Review: Yates Pontiac GMC Truck

Posted in the Goodyear Forum

Goodyear GTP Owner

Chandler, AZ

#1 Nov 17, 2008
The supercharger on my wife's Pontiac needed to be replaced. We dropped it off with Travis at the Goodyear Yates and braced ourselves for the estimate.$3600.00 was the replacement- of one part on the top of the engine!! The price of the part alone was $1800.00. I was web-searching prices for blowers and superchargers while I had Yates on the phone and I asked them if they were aware that I could purchase a new Weiand Blower for a top fuel dragster for less than that. I hung up on Travis and continued my search. I wound up buying an Eaton M90 roots blower from another company for $500 and did the work myself.

On another occassion, after I tried everything I could think of by myself, my wife's car went back to Yates when the heat stopped working. Yates claimed that their diagnostic found a voltage regulator that had opened and was unable to actuate a coolant valve to the heater core. They also noticed that the car had the wrong coolant in it (this car takes special red coolant - thinner viscosity). The cost to replace the regulator was close to $1000.00 so I only opted for the radiator/coolant flush and refill (still close to $200.00). The heat began to function immediately after the coolant flush. Clearly, they lied about the voltage regulator.

On another occasion, Yates got their slimy hands on my car again after 2 other shops could not locate an R-134 leak in the AC line. After 10 minutes in the bay, the 19 yr old girl at the Yates service counter tried to convince me that the technician had isolated the leak to a manifold deep in the dashboard requiring complete interior disassembly at $80/hr. I asked her how the tech could have possibly come to that conclusion so quickly and she just looked at me with a blank stare and smiled saying she wouldn't know - she 'knows nothing about cars.' I promptly left and luckily found competent mechanics at another shop that fixed the AC leak which turned out to be at the condenser - right up at the front under the hood -$130.00.

The service department at Yates is knowingly incompetent. They will proudly overcharge you, and they will gleefully rape you if you let them. Yates Pontiac GMC is the largest and most unscrupulous dealership service center I have ever encountered. Unfortunately for me and other GM owners in Goodyear, they are the only GM dealership in the immediate area, therefore they will occassionally get another chance from me. I will nonetheless avoid Yates service whenever and however I can! You will be wise to also.

AWFUL SERVICE - LIARS - THIEVES -STAY AWAY!
APPROACH ONLY AS LAST RESORT AND THEN DOUBT STRENUOUSLY EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR CAR.
Goodyear GTP Owner

Chandler, AZ

#2 Nov 17, 2008
My disgust with Yates Pontiac only grows stronger with time... After retreiving my 1999 GTP from where it stranded my wife on Friday night and then spending a weekend of unproductive troubleshooting on the fuel delivery system - I was JUST about to call Yates (#$%@$!!!! to ask for their "expert help."

I tried everything I could think of having to do with the throttle body, fuel control circuitry, pump, and PCM/BCM...

Finally, with no "check engine" light on at all, I decided on a whim to connect an OBD-II scanner and run a clear on any stored but invisible DTS codes. I found no stored codes but nonetheless I forced a clear and unhooked the scanner. To my surprise, the car started with no problem and has been healthy ever since.

My wife has commented that, since clearing the computer she notices that the on-board trip, fuel efficiency, and oil life readings have come online again. Now the best part,... in the exact words from my wife: "ever since I took the car to Yates for that $6.00 oil change, the trip computer has been jacked up - but now it is fine again."

Knowing that the oil life must be set back to 100% following every oil change, I can only think of one thing ... leading me back to the morons at Yates... So Yates, what the hell did your newby do to my car's computer at the end of that oil change?!

Once again... Do not take your car to Yates Pontiac in Goodyear! They will try to bring you in with all kinds of service coupons. I have even held off on a GM recall notice affecting a valve cover gasket issue - knowing that the Yates monkey troupe will invariably screw something else up performing a GM-ordered recall item and leave me with a bill!

Just think, in this case, I almost brought my car back to Yates to have them charge me for an issue they created. And do you think, with their history of backstabbing in my other entry, that they would NOT have charged me $1000's in labor to replace my PCM??! It would have been too easy for them.

When Detroit is in trouble, it is sad but true that our auto manufacturers have to concede the helm to the dealerships' service departments whose best efforts to keep the corporations afloat is to prey on the consumers that made the mistake of buying their cars to begin with. They are practically giving these cars away... But they'll Get em on the back side! cause they always come back!

We used to live in a day where a person could buy a car at a Big-3 dealership and then develop a trusting, friendly relationship with the service center at that dealership. Remember those days Yates? You scumbags!!
mivenmayfran

Bangalore, India

#3 Mar 9, 2010
Miven Mayfran manufacturer a wide range of conveyors like Slat conveyors and Coolant filtration for handling metal chips generated during metal cutting operation in India.
FOR MORE :http://www.mivenmayfran.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodyear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Open 24 Hour Locksmiths Avondale (Aug '13) Nov 17 nope 4
To My Surprise Airport Shuttle Service shuttles... (Oct '10) Nov 17 Ted Smith 2
commercial aircraft noise now over laveen Nov 7 oscar 1
Review: Exclusive Reception Hall Oct 29 i agree 4
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct '14 real man 1
West Valley city demographics Oct '14 Joe 1
Behavior - Dog Park, Clubs and Life in general Oct '14 Merylmusgrave 2
Goodyear Dating
Find my Match

Goodyear People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goodyear News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goodyear

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:28 pm PST

NBC Sports12:28PM
Larry Fitzgerald officially questionable for Sunday
NFL 1:22 PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?