Locals Fight Energy Measure

Locals Fight Energy Measure

There are 3 comments on the The Daily Nexus story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Locals Fight Energy Measure. In it, The Daily Nexus reports that:

Dozens of UCSB students and community members convened at Pardall Tunnel last Friday to protest Prop 23.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Nexus.

LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#1 Oct 11, 2010
"While the California Jobs Initiative ó which advocates Prop 23 ó said the bill will supply jobs in the oil industry, opponents of the proposition speculate the bill will eliminate 500,000 jobs in the green energy industry."

And the oil and coal industries are starting to run scared and invent 'roadblocks' designed to maintain their edge. They will lose though they can do a lot of damage in the fight.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2 Oct 12, 2010
The damage will be from you guys wreaking the economy if you ever get your way. But it increasingly looks like you won't. I'm not celebrating yet, but I have my hopes.
LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#3 Oct 13, 2010
http://blog.amat.com/Applied-Materials-NO-Pro...
"While the implementation of policies under AB 32 is still being carefully crafted, AB 32 has been the catalyst for the creation of more than 500,000 jobs and 12,000 businesses which have attracted more than $10 billion in venture capital -- five times more than any other state. California has quickly become the leader in solar energy development and is, according to the Wall Street Journal, home to seven of the top 10 clean tech companies and three of the five best cities for clean tech job creation. In this period of time, Applied Materials has built a billion dollar energy and environmental solutions business, employing hundreds of people here in California and many other locations around the world."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goleta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California's wildfire reality needs this new plan 4 hr ChrisM 1
Mud slide was part of Godís plan May 8 Spread the fungus 12
Advice For LBGT Group May 8 Pack the poop 2
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May 1 infact 106
News Discovery Requests Push iV Menus Owner's Rape H... Apr 25 CINDYGALLY 1
News Santa Barbara Unified District May Become Basic... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Bill Urbany 1
News With Wind, Heat in Forecast, Crews Scramble to ... (Jul '17) Sep '17 tellinitlikeitis 4

Goleta Jobs

Personal Finance

Goleta Mortgages