City of Goleta Sets Open House to Rev...

City of Goleta Sets Open House to Review Highway 101 Overcrossing Project

There are 3 comments on the Noozhawk story from Jan 29, 2010, titled City of Goleta Sets Open House to Review Highway 101 Overcrossing Project. In it, Noozhawk reports that:

The city of Goleta will host a community open house from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 10 at Brandon Elementary School , 195 Brandon Drive in Goleta, to discuss potential alignments for a new Highway 101 Overcrossing Project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Noozhawk.

Tuolumne Drive Home Owner

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2010
So is this overpass for cars too or not. Hard to tell from the documentation from edhat when compared to the Goleta City site. Looks like ALTERNATIVE C5 would just kill house values along Tuolumne Drive and around the area. Why would anyone want to look at a huge "overcrossing" above their back yard, even worse if it actually is an overpass for cars. The picture of the proposed solutions leads me to believe that it is for cars too given that alternative A4 and A6 seem to empty out right in the middle of calle real.
San Rossano Dr Home Owner

Ventura, CA

#2 Feb 1, 2010
There goes the quietness and safeness on my street! We already have enough car accidents on Calle Real and enough speeders, seriously there goes the neighborhood!
City of Goleta

Aiea, HI

#3 Feb 5, 2010
I apologize for any confusion; this overcrossing will carry cars too. It is not expected to result in much of a traffic increase in the residential neighborhoods, because it will just provide an alternative to Storke for those residents. The process that the City has to go through requires us to study three alternatives in greater depth.
We have lots to share at the Open House, so I hope to see you there. Many of your questions can be answered.-

Rosemarie Gaglione, PE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goleta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Most fire evacuations lifted near S... Jun 23 katybirdhudson 1
City Bans Beloved Parking Garage Guitarist Jun 10 israel suckz 2
NO! To Imported Homeless in Village Jun 10 israel suckz 4
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May 27 damndude 85
News Menelli Trading Company Begins 'Meet the Artist... May '16 Miles Carroll 1
News The Latest: Company faces felonies in Californi... May '16 Leann 1
News By Katy Murphy, [email protected] May '16 Janet 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Goleta Mortgages