Feds descend on Cherry Hospital - Raleigh (NC) News & Observer

Aug 27, 2008 Full story: NC Mental Hope News 6

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 Feds descend on Cherry Hospital - Raleigh News & Observer Michael Biesecker and Lynn Bonner RALEIGH - A large team of federal regulators arrived at Cherry Hospital on Tuesday to ...

Full Story
CJL

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 6, 2008
What happen to the oath of doing no harm to the patient. As a Psychiatric Nurse, i cannot see any justification for the neglect and malpractice that occurred to this patient in the care of Cherry Hospital. Some family trusted them enough to care for this patient and he leaves their hospital dead. How can the nurses justify why they did not do an assessment on him at the beginning of her shift, provide him with his meals and make sure that his ADLs were complete on a timely manner. Did anyone go and get his vital signs as required per each shift? How can they justify not asking him if he needed any help with his meals, if he wanted something to drink or just go by and sit beside him to let him express his feelings for that day. If he didnot talk to anyone why not just sit beside him to let him know you cared about him and wanted to establish a rapport with him. This is the theraputic role of the psych nurse. There is no justification in my eyes for this man to be ignored for 22 hrs while the staff sat close and ignored him. Did anyone noticed a change in his color esp the lips as he began to lean over??? No i suppose not for nobody was doing the job that they pledged to do when they received their license. My heart goes out to the family of this man but also to the patient the day he sat dying amoung the health care providers with not one of them attempting to help him. They should all be charged with neglect, fired and never be allowed to work in the health care environment of another patient. Instead they are reasigned and providing more training. What a slap in the face of this family. May the family pursue legal assistants and be rewarded by the state for such a terrible death of their loved one. May i never have a family member in the care of anyone that would provide such inadequate care.
CJ
gistroud

Tampere, Finland

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Those nurses and health care technicians were very cold and cruel for what they did to him. Where were the doctors? People go to hospitals for help not to be neglected and killed.
PATSY

Goldsboro, NC

#3 Nov 24, 2008
The head honcho should be fired He is the captain of the ship
Ray

Zebulon, NC

#4 Feb 16, 2010
I have a family member being treated at Cherry. I have been there to visit. The staff there has their own issues. The place is under lock and key 24/7. No cameras or cell phones allowed in the building. Visitors never get to see how patients are being cared for or not cared for on the wards. A place operating in the shadows like this is the perfect storm for a disaster to happen.
With regard for the poor patient who choked to death there; tightening/constriction of the throat muscles is a side affect of several high potency anti psychotic drugs given to patients there. What happened to him could have been related to over medication or maybe just a freak occurrence. The way the staff conceal treatment and give vague answers, the truth may never be known.
For anyone with a loved one there; I say pay attention to the direction that your loved one’s condition is taking. SOP there seems to be to drug the patients into submission and keep them under control. I am not encouraged that the staff is actually trying to help the patient recover from their illness. Don’t fear questioning how your loved one is being treated. Make enough noise and you may get the staff’s attention. Do not be afraid to go over the head of anyone you deem incompetent, that may include going outside of the “treatment team” for help.
I am sure there are people there who care, but the reputation of Cherry Hospital is so bad; you must assume there are many staff there who just came to get paid and earn a retirement.
Todd

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2012
Ray wrote:
I have a family member being treated at Cherry. I have been there to visit. The staff there has their own issues. The place is under lock and key 24/7. No cameras or cell phones allowed in the building. Visitors never get to see how patients are being cared for or not cared for on the wards. A place operating in the shadows like this is the perfect storm for a disaster to happen.
With regard for the poor patient who choked to death there; tightening/constriction of the throat muscles is a side affect of several high potency anti psychotic drugs given to patients there. What happened to him could have been related to over medication or maybe just a freak occurrence. The way the staff conceal treatment and give vague answers, the truth may never be known.
For anyone with a loved one there; I say pay attention to the direction that your loved one’s condition is taking. SOP there seems to be to drug the patients into submission and keep them under control. I am not encouraged that the staff is actually trying to help the patient recover from their illness. Don’t fear questioning how your loved one is being treated. Make enough noise and you may get the staff’s attention. Do not be afraid to go over the head of anyone you deem incompetent, that may include going outside of the “treatment team” for help.
I am sure there are people there who care, but the reputation of Cherry Hospital is so bad; you must assume there are many staff there who just came to get paid and earn a retirement.
Hello sir I would like to speak with you, more this Hospital
cherry

London, KY

#6 Nov 11, 2013
people sleep on the job and they do nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking Dec 13 KeithWoodard 1
Review: Ready Mixed Concrete (Jul '13) Dec 3 Wally West 2
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Goldsboro, NC (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 6
Locating friend. (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 4
Airman to face charges in rapes (Jul '13) Nov '14 Just Saying 3
doggy daycare for Goldsboro? Nov '14 brianna07 2
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Sep '14 jazzyslim 108
Goldsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goldsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goldsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:01 am PST

NBC Sports10:01AM
Panthers' Newton practicing 8 days after crash - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:21 AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
NBC Sports11:37 AM
Panthers playing wait-and-see with Cam Newton
Yahoo! Sports12:11 PM
Cam Newton a surprise performer in Panthers practice
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Redskins have been this bad since the 1960s