Life in the Goodlettsville area ??

Life in the Goodlettsville area ??

Posted in the Goodlettsville Forum

Wallace

Des Moines, IA

#1 Mar 30, 2011
My wife and I are moving to Goodlettsville in the next few months. We have two girls, ages five and nine.

How is life there ?? Is it a safe place overall, and how is the school system. If possible, we'd like to keep the girls in a small Christian, as they are in now.

Are there any "areas" that we need to stay away from ?

Any serious replies will be greatly appreciated !!
yaya

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2011
I would stay away from the rivergate area (mall area)... High Crime. If you are looking for a small christian school, I would suggest Whitehouse Christian Academy. They are a smaller private school.
newbie also

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2011
I am fairly new to the area too and looked at first mainly in Goodlettsville. I found out there are some nice neighborhoods, mainly on the Sumner County side. Stay away from section closest to Nashville, Davidson County. Those Goodlettsville kids feed into a pretty rough high school that you don't want your kids to end up in if they go public later. We eventually decided to live on the Sumner County side of White House. People think it is so far but due to the way the houses are situated off the interstate, it's really five minutes OR LESS farther from the houses we looked at in Goodlettsville and Hendersonville. Mapquest some addresses, and you will see what I mean.

The Sumner County schools in White House have a very good reputation
miserable-n-good lettsvile

Goodlettsville, TN

#4 Jun 10, 2011
My husband and I have been living a never ending nightmare since we moved to Goodlettsville. I searched the web today out of sheer desperation to see if any others living here had any complaints, and this post came up first. I felt compelled to respond, especially when I read that you have two small children. Please, if you are really considering moving here, rent first. I have truly never been so miserable in my whole life. We wanted to start a family after buying our house, but quickly realized this is NOT the place. My response is heartfelt-please do not make the mistake that we did and buy property here. We have truly lived to regret it, and if feels like we are going be be stuck here forever. :(
Lynn

Goodlettsville, TN

#5 Jun 11, 2011
I have lived here 50 years and would live no where else! Miserable n goodlettsville maybe needs a long vacation or needs to move if they are that miserable. White house is 15 minutes from Goodlettsville or more. Rivergate mall is bad, but not really no more than any other place and certainly not as bad as Antioch. You have to be aware of what is going on. Goodlettsville Elem is good, The middle school is okay, it is getting better, Hunters Lane is bad news, i would certainly find another school. The Robertson County side of White House is better with a new state of the art school White House Hertiage. If you live in the Sumner County live where your kids will go to Beech. White House High School in Sumner county is old and small. I work in an area school and White House Christian is a joke! If you want your kids to have a good education go to Beech or WH Hertiage. Remember i have lived here 50 years and seen everything come and go. If Mr. Miserable is so Miserable i can show him the city limits sign!
White House resident

United States

#6 Jun 12, 2011
I live in the neighborhood of White House H.S. on the Sumner County side and have to disagree with Lynn. It is a very nice school.

Sumner County schools are known to outperform Robertson County schools. White House is a very nice, growing town no matter what side you live on though. Goodlettsville has both good and bad neighborhoods.

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Jun 13, 2011
Wallace wrote:
My wife and I are moving to Goodlettsville in the next few months. We have two girls, ages five and nine.
How is life there ?? Is it a safe place overall, and how is the school system. If possible, we'd like to keep the girls in a small Christian, as they are in now.
Are there any "areas" that we need to stay away from ?
Any serious replies will be greatly appreciated !!
This seems like a stupid question to ask AFTER you are planning to move there, right?
lynn

AOL

#8 Jun 13, 2011
nobody said that white house hs was bad, it is just older and smaller. i would have to disagree on the performance vs Robertson county. it all depends on what school in robertson county. sumner county as well as robertson county have some fine schools. white house is a great community but is further away from nashville if that is where you work. the north side of goodlettsville is relly nice but not nice past moss trail dr/dickerson road, it starts getting bad
Charlotte

Madison, TN

#9 Jun 22, 2011
My family moved to Goodlettsville 10 years ago from the Northeast. We live in a nice neighborhood in Sumner County. Our children attend MHMS, an academic magnet school serving K-12 in Hendersonville. I am unaware of any data that suggests Sumner county schools have been outperformed by those in Robertson county. I would guess if you are including the public schools in Davidson county, then maybe yes, as a whole we might have lower scores. That is why you want to live in Sumner County if you choose the public school route. My friends who do live in the Davidson side of Goodlettsville have their children attend private schools, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, Hendersonville Christian Academy and Saint Joseph. As someone who spent much of her life in a bigger city in New England I can honestly tell you Goodlettsville is a nice, safe community to raise a family. Moss Wright Park is beautifully maintained and access to the interstate from Goodlettsville is fairly quick. Rivergate is not Green Hills or Cool Springs or Antioch. It is somewhere in the middle. Do not know "miserable-n-goodlettsvil le's" reasons are for her displeasure, especially if she has not yet raised a family and become acquainted with other families with small children. Not trying to minimize her feelings, It would be nice to get some concrete information as to why her life in Goodlettsville is unbearable. I would agree that renting might be a good choice to make if you are unsure. You would certainly have your pick of homes that cannot be sold due to the economy and are being utilized as rentals. You have many options with schools and there are many nice, safe neighborhoods in both counties. Goodlettsville is a lovely, small town with great proximity to Nashville and Bowling Green. Hope this was helpful.
moving

Nashville, TN

#10 May 21, 2012
What about the houses off Dry Creek Road - any opinions on that small subdivision?
Gville

Madison, TN

#11 Jun 7, 2012
Do not move to Dry Creek Rd.
jjj

Nashville, TN

#12 Mar 11, 2014
Is Dry Creek Farms a nice subdivision to live in with low crime?
native

Madison, TN

#13 Feb 14, 2016
jjj wrote:
Is Dry Creek Farms a nice subdivision to live in with low crime?
i live in Rolling Meadows and its quiet and the subdivision around me (dry Creek Farms) seem very Nice. I like have the little town centre so close and the Krogers is super nice with a starbucks. The public is nice too kinda small
Chicken Leg

Nashville, TN

#14 Feb 14, 2016
Good place ta get good crack and pills. Especially right up the road in Springfield in that little Gangster filled town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reds heating and air 22 min Whatthehell 21
The lean drink 54 min Mom 18
Women who want to cry victim instead of stoppin... 59 min Mom 82
Corruption in Laurel county Kentucky 2 hr False charges 1
Taylor 4 jezebel 3 hr What have you done 21
You Are A Sick Person 3 hr Dumbo 68
Are you jealous [email protected] $W!fT 4 hr Dumbo 68

Goodlettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance