Fire destroys Cash, Carter Family mem...

Fire destroys Cash, Carter Family memorabilia

There are 3 comments on the The News-Examiner story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Fire destroys Cash, Carter Family memorabilia. In it, The News-Examiner reports that:

Several guitars once strummed by Johnny Cash and a piano played by his mother-in-law, Maybelle Carter, went up in flames Thursday evening at the Hendersonville home of songwriter Carl Knight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Examiner.

lorrie

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Well at least this answersv the question as to where those things went. The piano is especially upsetting. My mom, Anita ...Maybelle's daughter was executorix of grandmas estate. The piano and mandolin were put in the House of Cash museum while it was open. The plan after it closed was to have had the piano (which had been played by grandma and her girls) was to have the piano moved to the family museum...but before that happened, it disappeared. The mandolin may have gone to aunt June but the piano was to have come back so that all could enjoy it. Guitars and mandolins are much easier to pick up and move, it took some planning for the piano. Such a shame. I'm sure that the man that bought these things didn't know the circumstances in which he purchased these items. So Sad. Wish my mom had lived long enough to know what happened. It really worried her when she was told" well we can't find it"! I'm very thankful that nobody was hurt in the fire. That is the most important thing. Now the rest of the family is left to wonder, why??
lorrie

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Sorry....I didn't proof read my post. As I said, it was upsetting.

“Miss Manner's”

Since: Mar 11

Nashville Tenn

#3 Mar 6, 2011
lorrie wrote:
Sorry....I didn't proof read my post. As I said, it was upsetting.
That is a shame that those family heirlooms were taken. I wish your family well. At least you have the answers,and piece of mind. Best wishes to you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eclipse gridlock around nashville 7 hr Fghatecrapsville 5
Menage Club (Feb '13) 11 hr DR PHIL 51
Tenn. Senator Corker 13 hr DR PHIL 17
You Are A Sick Person 15 hr Ooh WOW 5
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 18 hr Becky 214
Looking for Johnny R. (Jul '16) Jul '17 Hello 8
missing brother (Dec '16) Dec '16 Melinda money 1

Goodlettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance