Northerner

Whites Creek, TN

#1 Jun 12, 2013
I'm a recent transplant from the east coast. Had to move for my husbands job. I've been told recently that southerners don't readily accept those who aren't "from here". Is this true?
Redeemed

Powell, TN

#3 Jun 13, 2013
Hickman County is a tough nut to crack though. Even if you are from within the state it takes an awful long time to break through the "outsider" thing here.
Northerner

Whites Creek, TN

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for the help! I welcome the slower pace of life here!! Much easier than the east coast!
southern belle

Brentwood, TN

#5 Jun 14, 2013
We love you then talk sh it behind your back. Never put to much trust in us... We'll turn on you especially if other people don't like you. We put on fake smiles and pretend everything's okay when it really isn't.
Southern again

Franklin, TN

#6 Jun 15, 2013
Northerner wrote:
I'm a recent transplant from the east coast. Had to move for my husbands job. I've been told recently that southerners don't readily accept those who aren't "from here". Is this true?
Depends on where you are. I'm a Southerner by birth, and have been transferred to the West Coast, Midwest, a new to me region in the South twice. The first Southern town was a surprise because people were very unfriendly to outsiders. I didn't expect that. For my most recent transfer back to the South from another region of the country, I chose a town with lots of transplants. A much better experience, although in my experience in my new town, the natives are very open and welcoming, too.

I hope you're in an area with lots of transplants.

Find something you like to do, a hobby or sport, and jump in. Get involved in a church. Volunteer.
Stealth ninja

Hodgenville, KY

#7 Jun 16, 2013
I am southern born but I've been all over the place.i find that there are good people wherever I go.as long as a person treats me alright and doesn't think of themselves as above me.i return the favor.friends are a rare commodity these days,wherever they come from.
Dolly

Goodlettsville, TN

#8 Jul 19, 2013
I am sourthern born and I don't judge anyone from where they come from.If you treat me with respect I will treat you with respect.I don't think you will have any problems with most southerners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goodlettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Mayor should resign, itís only right 6 min What up dummies 81
Sign the petition for Mayor Megan Barry to resi... 20 min White Boy 23
Who? 2 hr Mom 24
MLK Madness 4 hr Guest 38
Laura Ingraham vs Lebron James 4 hr Nobama 9
Drug testing for food stamps 5 hr Fudpuck 182
Is homosexuality a choice? 5 hr Fudpuck 19

Goodlettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance