Boycott Strike at Nashville WalMarts on Black Friday

Posted in the Goodlettsville Forum

Sam Walton

Hermitage, TN

#1 Nov 20, 2012
WalMart is the largest private employer in the US yet their employees are among the lowest paid and most abused by any corporate entity.
Show your support for these down-trodden workers by boycotting all WalMart stores on Black Friday.(Do you really need to keep buying Chinese-made products that you will yard sale or throw away in a few years anyway?)
Don't shop at WalMart this Friday! And if you work there join in the strikes. It will send a much needed message to the WalMart corporation.
And if they fire you, just remember there are plenty of $8-9hr jobs here.
----------
april

Gainesboro, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2012
I think it's disgusting that a large company abuses it's employees the way they do. I am sire if employees weren't afraid of being fired they would protest.
Haslam

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Quit your whining. So they have to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving. What's the big deal? I don't see you crying for the convienence store workers that are working after Thanksgiving so that you can purchase some cool ones to add to your already obese gut. If they don't want to work, then don't work.
Sams Rolling OverandOver

Hermitage, TN

#4 Nov 20, 2012
Hi April. I understand completely that they are afraid to strike for fear of losing their jobs.
But at least WE, you and I, and everyone who reads this, we can AT LEAST stay out of WalMart on Friday.
I only buy groceries there anyway.
If millions of Americans would BOYCOTT WalMart for just that one day, it would send a message to their corporate slavemasters.
Economics 101

Mount Juliet, TN

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Sams Rolling OverandOver wrote:
If millions of Americans would BOYCOTT WalMart for just that one day, it would send a message to their corporate slavemasters.
On the contrary, it will not send a message to the "corporate slavemasters". The company is not going to simply absorb the losses that it would incur if a boycott or strike were to happen. It will simply pass on those costs to its employees through layoffs and to its customers through increased prices.

Don't trust that it is so easy to find jobs elsewhere right now. It isn't.
Come on now

Winnsboro, SC

#6 Nov 20, 2012
Shut your stupid mouths and get a job yourself and you won't have time to worry about the other whiners who think they should get something for nothing. When this Obama fiasco finally comes to a head you buffoons who voted for him will be the first ones to whine. I guarantee it. Free health care, bahahaha.
The one night

Nashville, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2012
When this cheap crap is priced appropriately.

“Shoot to protect!!!!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 23, 2012
I'm betting that when they were hired by Walmart they knew the work schedule and the pay rate, with that being said get your ass to work I need to buy some dog food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min miss tuffet 150,683
Turn in litterbugs!!! Especially those who thro... 39 min Jabo 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 52 min Lawrence Wolf 259
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr DeDominicis 9,451
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 6 hr the truth 1,559
Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car ac... 7 hr So sad 2
Erin Como Fanclub 11 hr FOX 17 1
•••
Goodlettsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Goodlettsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••