Teen stabbed to death in downtown San...

Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee

There are 148 comments on the North County Times story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee. In it, North County Times reports that:

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Gang confrontations on a main thoroughfare running through downtown Santa Barbara escalated into a violent melee involving baseball bat- and broken bottle-wielding teens that left a high ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

Carl

Santa Barbara, CA

#145 Nov 18, 2008
I am new to the area and am amazed at the amount of unusual behavior tolerated by police here. All you really see, is them cruising around in their black SUV's; and seldom if ever do you see them talking to gang members. If you think the Santa Barbara gang thing is about young kids, I think you are wrong. The continued toleration of older gang members, running their drugs and scams; makes me want to puke. I think we should make it possible for people to complain without themselves being harassed by the very people who are sworn to serve and protect.
I am surprised our officers tend to follow directions and do little to make gangs uncomfortable. Folks, and I mean everyone, the problem is way out of control. I have seen innocent grown adults get involved and they are in my opinion slaves to the trade. Lets stop this madness. Lets take back Santa Barbara and rule out and kick out all gangs and affiliates.
Tappy

Penn Valley, CA

#146 Nov 18, 2008
Part of the problem is just the number of kids people have. If you have 6 kids odds are you aren't paying enough attention to 4 of them... thus we get 4 more gang bangers. I don't care if you are mexican, a white mormon or a black dwarf... stop having so many damn kids unless you have lots of extra time to raise them right.
gangs suck

Fairfax, VA

#147 Jan 24, 2009
Connected wrote:
<quoted text>
This sight really needs spell check. Did your read what you just wrote? STAY IN SCHOOL PEOPLE. I'm not stereotyping Latinos, they did it to them selves. I work in Santa Ana which has a high population of Latinos. Bang bangers are killing each other every day here. The trash and disrespect for the own community is overwhelming. I watch these people walk down the street spitting gum and dropping trash on the sidewalks. Baby dippers lying around are a common sight here. I just don't see that sort of crap in my neighborhood. No respect. The Latinos I work with are a whole different breed. You want to know why? Education!!!! Goals for them selves. They are great people. One of my best friends and co-worker is 100% Mexican. Both of his parents immigrated the. Can’t tell you how often he puts down Mexicans. He is referring the ignorant, uneducated, lazy, and useless Mexican that give all Latino a bad rap.
There is also a lot of white trash as well. I can’t stand them either. Get the point? It’s all about education.
You spelled "Site" wrong. Just letting you know.
gangs suck

Fairfax, VA

#148 Jan 24, 2009
RUNNINCREW wrote:
IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE WRITING GOING ON HERE IT TELL ALOT ABOUT THE SCHOOLS IN SANTA BARBARA. NO ONE CAN SPELL. SAD,SAD, SAD
You are in no position to judge someone's spelling/grammar. First, you type in all caps. Second, your sentences don't have a subject and predicate. Third, you need a comma after "here".
quiET onE

Santa Barbara, CA

#150 Feb 6, 2009
Talk Shit Homie N amma Find You! We R tired of playing games.
805sbg

Buellton, CA

#151 Feb 13, 2009
alex wrote:
<quoted text> your wrong not all the kids invoved in those ganges are mexican dont be so steriatipical
yes u r wron santa barbara Es gand and wS gang are only mexicans no other race i was from the es i kno for a fact
celeste

Allentown, PA

#152 Apr 16, 2009
wowowowow i new a person that died because a gang and gangs need to STOP i mean it alot omg they need to stop i cant stand it no more like grandfather died of a gang i mizz him soo bad....wow i miss you alot omg rip ricky i miss u alot..
ShANK-East Side Traviesos

Goleta, CA

#153 Apr 27, 2009
Look, I am also a white guy from Montecito. I had enough of my parents not talking to me so, I went to SB one day and I saw people that looked like they were family. Next thing I know I am jumped in. It's funny how whites always say that if Mexicans didn't cross the border there wouldn't be a gang problem. HELLO? White supremist gang... How about the KKK that's probobly one of the oldest gAngs out there and mostly all of them were white. Come on guys show a little respect for us, try living one day like us you'd probobly get shanked right away.

