Teen stabbed to death in downtown San...

Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee

There are 148 comments on the North County Times story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Teen stabbed to death in downtown Santa Barbara gang melee. In it, North County Times reports that:

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Gang confrontations on a main thoroughfare running through downtown Santa Barbara escalated into a violent melee involving baseball bat- and broken bottle-wielding teens that left a high ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
marc

Santa Barbara, CA

#1 Mar 15, 2007
These kids are just products of their enviroments. Both parents working to try and make a decent living in Santa Barbara is hard, while the kids dont have enough places of recreation. This city has a lot of dark secrets and it is paradise, but lets face reality. These kids have been are stuck in a society that does not accept them here or in Mexico. Its sad, but not completly their fault.

Since: Jan 07

Morgan, Utah

#2 Mar 16, 2007
marc wrote:
These kids are just products of their enviroments. Both parents working to try and make a decent living in Santa Barbara is hard, while the kids dont have enough places of recreation. This city has a lot of dark secrets and it is paradise, but lets face reality. These kids have been are stuck in a society that does not accept them here or in Mexico. Its sad, but not completly their fault.
I think they need to realize that they don't need to give into the pressure of becoming gang members. Maybe it takes the power of one to set a trend.
alex

Palm Desert, CA

#3 Mar 25, 2007
marc wrote:
your wrong not all the kids invoved in those ganges are mexican dont be so steriatipical
pancho via

Goleta, CA

#4 Apr 1, 2007
these kids should not be into gana members cause then its hard to get out i use to have a kid but hes dead it hurts me see kids in to gangs cant there be a peace we should all smoke weed so there could be peace and the kids thatr are in to gangs plz dont go into gangs dont let the big ones trick you should be the ones to control every thing so you wont get in trouble just smoke 100 blunts so you could past out and not wake up for a long time and give your moms brownies so they could be high and they wont yell at you they will join maybe your dad will smoke blunts with you cause some dads smoke weed to so good bye faire well my people

Morgan, Utah

#5 Apr 3, 2007
pancho via wrote:
these kids should not be into gana members cause then its hard to get out i use to have a kid but hes dead it hurts me see kids in to gangs cant there be a peace we should all smoke weed so there could be peace and the kids thatr are in to gangs plz dont go into gangs dont let the big ones trick you should be the ones to control every thing so you wont get in trouble just smoke 100 blunts so you could past out and not wake up for a long time and give your moms brownies so they could be high and they wont yell at you they will join maybe your dad will smoke blunts with you cause some dads smoke weed to so good bye faire well my people
So I take it that you are saying that the answer to peer pressure and other problems, is smoking pot??? It should go without saying that this is very BAD advice. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think if these kids want to become a useful part of society, being in a gang is not going to make it happen---and neither will drug use.
ayayaya

Goleta, CA

#6 Apr 24, 2007
The obvious solution to latino gangs is less latinos. No mexicans = no problems
Blacks

Carpinteria, CA

#7 Apr 25, 2007
ayayaya wrote:
This is not true u lame
Dont Trip

Santa Barbara, CA

#8 May 6, 2007
Forget that!!!Look around all you see are latinos!!!We make the world spin!!!Forget those Queseros!!!Puro Wicked West

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#10 May 8, 2007
I live in South Orange County and work in Santa Ana. Lot's of gang crap here. Seems every day I read about these macho gang banger killing each other. I say good, thats less of them on the street.
coffee lover

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 May 10, 2007
ayayaya wrote:

ur racist california was once mexico so they have the right to be here! go back to ur homeland cuz we're in ours

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#12 May 11, 2007
coffee lover wrote:
<quoted text>
ur racist california was once mexico so they have the right to be here! go back to ur homeland cuz we're in ours
Mexico sold California to the United States. Those that have a right to be here are those that are here legally. Those that sneak across the boarder and commit crimes like these gang bangers do not have a right to be here.
East Side Gang Member

Santa Barbara, CA

#13 May 11, 2007
WHO EVER U ARE "CONNECTED" WHO DO U THINK U ARE
SO WHAT IF PEOPLE IN GANGS WHY DO U CARE
U WON'T BE ABLE TO SURVIVE IN OUR KIND OF LIFE
AND JUST BECAUSE US BOUGHT WHAT WAS MEXICO
DOESN'T MEAN WERE CRIMINALS
U CROSSED OVER HERE TOO
WE WERE ALREADY HERE
SO CHECK URE SELF HOMIE

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#14 May 11, 2007
East Side Gang Member wrote:
WHO EVER U ARE "CONNECTED" WHO DO U THINK U ARE
SO WHAT IF PEOPLE IN GANGS WHY DO U CARE
U WON'T BE ABLE TO SURVIVE IN OUR KIND OF LIFE
AND JUST BECAUSE US BOUGHT WHAT WAS MEXICO
DOESN'T MEAN WERE CRIMINALS
U CROSSED OVER HERE TOO
WE WERE ALREADY HERE
SO CHECK URE SELF HOMIE
You need an education. You gang bang because you need to feel like you belong and have something to prove. With education comes wisdom, knowledge, respect, and the ability to make what you want of your life. The way you are heading you will just wind up in jail costing us tax payers even more than we pay now. You are a loser and will always be a loser if you don’t pull it together and make something of your life.
East Side Gang Member

