Minnesota Legislature / Few answers a...

Minnesota Legislature / Few answers about spendy conference

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 9, 2008, titled Minnesota Legislature / Few answers about spendy conference. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota lawmakers hoped to learn more Friday about how and why public money was used for an international game-warden conference last July in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Yeah right

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 May 10, 2008
Of all the groups to question extravagant spending!! Look out, here comes the fiscally responsible State DFL'ers Anderson and Wagenius!! They're probably pissed because that money could have built another bike trail somewhere. How can they look in the mirror everyday....nobody waste's more of our money than the State Legislature.
Hello

Durham, NC

#2 May 12, 2008
I find it quite hypocritical for all of these DFLer's bitching about "runaway costs" for an official conference with training, all the while collecting $96 per day, tax free, receipt free, for food. Oh, and I forgot. They voted the per diem for themselves.

Amazing.
Kevin

Denver, CO

#3 May 12, 2008
MN DFL : The rules are for thee, not for me.
Old Townie

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 12, 2008
Two comments out of three come from out-of-towners... Me thinks they're probably just lobbyists from the NRA or their Holsten's relatives.
Publius

Minneapolis, MN

#5 May 12, 2008
Looks like they made a tactical error in not inviting some legislators to the boondoggle. If every wasteful public-funded conference were reported on, the daily paper would look like a phone book.
Kevin

Denver, CO

#6 May 12, 2008
Old Townie wrote:
Two comments out of three come from out-of-towners... Me thinks they're probably just lobbyists from the NRA or their Holsten's relatives.
Wow....you fail at the internet.

The location listed below your name is the physical location of your ISP's server. Mine is out in Deleware....occasionally I connect via one in DC.

Think first, THEN speak (or in this case type). Lest you make yourself look the fool....nevermind, too late.
JAdams

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 13, 2008
This is Minnesota. I would expect nothing less than the governement to waste money and then raise my taxes to make for it.
Libertarian

Wayne, PA

#8 May 13, 2008
This is the very reason that we cannot keep giving the government more tax money. Think about how this capital could have been spent by private business by expanding and creating jobs. But no, the government finds ways to waste it. It's time to vote all the clowns out of office, especially the Liberals.
Who sez

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 13, 2008
Libertarian wrote:
This is the very reason that we cannot keep giving the government more tax money. Think about how this capital could have been spent by private business by expanding and creating jobs. But no, the government finds ways to waste it. It's time to vote all the clowns out of office, especially the Liberals.
Or more likely think of how it could have been spent by private business by giving it's CEO an unearned bonus... There are always better ways to spend money and a million opinions of what they would be.
Just couldn't let a ridiculously unlikely assertion like that go...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Good Thunder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanning Jun 20 Drift45 1
News Mankato, Minn. / Conjoined twins' dad back in jail (Apr '07) Mar '17 MNPOSSUM 79
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News Minnesota House votes to halt seat-belt stops (May '11) May '11 Arch on larch 51
News Cornish's self-defense bill under fire (May '11) May '11 Jabber 3
News Deadly force bill gaining traction in Minnesota... (Apr '11) May '11 Rice Streeter 80
News Sheriffs denounce bill to put prisoners in loca... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Ohio Wrangler 1

Good Thunder Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Good Thunder Mortgages