ShAnK - EAST SIDE TRAViESOS out.
Mrs Ashby

United States

#154 Apr 30, 2009
Connected wrote:
<quoted text>
This sight really needs spell check. Did your read what you just wrote? STAY IN SCHOOL PEOPLE. I'm not stereotyping Latinos, they did it to them selves. I work in Santa Ana which has a high population of Latinos. Bang bangers are killing each other every day here. The trash and disrespect for the own community is overwhelming. I watch these people walk down the street spitting gum and dropping trash on the sidewalks. Baby dippers lying around are a common sight here. I just don't see that sort of crap in my neighborhood. No respect. The Latinos I work with are a whole different breed. You want to know why? Education!!!! Goals for them selves. They are great people. One of my best friends and co-worker is 100% Mexican. Both of his parents immigrated the. Can’t tell you how often he puts down Mexicans. He is referring the ignorant, uneducated, lazy, and useless Mexican that give all Latino a bad rap.
There is also a lot of white trash as well. I can’t stand them either. Get the point? It’s all about education.
It's not bang bangers, it's gang bangers..
It's not dippers, it's diapers...
It's not them selves, it's themselves (one word).
And I think you meant 'immigrated here', not "immigrated the."
And I hope you meant 'referring TO the ignorant', and not "referring the ignorant".
There are many more flaws I could point out in your paragraph but I am not here to do that, I just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine! Don't worry about my education if I spelt something wrong either, I am a pre med student and I think I'll be just fine in life, HOMIE!
Give people a break we are on the internet and that's just how it goes..your pretty much getting off the subject, and we all know there is only one person who can judge. Check yourself!!!
Mrs Ashby

United States

#155 Apr 30, 2009
I love all races.
We are all brothers and sisters in God's eyes and we all have issues! No one talking on here is perfect nor are they close to it!Much love to all, God Bless!
SBOG

United States

#156 May 30, 2009
I grew up in sb and was a member of an east side gang I decided to move out because I was tire of living the life I was living in and out of jail cops showing up to the house every month or so I got tire of all that bullshit I have two kids and a beautiful wife that went through those rough times with me and supported me all the way during good times and rough times anyways I didn't want that life for me or my family anymore so I moved out of the state now I live in a nice area and bought a real nice house have a good job and my kids and wife are happy and that's what is all about I made the best decision in my life sb is just drama wouldn't go back even if affordable
slick

Malibu, CA

#157 Jun 30, 2009
its funny how all you see are mexicans in these gangs! go back and screw up your own country
805dan

Goleta, CA

#158 Sep 1, 2009
"connected"...you're a douche!

Did I spell that right?
Have to laugh

San Mateo, CA

#159 Nov 2, 2009
I sit here, reading all the comments and I have to laugh.

I grew up in Santa Barbara, on the east side. I ran with ESL for years. Its not about how we grew up, because I grew up with money, in a good home. Its about friends, and family, and having a place to belong.

You white people from places like salt lake city, and Allentown PA, you have no clue what its like. SB is a pit, you are rich, or you are poor, there is no middle class. Even the rich kids get caught up in gangs because if you don't, you end up a victim of one.

And for the record, I am white...not that it matters. I got out of the gang scene back in the early 90's and got back in school with the help of good officers in both the SBPD and SB county sheriff. I look back now on that time in my life like it was another person...

but not one of you has the right to judge the kids, and adults that end up gangs, not a single one of you, unless you have walked in their shoes.
G BOY

Santa Barbara, CA

#160 Nov 4, 2009
GOLETA PJ'S WAS UP
G BOY

Santa Barbara, CA

#161 Nov 4, 2009
vGPx3 OLD TOWN
Bill

United States

#162 Jan 2, 2010
To say it's not there fault is to say they are no more than animals that are only capable of doing what is natural to there existence. That's folly. These young people know what thier doing very well. They choose to do it and they are resposible for thier own actions. We as a society have a resposibility to provide a safe and peaceful enviroment for those who CHOOSE to live peacefully. Those that don't; CHOOSE thier own fate. Justice is Just. Put them in solitary for 90 days and we will see thier attitude change. No tv, internet, mobile's, no contact with anyone. Just absolute quiet and the BNOL (basic neccessity's of life)food, water, shelter, and sleep for 90 days.
SUR 13 POR VIDA

United States

#165 Apr 7, 2010
see is ppl like u that is 1 of tha reasons that ther is gangs bcuz of u racist fu**s
SUR 13 POR VIDA

United States

#166 Apr 7, 2010
im not tryin to insult u but if he just wants to ruin his life leave him he will learn on his own so why waste your time your nobody to tell him he is a loser.....
colts

Beverly Hills, CA

#167 May 15, 2010
Connected wrote:
Not should be capitalized. It's people, not peopel and dumb, not dume and you, not u.
You can't be telling others how to spell because in every one of your replies you have misspelled more than three word. You also need to check your grammar because in the last one you fucked up a ton. Most of your commas aren't needed. Also, most of the immigrants that come over are extremely nice, their children that are born in the U.S. are the ones who become gang bangers and have no respect because their parents are working their ass off for their children. so its the mexican-americans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goleta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wendy Wendt Wood of Santa Barbara, 1946-2016 Jul 28 katybirdhudson 1
Trump Troop Meets on Butterfly Jul 26 Penelope773 1
356 Homeless Hidden in 'Cito Jul '16 Stoo Bedasshough 1
News The Latest: Most fire evacuations lifted near S... Jun '16 katybirdhudson 1
City Bans Beloved Parking Garage Guitarist Jun '16 israel suckz 2
NO! To Imported Homeless in Village Jun '16 israel suckz 4
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May '16 damndude 85

Goleta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Goleta Mortgages