Anderson Guy

Carl Junction, MO

#75 Aug 22, 2012
donk wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should also apologize while your'e at it for all your negative comments against these folks until you dropped the sanctimonious holier than thou attitude.
Well, it really aint none of your business, but I did apologize to them, and they accepted my apology. Apparently you didnt read the whole thread.
THE CAVE BAR AND GRILL

Indianapolis, IN

#77 Sep 8, 2012
Taking longer than expected. The August heat had us slowing work down so no one would get hurt. If you drive by, you will see the new siding on the original kitchen area. You will also see the old barn has been torn down.
Anderson Guy

United States

#78 Sep 8, 2012
Yeah! Its looking better every day. If I come and eat there when you open, I will not introduce myself as Anderson Guy.
wondering when

United States

#79 Sep 25, 2012
Lookin forward to eating in a cave. Can't wait.
Concerned

Pittsburg, KS

#80 Oct 1, 2012
"The Lord helps those that help themselves" is not in the Bible! In fact, God wants us to depend on him in the time of trouble. And...it seems to me, from reading these posts, that Mr. Hempstone, being on the defence from the get go, may be Mr. Camo Cavedweller.
preppandscoot

Noel, MO

#81 Oct 23, 2012
They are building a retreat/bunker. If you drive by and look where the gardent is off to the right of the cave entrance you can see where they buried the shipping containers.

I think this is there main area and they are developing something to seal the main entrance to the cave.

This does not mean they will not open a bar and grill but they are doing other things as well.

The surrounding communities are formulating plans to take the cave in case of a WROL situation.

The cave is to valuable for storing meat and water.
Anderson Guy

United States

#82 Oct 24, 2012
Well, they said they're not building a bunker. Besides, its rather stupid to have one next to a main highway. But they are very very slow at opening their bar and grill. I would much rather see a bed and breakfast, myself, seeing as how I don't drink booze.
Anderson Guy

United States

#84 Nov 2, 2012
preppandscoot wrote:
They are building a retreat/bunker. If you drive by and look where the gardent is off to the right of the cave entrance you can see where they buried the shipping containers.
I think this is there main area and they are developing something to seal the main entrance to the cave.
This does not mean they will not open a bar and grill but they are doing other things as well.
The surrounding communities are formulating plans to take the cave in case of a WROL situation.
The cave is to valuable for storing meat and water.
And how would you know the surrounding communities are formulating plans to take over the cave? You sound more whack than I once did. It does seem strange that the owners keep promising to open the business, yet never do. Apparently they are not hurting for money.
preppandscoot

Anderson, MO

#85 Nov 25, 2012
lol

why else would you bury shipping containers. They make great storage for WROL.

I have one myself. You do not bury them for a bar and grill.
Anderson Guy

Carl Junction, MO

#86 Nov 25, 2012
Ok. I will give you that one. Maybe you're right. Maybe we've all been took. They may open a bar and grill, but they apparently don't need the money from such a business. I think their main objective is doomsday prepping. Even though as I've said before, its not smart doing it right by the road so everyone can see your business.
THE CAVE BAR AND GRILL

Indianapolis, IN

#88 Feb 17, 2013
Anderson Guy and preppandscott:

Shipping containers also make great storage for dog, chicken, goat, pig, and rabbit food too. As it does for the lumber from tearing down the unsightly buildings near the road. The shipping containers are also unsightly as well. Blue and green just did not go with the decor of the land.

Since it is just four people putting together a bar, it does take longer than expected to open. As the owner, I will not open some dive place poorly put together.

Thank you for your patience.
Anderson Guy

Carl Junction, MO

#89 Feb 18, 2013
Yep, still waiting...
THE CAVE BAR AND GRILL

Noel, MO

#90 Feb 18, 2013
My wife told me of all the talk of the cave in this thread. Wow, what an imagination some of us have. I assure you the "The Cave Bar and Grill" will be opening in April, May at the latest of this year 2013. I did not see any reason to kill our self's to open before Spring. This project has been a massive undertaking to say the least. Some of the time delay has been financing. We are doing all of this on our own money not a banks! And I'm not rich! So an April or May opening are a MUST for me. I believe everyone will be well pleased with what we have turned the place into and we look forward to serving each and every one of you a hot meal and a cold beverage as soon as we are open.

P.S. If there is a collapse of some type you might want to have a plan B for storing food. Truitt's cave is a wet cave and all the food would be covered in mold in a week. Not to mention a person would die of hypothermia and pneumonia in no time if they tried to live in the cave. Bats seem like it though.
Anderson Guy

United States

#91 Feb 19, 2013
Well, that's what you said last year. Even had a big write up in the paper. Still waiting...
Lisa T

Columbia, MO

#92 Feb 19, 2013
I will most definately make the treck down from NW Missouri. I would love to talk to you guys at the cave when I do make it down.
THE CAVE BAR AND GRILL

Noel, MO

#93 Feb 19, 2013
I'm sorry we are not moving fast enough. We are doing our best. A lot of things took longer than expected. When we realized there was no way we would be open last year we decided to shoot for April or May this year. Plus there was some family medical problems that required help so "The Cave" was the one that got shorted. It does seem disheartening reading some of the negative post on here though. We have done nothing but work hard and try and make a place we and the community will be proud of. Well once again once we are open we look forward to serving a hot meal, cold beverage and some good times to all.
Anderson Guy wrote:
Well, that's what you said last year. Even had a big write up in the paper. Still waiting...
Anderson Guy

Stockton, MO

#94 Feb 19, 2013
Well, I will say that the place looks a lot nicer than it used to. I can tell you guys have put a lot of thought into the landscaping. But if you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of those piles of stones all in a circle?
donk

Pagosa Springs, CO

#95 Feb 23, 2013
Well AG, it's obvious,,,, they are Druids.
Anderson Guy

United States

#96 Feb 24, 2013
Of course! That's what I thought. I just didn't want to say it.
THE CAVE BAR AND GRILL

Noel, MO

#98 Feb 25, 2013
The stones are to prevent anyone from driving over the septic tanks. We had to install 3. The shipping containers are for storage because the cave has no room to store anything. All space is being utilized for kitchen, bathrooms, office and dining room. The main cave will not open till probably next year. All the electrical, lighting and hand railing must be redone. The goats are the grounds keepers. They are busy eating back the low forest growth to enhance the beauty of the hilltop and to eliminate the habitat of ticks. The dogs are my babies, they will not know what to do once they can't be there. Hope this answers things. Things make sense when speculation is left at the door.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Obama has FAILED 97,299
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 11 hr hahaha 3,194
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Tue Go Blue Forever 590
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... Mon FyI 304
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Sep 23 Jenny 6,937
Diamond School Board (Feb '14) Sep 20 Exactamundo 171
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 20 Obama Bitches 10,212

Goodman News Video

Goodman Dating
Find my Match

Goodman Jobs

Goodman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goodman News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goodman

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]