Teen stabbed to death in downtown San...

Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee

There are 148 comments on the North County Times story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee. In it, North County Times reports that:

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Gang confrontations on a main thoroughfare running through downtown Santa Barbara escalated into a violent melee involving baseball bat- and broken bottle-wielding teens that left a high ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Honesty is the best policy”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#168 May 18, 2010
805sbg wrote:
<quoted text>
yes u r wron santa barbara Es gand and wS gang are only mexicans no other race i was from the es i kno for a fact

#169 Jun 25, 2010
WesT sIdE LoKoTeS sB*3 f**k the rest

Santa Barbara, CA

#170 Jul 3, 2010
If you have the chance to meet some of this kids that get in trouble, you would understand that many of them are rejected in the schools since they were in preschool, their parents are sometimes ignorant of the situations. Other parents have their own problems and are not able to guide and protect their children. Usually this children look for people that protect them specially when they reach their puberty. Many times they experience depression and anxiety, and they find in their new friends a place where they can belong. Unfortunately the drug problem would just contribute to numb their feelings and loose their empathy for others. Then if they were neglected and rejected when they were young,the society that surrounds them will pay for it. But if you understand the situation and show respect for their lives, chances are that they will respect you too. It is not right what they do, and they know that, but we can offer ways to bring them back where they feel worth it.
millie arana

Goleta, CA

#171 Oct 14, 2011
los muchachos nesesitan atencion no descriminacion y mucho amor y comprension!!! en ves de jusgarlos escuchemoslos es todo lo que quieren ser escuchados no jusgados y horar a Dios por sus vidas no somos nadie para jusgarlos somos tan iguales de pecadores que ellos y peca mas el que jusga que el que mata amemoslos y compadescamonos de ellos.

Eureka, CA

#172 Feb 9, 2012
Hold up! Hold up!
No this is not a hold up. but we all need to be careful not to be caught up in a heated moment:
was he convicted by the word of a criminal who had something to gain by lying?
John Thompson spent 18 years in prison — 14 years of that on death row — for crimes he did not commit. Facing his seventh execution date, a private investigator discovered that scientific evidence of his innocence had been knowingly concealed by the New Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office. Think about that for a moment: While a man’s life hung in the balance, an agency meant to pursue only justice withheld evidence it knew could prove his innocence
tell us what you think..
Andre Kliskowz

Santa Barbara, CA

#173 Jan 31, 2013
ShANK-East Side Traviesos wrote:
Look, I am also a white guy from Montecito. I had enough of my parents not talking to me so, I went to SB one day and I saw people that looked like they were family. Next thing I know I am jumped in. It's funny how whites always say that if Mexicans didn't cross the border there wouldn't be a gang problem. HELLO? White supremist gang... How about the KKK that's probobly one of the oldest gAngs out there and mostly all of them were white. Come on guys show a little respect for us, try living one day like us you'd probobly get shanked right away.
It's apparent that this person has no life, along with the rest of the younger youth in this town, their either addicted too two things meth or heroin. Sad, sad, sad. but in this young mans case he just so happens too be involved in a gang.. which is extremely mind boggling as too why you'd even want too be apart of something that's a down right disgrace too society. I'm glad i moved back too the east coast, cause it's a serious shame too see such a beautiful town go too waste because of the amount of ignorant gang activity.

Sonoma, CA

#174 Jan 31, 2013
was everbody armed this would go down better. this fix econmiy and fix everbody will act straight. no more laws. join tea

Cypress, CA

#175 Apr 23, 2015
be mature wrote:
All you need to get a life learn about this more. Im way younger then all you that probably wrote this crap and i understand more..
Yes gangs are the worst hobby there can be and yes they are mostly all mexicans like some of you say im mexican so i have a right to say it is true im not trying to judge my own people or anything i just like saying the truth soo all you lil wannabes just stop pretending its not true that most of the gang kids are mexican ok.
well for my opinion i've never been a=in any gang thing im a prepy girl soo i would never be that i dont like hanging out with guys that are gang bangers cause they just want trouble you lil girls that think your that shit for dating one your an idiot all gangsters have like 2 girlfriends at the same time cause they think there better then everyone when there really not and never will be you guys are lame and you waist your time on stupid fights and talking, making trouble with everyone and dont try to say it aint true after i post this all you know its true i have friends that arent gang bangers anymore and thats the reason they got out its a waist of LIFE..
Anyways what you guys had to write about was about the stabbing in SB not stupid shit like this..!!!
I think Ricky is getting a fair tial im glad they finally did something correct in life, kids theses day are more alert at a younger age and you know that killing is bad and everything soo he knew what could of happened to him yes the other kid that got killed should of got a punichmint for whatever he said but he didnt deserve to die dontcha all think?? seriously??
soo now ricky is paying for what he did and its right i wouldnt want to go to school with a killer tell mee if you would or it you would send your kids whoever is older thats actually ready this??
Rest in peace Chunky..:) i bet your missed by a alot speacially your family and im sorry!
Well rickys most if your reading this or any family member i am sorry that he's locked up but not to sorry because he does need that lesson in life for doing what he did.. i hope he gets out soon and i wish he would stop doing all that gang thing and tell his friends the same soo you mom or dad tell him that is he really didnt deserve to be in jail for killing then he should be tellin his friend/family whatever to stop being into all the gang things!!
Well peace and good luck Ricky..
So how many gangs are there in Goleta ? I'm from Oxnard aka CHIQUES and I'm not too familiar with the gangs up there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goleta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Barry Semler (Jul '13) Nov 20 1234abc 2
News Regency Lighting Helps CKE Restaurants Take the... (Oct '08) Nov 12 Jelly 3
News Coyote Scaring Kids at La Mesa Park Oct '15 tellinitlikeitis 2
News Teen found guilty of mom's murder (Jan '07) Oct '15 tellinitlikeitis 6
News Unsolved murder in Los Olivos linked to major C... (Nov '07) Oct '15 tellinitlikeitis 2
News Homeless Shelters Receive $345,000 (Aug '14) Oct '15 unknown 4
Cougar Dating in California (Mar '15) Oct '15 The Truth Hurts 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Goleta Mortgages