ThePits

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2010
Can't someone do SOMETHING about all the panhandling going on around the Rivergate Mall area?!?!? This area has gone down hill fast. I don't feel safe when I come there, I've completely stopped going to that mall, it looks like a crap hole around there, I'm tired of the panhandlers on EVERY corner. I'm sure there's some heart wrenching story behind it all, but it's extremely annoying. I'm pleading to the areas government, "Please clean this area up."

“I want to make it better...”

Since: May 07

Greenbrier, TN

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Um, sorry. Have you not been paying attention to the economy? For some that is about the only option (not all of them, mind you). If they make you feel unsafe learn some self-defense and don't give them money.
As for it looking like a 'crap hole' maybe you would like to take a trip down Dickerson Rd. or go down around the Briley Pkwy exchange. You might see things in a bit of a different light.
Don't get me wrong. We would love to have your money down in Rivergate. Unfortunately there are other pressing issues besides your wallet.
ThePits

Columbia, SC

#3 Jul 31, 2010
That's cool, I'll take my business else where. I understand the economy is crap but try to learn a new skill, get other training. I don't give money, so my wallet isn't the issue. I would like to come some place close to where I live, but if I have to go to Indian Lake then that's what I'll do.

Oh, why should I have to learn self defense. That's not gonna help me ward off someone with a weapon... Or help me fend off a 200+ pound man. Plus I have children... I'm worried fir their safety too. So because rivergate area isn't able to be cleaned up I should shell out 150$ a month in self defense... You must have voted for "change" ha ha

“I want to make it better...”

Since: May 07

Greenbrier, TN

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Self defense is always a good thing ESPECIALLY when you have children REGARDLESS of where you live or shop. It WILL help you against an armed attacker or a 200+ pound man. You'd actually be very much safer as would your children.
As for your business, please, take your snotty attitude on out to Indian Lake. Better yet, take it to Opry Mills or the Brentwood area where I'm sure you'll fit in and there is *no need* for self defense.
I always want to see things improve but that can only happen when enough people have the same thought. Oh, and when the votes for *change* happen to fall in the right direction.
yellaroseTNM

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2010
"Ldydrgn"
I'm here got your back, we don't need snotty nosed
people to tell us how to take care of our part of
the country. I've never been bothered in Rivergate
have you. I go there all the time! The problem
with snotty is it is'nt her cup of tea!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 2, 2010
It's everywhere. Last night at dinner in Hermitage some little girls came around bumming money saying it was for their cheerleading team. The managers quickly ran them off. There wree no adults, no sign of them being on a cheer leading team other than the one was in a very faded over sized uniform that said cougars. These kids were obviously siblings more than 5 years apart. Do you think they would be cheering on the same team? What kind of parents do that to their kids? Exploit them like that. That is unfortunately what the world is coming to!
Sumner County

United States

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Come one come all to Sumner County and spend your $$$$... Rivergate has gone way down hill in the past 5-6 years. It is on the way to be like 100 oaks. I no the economy was good 5 years ago and Rivergate was on the way down then.
r-gate suxs

Nashville, TN

#8 Aug 16, 2010
Sumner County wrote:
Come one come all to Sumner County and spend your $$$$... Rivergate has gone way down hill in the past 5-6 years. It is on the way to be like 100 oaks. I no the economy was good 5 years ago and Rivergate was on the way down then.
I've noticed that Sumner County has police officers patrolling the stores around Target and the shops at Indian Lake. Plus I think I heard on the news that a poor teenager was just killed last week while closing up at a gas station... I'll take Sumner County thank you!!!

Keep up the GOOD WORK Sumner... I like to see the officers patrolling the parking lots.
Sumner County

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2010
I can tell you this much, I can go to Indian Lake and fill safe with myself and my kids. At Rivergate you have to be on your gard the whole time. The police at Indian lake help so much and that is good tax money at work.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2011
There is panhandlers on every corner around 2 Mile Pike and Gallatin Rd. everyday. No I want give them money when they have cell phones, clean white tennis shoes etc. To me they are out just to get money, most prob have a job and this is their second job or vise versa...Yes the Rivergate area is going down hill just like Madison has.
Stu

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Feb 13, 2011
Its funny how some idiots on here are OK with the area going downhill and want to call people snobs for calling attention to it.. I think you are the very same people bringing it down. Keep your section 8 housing in Nashville and let us be. If its snobbish to want to live around hard working people and not lazy low life's, crackheads, and thieves.. Then I guess I am a SNOB.
Chi-Chi

Franklin, KY

#12 Mar 22, 2011
Welcome to the United States, land of opportunity. LOL, if ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen,,,pack up and head to your fantasy town.
good luck finding it...Ba ha haaa
Rivergate

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 22, 2011
The Rivergate area is probably going to see a revamp, especially the mall due to Opry Mills being in hiatus. Major renovations are already going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kutos- Grandmother Reports Grandson 6 hr Mom 24
Who broke your heart? Tell us... 6 hr Tim 9
Eclipse gridlock around nashville 7 hr Government Cheese 8
john peppercorn the prophet 7 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Jason holt 9 hr Britt 1
Any Women with HSV looking 10 hr hsv 2
How long does it take to get through the Nashvi... 11 hr Zoo-Goer 3

Goodlettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance