Watch out for Goodyear Police

Watch out for Goodyear Police

Posted in the Goodyear Forum

Advisor

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jun 25, 2009
With the city's limited budget that happens accross the country, City of Goodyear is no difference than any other cities. Becareful when you drive in City of Goodyear, the Goodyear Police will ticket you on petty traffic violations, they are desperate for generating revenue for the city. Two days ago, I was ticketed for no use of right turn signal when using turning right lane only. The fact that there was no car behind me at the time. I have no ticket in the last 12 years until now. The officer seems to be a young newbee, who love to piss off its citizens. One word, becareful. They are desperate out there...
WTF

Waterford, VA

#2 Jun 25, 2009
???
yep

Lincoln, NE

#3 Jun 26, 2009
Sounds just like where I came from. Locals get away with it all, out of towners & out of staters get busted for driving 2 MPH over speed limit. Yikes.
resident

Salem, OH

#4 Jul 3, 2009
Goodyear police will also pull you over for a rolling stop when there is nothing but cows and chickens in the middle of nowhere! Plus speeding at 5 MPH over posted speed limit where you are not endangering anybody because nobody is around is absurd. They speed all the time! Isn't the law "reasonable and prudent"?
tired of stupid people

Tempe, AZ

#5 Jul 6, 2009
WTF wrote:
???
I am just sorry that it took police so many years to catch you putting others in danger. I bet you are one of those people who stay in the left lane on the freeway and go slower than the speed limit, and then whine when people ride you ass ! TARD
avondale rsident

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jul 9, 2009
I would hope that if a ticket is given you will go to court if you do not agree with it or if it is notin the az driving handbook, I have heard of goodyear police giving tickets for a license plate light out and other silly stuff especially to teens in cars.. so be careful and diligent about safe driving and hopefully avoid a ticker, what happen to "fix -it repair" tickets, I recently got one from highway patrol on my windshield but did not get a ticket???
goodyear

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2009
Maybe because Goodyear cops have nothing better to do. Too many cops perhaps? This is what our tax dollars are spent on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodyear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jodi Arias to Be Released from Prison After 'In... Apr 21 Bonnie 2
News White supremacist gang busted (May '06) Apr 3 u reap what u sow 228
fake chef darrell quigg (Mar '08) Mar 30 Ozy 63
Is Sun City the best place to retire in AZ? (Apr '09) Mar '17 Dreyfus 58
Review: 1st Classic Dental (Jul '12) Mar '17 wanda_p61 3
News Permit for mine that could threaten jaguar El J... Feb '17 East520 2
News Meet Ava, Arizona Snowbowl's new avalanche resc... Feb '17 Nice News 1

Goodyear Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance