Beech coach charged with rape

Jan 25, 2012 Full story: The Tennessean 13

An assistant football coach and math teacher at Beech High School was arrested Wednesday and charged with one count of aggravated statutory rape of a female student.

Full Story
thisguy

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2012
FREE COACH KEEN
Florida Mom

Port Orange, FL

#2 Jan 27, 2012
Oh PAHlease, give me a break. This guy is nothing but a predator. Unfortunately, the teaching profession attracts some of these scumbags because it puts them in close proximity to young people. Wake up, students, he is a pervert and should be treeated as such.
Dumb people

Washington, DC

#3 Jan 29, 2012
How is it all his fault? She is just as much to blame for TEXTING HiM herself asking if he would get a hotel room for her an her friend. Not saying he isn't guilty, but she is also. So stop pointing fingers at one person. It take two to have sex. Willingly at that, which it was.
You cannot be serious

Goodlettsville, TN

#4 Jan 30, 2012
Dumb people wrote:
How is it all his fault? She is just as much to blame for TEXTING HiM herself asking if he would get a hotel room for her an her friend. Not saying he isn't guilty, but she is also. So stop pointing fingers at one person. It take two to have sex. Willingly at that, which it was.
Have you forgotten that he is in a position of authority; therefore, he is completely responsible. He had every opportunity to stop whatever was leading up to this. It is NEVER ok for a teacher to have sex with a student. I don't care if she threw herself at him, it was his responsibility to say no.
thisguy

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 30, 2012
Florida Mom wrote:
Oh PAHlease, give me a break. This guy is nothing but a predator. Unfortunately, the teaching profession attracts some of these scumbags because it puts them in close proximity to young people. Wake up, students, he is a pervert and should be treeated as such.
if you knew coach keen which i assume u dont then u would understand he wasnt just another teacher he always talked to his students and helped them out anyway he could he just wanted to get it in FREE COACH KEEN!!!!!
well

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 30, 2012
It would seem that TN has changed the sex offender laws relative to what constitutes and authority figure and even who has to be registered on the sex offender's registry.

My guess is, even if he cops a guilty plea, he'll get a little probation, at most, he won't have to be on the offender's list and lots of the internet will even be wiped cleaned for him.

It sure has worked out that way for other Tennessee teachers, even multiple and repeat offenders.

I wonder why and how it works out that way?
well

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 30, 2012
Follow this story and see how it works out....

....bookmark all links to the published stories and check them a year later after it's been settled.

I can rattle off more than one that no longer comes up with any search engine, much less the search off the Tennessean's page linked to this thread, when they indeed ran the story. Amazing huh?

Despite Representative Maggart's televised statements about how sexual predators are treated in TN, I think you'll see this just isn't the case when it comes to teachers ill suited to the profession, especially if they are involved in school athletics.

There are plenty of ex-teachers in TN, who indeed should be in the pen for rape by an authority figure, that aren't even registered on the offender's list.

I agree with you that if a teacher has not the self-control to resist the young meat being thrown at them, they should find another profession and not be sheltered by laws which would have anyone else under the jail and ruined for life.

It's almost as if The State wants no part of being culpable for hiring predators when more careful screening would preclude many with problems, from ever having a job working with kids of any age.

Doesn't the state owe it's citizens a bit more due prudence when hiring teachers?

I mean, I know, and teachers know, that kids can be absolutely scandalous and horrible these days, but, allowing students any access to a teacher's private life simply shouldn't be accepted. Not the cellphone numbers, not facebook, not twitter, etc... keep it professional or find another profession.

Strike one, two and three for the victim even having the coach's cell phone number.
You cannot be serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you forgotten that he is in a position of authority; therefore, he is completely responsible. He had every opportunity to stop whatever was leading up to this. It is NEVER ok for a teacher to have sex with a student. I don't care if she threw herself at him, it was his responsibility to say no.
Tiffany

Mount Holly, NC

#8 Apr 3, 2012
Let's not free coach keen ...
Just curious

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Does anyone know what's going on with all this? Ha

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2012
You cannot be serious wrote:
<quoted text>
He/She didn't say that he didn't do anything wrong. He did. However, it's not okay to act like this is the same type of situation as an adult preying on a child. The female involved is not a victim.
The law

Huntsville, TX

#11 May 8, 2012
PTOMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
He/She didn't say that he didn't do anything wrong. He did. However, it's not okay to act like this is the same type of situation as an adult preying on a child. The female involved is not a victim.
I not clear I thought the law is you can not have sex with anyone under the age of 18 if you are a adult(Tennessee Law). I don't think it says you can have sex with someone under the age 18 if they really push the issue and make it to hard to turn down. NO a adult must always do the correct thing that is why we have them watching over our children no matter what. This girl is a victim and it is sad that she will one day know how dumb she was. This man should have done the right thing and told someone that he was being called by this girl. This way the other adults in charge could take care of this problem and get this girl some help. Sumner county schools seem to have this problem I believe Blake Kelley was a teacher and a coach in sumner county. It is never ok for the adult to take advantage of a minor in No way. We can keep making excuses for why people make bad choices. In everyway this man is wrong and the girl will have to growup but for now she is just a kid.

Location hidden

#12 May 8, 2012
Well, of course, what he did was wrong. I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying that it's not the same thing as a teacher taking advantage of a small child. I'm a school teacher and I, personally, can't imagine jeopardizing my career over something so stupid....don't understand why this man didn't just go find himself some 20 year old or something. I guess I'm just pulling from a personal incident of when I was in high school. I had a friend/acquaintance who pursued a coach something fierce. She was the aggressor and while he eventually did what he shouldn't have, she was simply not a victim. However, I don't know this man or his "victim" so I don't know the situation. It seems, though, what I am hearing from other posts that this incident is the least of his worries. If the rape accusations are true, that is much more of a concern than anything else.

Location hidden

#13 May 8, 2012
Oh, wait a second. I've confused this thread with the other one about that guy from HHS. Sorry. Weird thing is, I don't even remember writing that comment the above person responded to. Dang, there are too many of these types of things going on. I can't even keep them organized in my mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 13 min cpeter1313 2,818
Shelley Brown (Lott) - Is it true?? 13 hr Shane 13
Opryland Ice spreading germs not cheer 17 hr Coldasice 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 19 hr please 1,860
impeach Obama (Nov '13) 20 hr Go Blue Forever 71
Outstanding Steel Guitar player Wed Steeler 1
HR Davis and Mark Hicks Rip Off Drunks Wed BDD 1
Goodlettsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web