else used James, "The Tree Man" to trim their trees? That company is a joke. My trees look like hell! Has anyone else used them?
I attend church with James. You should know that he is mostly a very nice person.

You should also know he as in an accident- hit by a car when he was 17- that left him in a coma for months. It's a miracle he's alive. The accident left him fairly limited mentally.

I know he wsa a stocker at a local pharmacy then at Wal-Mart from the early 90's until a year and a half (or so) ago when he went to work for a well known local tree service.

I was surprised to hear that he had recently started his own tree service. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with him.
same church

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 20, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

same church wrote:
<quoted text>I attend church with James. You should know that he is mostly a very nice person.
You should also know he as in an accident- hit by a car when he was 17- that left him in a coma for months. It's a miracle he's alive. The accident left him fairly limited mentally.
I know he wsa a stocker at a local pharmacy then at Wal-Mart from the early 90's until a year and a half (or so) ago when he went to work for a well known local tree service.
I was surprised to hear that he had recently started his own tree service. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with him.
you ARE talking about James Critikos, right? His business card said "20 years experience!" If what you say is true, he only has a year and a half experience... Is that right?!
mtphomeowner

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 21, 2010
 

Judged:

7

5

3

Is the James you talking about James Critikos? His company did a fairly poor job on my trees...
ConcernedHomeown er

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 22, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

The Tree Man!! Ha, james told me my tree was dead and should remove it before it collapse on my home. Fortunately I recieved multiple estimates from REPUTABLE companies and they told me it just needed a little trim. It wasnt dead, it was dormant from winter time.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

GGG wrote:
Is he licensed?
And that means nothing. A license is only a bribe to the mafia so you are allowed to do business.
WAshley Business Owner

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 25, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

3

ConcernedHomeowner wrote:
The Tree Man!! Ha, james told me my tree was dead and should remove it before it collapse on my home. Fortunately I recieved multiple estimates from REPUTABLE companies and they told me it just needed a little trim. It wasnt dead, it was dormant from winter time.
You have to be KIDDING ME!
I live in Mt. Pleasant but own a business West Ashley. James/ Jimmy Critikos knocked on the door at my home in Mt. Pleasant. My husband and I weren't ready for tree work at home but got Jimmy to give an estimate for our business West Ashley...
The price was great but I realize now you sometimes get what you pay for... "The Tree Man" knocked down the power supply to my business and guess what- SCE&G said that it's my responsibility to fix it because it happened between the pole and my business... they're only responsible for what happens pole to pole.
Thanks a LOT "Tree Man!" You will receive the OPPOSITE of referRals from me!!! You seemed a little off when I met you... I should have listened to my gut!
almostrundownint owncenter

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 29, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

do they have a blue pickup truck?
mtphomeowner

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 31, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

almostrundownintowncenter wrote:
do they have a blue pickup truck?
yes
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 2, 2010
 

Judged:

9

3

3

I have me a lawyer now. He said we will find out who posted this bad stuff about me and sue you all.
doug

Goose Creek, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

I don't know about james, but I used Mikes tree service. I believe he only specializes in cutting trees down and stump removal. But I had four estimates in the past and he was by far cheaper than any of them by a long shot and did a great job. I seen some of my neighbors have used him afterwards as well.

For example in the get what you pay for.

I was going to have one large tree cut down and one guy wanted almost a 1000 to take it down.. Mike took down that large one, plus two others for like 750 dollars. This was a couple years back. I had no problem.
WAshley Business Owner

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 5, 2010
 

Judged:

7

4

3

James wrote:
I have me a lawyer now. He said we will find out who posted this bad stuff about me and sue you all.
Whatever you say, James... I think you know better than that... If there is anyone who should/will get sued- IT IS YOU!
where is good service

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

that idiot (i truly think he's mentally challenged) and his group of nimrods left all the tree trimmings in our yard for a week... my wife and i had to haul everything to the road for the city to pick up then had to pay our yard guy extra to clean up aftewards!
thank a lot "tree man!" more like tree-tard i'd say!
just flat mad

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 24, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

that idiot and his company of baffoons left my yard looking like a tornado came through. when are you going to finish the job mr. tree man?!
IF YOU TALKED TOA TREE

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

The sad thing is, most companys in the industry care only about the money.It takes money to run a respectible company . Lion tail, bad cuts,and general over prunes are the standard all over our town. Other citys have great tree services who really care about trees ,i've seen there work and know them personally. Clients often tell the pros?? what limbs to HAT RACK. With time everv thing changes incuding butchered trees and maybe the Lowcountry will find a "tree lovin" tree company. p.s. this is not a post to the above buzz. don't have time to worry too tierd from climbing trees.
Isaiah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 11, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I currently work as the head climber for this company. I have 10 years of experience in the fields of tree care, preservation, and climbing.  I have received training from nationally recognized professional arborist and have continued my education through different Arbormaster courses. My co-worker has also been in this field for several years and is ISA certified.  James has been in the sales business for 20 years, offers clients’ reasonable prices, and distunighed customer service. All of our employees are insured, educated and from the area. When working with this company I have personally never seen customer’s yard left with unruly trimmings or mess.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns dealing with company.  Also, keep in mind that with numerous tree care companies in the area, some may want to smear the name of  a ligament, reputable company in fear of the competition.  Isaiah :
youcutdownthewro ngtrees

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 12, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Isaiah wrote:
I currently work as the head climber for this company. I have 10 years of experience in the fields of tree care, preservation, and climbing.  I have received training from nationally recognized professional arborist and have continued my education through different Arbormaster courses. My co-worker has also been in this field for several years and is ISA certified.  James has been in the sales business for 20 years, offers clients’ reasonable prices, and distunighed customer service. All of our employees are insured, educated and from the area. When working with this company I have personally never seen customer’s yard left with unruly trimmings or mess.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns dealing with company. Also, keep in mind that with numerous tree care companies in the area, some may want to smear the name of  a ligament, reputable company in fear of the competition. Isaiah :
Isaiah, which of you highly trained and qualified morons cut down the wrong tree in my neighbor's yard day before yesterday? I talked to friends while out to dinner with my wife last night... they used your company. you cut down the wrong tree at their house! That's 2 people I know personally that your company cut down trees at their houses that weren't supposed to be removed. What are the chances that I know the ONLY 2 people that your company screwed up the job at their house? Slim and none... Were you the guy with all the earrings or the other one in the trees? According to my wife, you two kind of looked like you almost knew what you were doing.
Was James the one who "has been in the sales business for 20 years?" When trying to solicit her for more business, he hit on my wife to the point she felt completely uncomfortable. When I called to have a word with him about it, he mumbled something completely incoherent, then hung up the phone and wouldn't answer my repeated attempts to get him on the phone again.
The entire experience was so ridiculous it was funny... to the point that we talked about it with our friends at dinner that night. That's when they shared their experience with "The Tree Man" with us.
Keep up the good work!
Doug

Goose Creek, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 13, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Isaiah, someone is full of baloney... EIther it's you or all the others claiming to have problems.

In reality I never dealt with him so I am not the one who has felt any of the problems listed above. I guess in reality we don't know if it's the same person posting all these or not. But I guess either way they succeeded as I won't use em. But then again I have used Mikes tree service and know that he has done a good job for me before. I would use him again when I would need to have one removed.
gutter

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 13, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Isaiah wrote:
I currently work as the head climber for this company. I have 10 years of experience in the fields of tree care, preservation, and climbing.  I have received training from nationally recognized professional arborist and have continued my education through different Arbormaster courses. My co-worker has also been in this field for several years and is ISA certified.  James has been in the sales business for 20 years, offers clients’ reasonable prices, and distunighed customer service. All of our employees are insured, educated and from the area. When working with this company I have personally never seen customer’s yard left with unruly trimmings or mess.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns dealing with company. Also, keep in mind that with numerous tree care companies in the area, some may want to smear the name of  a ligament, reputable company in fear of the competition. Isaiah :
gutter... as in- your company knocked the gutters off my neighbor's house last week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Goose Creek Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Goose Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Goose Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Goose Creek News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goose Creek
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••