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 May 11, 2007
Connected wrote:
<quoted text>
You need an education. You gang bang because you need to feel like you belong and have something to prove. With education comes wisdom, knowledge, respect, and the ability to make what you want of your life. The way you are heading you will just wind up in jail costing us tax payers even more than we pay now. You are a loser and will always be a loser if you don’t pull it together and make something of your life.
DANG HOMIE
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO WORK FOR THINGS IN MY LIFE
IM NOT LIKE U PEOPLE THAT HAVE EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM
EDUCATION AND EVERYTHING AINT GOING TO PAY THE BILLS
WORK IS
ALL I SEE IN EDUCATION IS A PIECE OF PAPER SAYING THAT U HAVE WAISTED URE LIFE ON SCHOOL
AND ME HEADING TO JAIL AND ALL THAT
WELL U KNOW WHAT EVERYONE GOES TO JAIL ATLEAST ONCES IN THERE LIFE

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#16 May 14, 2007
East Side Gang Member wrote:
<quoted text>
DANG HOMIE
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO WORK FOR THINGS IN MY LIFE
IM NOT LIKE U PEOPLE THAT HAVE EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM
EDUCATION AND EVERYTHING AINT GOING TO PAY THE BILLS
WORK IS
ALL I SEE IN EDUCATION IS A PIECE OF PAPER SAYING THAT U HAVE WAISTED URE LIFE ON SCHOOL
AND ME HEADING TO JAIL AND ALL THAT
WELL U KNOW WHAT EVERYONE GOES TO JAIL ATLEAST ONCES IN THERE LIFE
For your information, HOMIE, I have had nothing handed to me. I work my ass off for what I have. As for school, High School grad and some Collage. That's all. I don't waste my time with a bunch of low life, ignorant, uneducated gang bangers. With that kind of thinking you will never get anywhere in life.(Except for an early grave)
latina

Carpinteria, CA

#17 May 18, 2007
i think your wrong connected because gangsters are not all immigrants or latinos theres is a gang for every race..so you need to think about what you say before you say it. adn you never know why a gangster joins a gang yeah its not the solution but u never know what they have been through in their life. and not all mexicans are that way you insult some lationos because thats just stereotyping..so go educate yourself before trying to educate other people...

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#18 May 18, 2007
latina wrote:
i think your wrong connected because gangsters are not all immigrants or latinos theres is a gang for every race..so you need to think about what you say before you say it. adn you never know why a gangster joins a gang yeah its not the solution but u never know what they have been through in their life. and not all mexicans are that way you insult some lationos because thats just stereotyping..so go educate yourself before trying to educate other people...
This sight really needs spell check. Did your read what you just wrote? STAY IN SCHOOL PEOPLE. I'm not stereotyping Latinos, they did it to them selves. I work in Santa Ana which has a high population of Latinos. Bang bangers are killing each other every day here. The trash and disrespect for the own community is overwhelming. I watch these people walk down the street spitting gum and dropping trash on the sidewalks. Baby dippers lying around are a common sight here. I just don't see that sort of crap in my neighborhood. No respect. The Latinos I work with are a whole different breed. You want to know why? Education!!!! Goals for them selves. They are great people. One of my best friends and co-worker is 100% Mexican. Both of his parents immigrated the. Can’t tell you how often he puts down Mexicans. He is referring the ignorant, uneducated, lazy, and useless Mexican that give all Latino a bad rap.

There is also a lot of white trash as well. I can’t stand them either. Get the point? It’s all about education.
sexy

Carpinteria, CA

#19 May 18, 2007
not all gang peopel are dume u see peopel that have a life that is hard.

“Do clowns taste funny?”

Mission Viejo

#20 May 18, 2007
Not should be capitalized. It's people, not peopel and dumb, not dume and you, not u.
sexy

Santa Barbara, CA

#21 May 18, 2007
I spell how i what to spell ok dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goleta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wendy Wendt Wood of Santa Barbara, 1946-2016 Jul 28 katybirdhudson 1
Trump Troop Meets on Butterfly Jul 26 Penelope773 1
356 Homeless Hidden in 'Cito Jul '16 Stoo Bedasshough 1
News The Latest: Most fire evacuations lifted near S... Jun '16 katybirdhudson 1
City Bans Beloved Parking Garage Guitarist Jun '16 israel suckz 2
NO! To Imported Homeless in Village Jun '16 israel suckz 4
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May '16 damndude 85

Goleta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Goleta Mortgages