waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41341 Aug 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>That's the pot calling the kettle black!
The black kettle promotes the pot.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41342 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Well duh! If the private school teachers aren't even required to finish high school themselves? You have to be kidding.
<quoted text>
So on one hand you claim Voter ID laws aren't needed because there's no "proof" of voter fraud and on the other you claim private school teachers aren't qualified because they don't have to show "proof" of their credentials. Sounds like a contradiction to me!

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#41343 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Math lesson: A public school teacher has four 90 minute classes per day and there are 30 students in each class. Assuming no interruptions such as office announcements, pronouncements, assemblies, standardized test, etc., how much time does the teacher have for attention to an individual student?(assume no time lost moving between students and all students getting equal time)?

Answer: 360 minutes/ 120 students= 3 minutes /student/day

What the hell, she cant teach them in 3 minutes. Obviously a bad teacher.
You don't need a lot of time to teach or motivate individuals. Proof of that can be found in many places in history. General Patton did quite a bit of motivation in a very short speech.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#41344 Aug 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Therein lies the problem with your question, the teacher isn't teaching to each individual student seperatly but rather to each individual student independently as a group/class. If he/she met with each student individually then your answer would be correct but the last time I checked, the teacher teaches to each individual student as a group/class, so the correct answer, without any interruptions, would be 360 mins or 6 hrs.(Even if you factor in that some students may need extra attention, there are also those who pick it up on the first lesson so they cancel each other out.)
Now you take those 6 hrs a day and multiply by 180 (the number of days in an average school year) and we'll find the teacher has 1,080 hrs to teach any said subject. Now if he/she can't get the job done in 1,080 hrs, regardless of class size, then yes, they are a bad teacher!
Pro, don't forget that today's teachers are teaching from a preset curriculum.

Children today will be good fund raisers, test takers and participants in life. Few leaders are being

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#41345 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. What you are saying about your kids school is fantastic. So I checked. Here is what I know so far: 1. The tuition for my two high school students would be $13,640 EACH or a total of $27,280 per year. 2. Obviously, I will have to buy their books, supplies and lunch. 3. They have listed 18 administrators and 22 teachers so they are just barley under public schools in their top heavy administration percentage 4. They do not list courses available other than music, art, theater, French and Spanish. apparently, advanced classes are only offered "online"which can be done at home 5. The evaluating organization ERB that you mentioned is a paid membership organization.( You pay them to give you an evaluation. I guess the more Gaston Days them, the better your evaluation) 6. Gaston Day is 68 miles from my home , so I would be driving 136 miles per day for say 180 days or 24480 miles per year or at .$50 per mile would be $12,240 per year).(about 2 1/2 hours driving per day. 7 The faculty is listed, but their academic credentials are not listed. If I were running such a fantastic school with such qualified teachers, I would proudly list their academic qualifications. If I were running such a fantastic school, I would also list the course selection available.
8 . I notice that a requirement for students is that they must display exemplary conduct . That tells me that there are no rapist, armed robbers, or even murderers sent there by the courts and that the disruptive students who would bring down learning and test score averages are not even there to be figured into the "average"

So lets see here:$27280 tuition +$12240 transportation + books + supplies + miscellaneous= more than $40,000 per year. So the state will give Gaston Day $4500 per student,(If my kids qualify) so I still end up paying over $30,000 per year for my kids to attend Gaston Day and they will be taking "online courses" for advanced subjects?.
Sounds like a very wise investment. After all what $$ amount would you put on the future of your children.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41346 Aug 2, 2013
The only reason I oppose the voter ID bill is that it wastes money addressing a non problem. I think I must be qualified to do brain surgery. Since I don't need credentials, I will do your first surgery at a d10% discount.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So on one hand you claim Voter ID laws aren't needed because there's no "proof" of voter fraud and on the other you claim private school teachers aren't qualified because they don't have to show "proof" of their credentials. Sounds like a contradiction to me!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41347 Aug 2, 2013
You turd. She is a single mother because the husband was taken in an accident.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Had your govt school taught that single mother to keep her legs closed, focus on her education, to choose a career path to where she possesses the skill set to excel,(and no, prostitution is not an acceptable career path), and to not even think about starting a family until she was mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come along with children, she wouldn't be in that predicament!
But then again, that's part of the liberal agenda being taught by govt schools! Live liberal and free and rely on others, mainly the govt/taxpayers, for your every need!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41348 Aug 2, 2013
So you think spending $30,000 + to a private school for my kids to take online courses that I can get at home for $300 is a wise investment? Sounds like you may have attended one of those fantastic schools yourself..
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a very wise investment. After all what $$ amount would you put on the future of your children.
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41349 Aug 2, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Our children promote rap music and sex education.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41350 Aug 2, 2013
Putting a focus on core curriculum is one of the few things republican Governor McCorey is doing that I agree with. The other brilliant thing he says he will do is to eliminate the senseless, useless and needless waste of time having students taking non diagnostic state tests .
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, don't forget that today's teachers are teaching from a preset curriculum.
Children today will be good fund raisers, test takers and participants in life. Few leaders are being
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41351 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Putting a focus on core curriculum is one of the few things republican Governor McCorey is doing that I agree with. The other brilliant thing he says he will do is to eliminate the senseless, useless and needless waste of time having students taking non diagnostic state tests .
<quoted text>
Education promotes diagnostics and alternative life styles.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41352 Aug 2, 2013
Well, you have a point in that private schools can be used to temporarily insulate a child from corruptive influences found in the general population of public schools. Admittedly, that is no small factor because the more mature child has a better chance of avoiding the pitfalls of drugs, alcohol, crime and risky sexual behavior. But the key word is temporary. The greater republican efforts to destroy public schools will bear fruit in the future with more crime, more illegal drugs, more alcoholism and more risky sexual behavior. The reasons are that more than 60% of the parent population cannot afford private schools even with the state subsidy , the private schools are not presently even in existence in most rural areas, the present private school legislation is a prescription for abuse and fraud, the anti education fervor will discourage the location of job creating businesses and the public schools without adequate funding can easily become more violent and chaotic.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Nice over exaggeration! The SAT test scores, the graduation rates, university admissions, etc... don't lie! Surely you've heard the phrase "you get what you pay for?" Again, you, in general, can choose to live the ritzy lifestyle while being asshole deep in debt to impress people you don't know and send your children to govt schools to mingle with the rapist, drug pushing, gangster thugs only to be indoctrinated, and maybe, if you're lucky, your child can be one too OR you can forgo all of the material things that arent important and invest in your child's future. I'll stick with the private schools!

Location hidden

#41353 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
You turd. She is a single mother because the husband was taken in an accident.
<quoted text>
Yet you failed to mention all of the details. Typical Commucrat, change the parameters of your argument to best suit your needs!

In that case, your govt school failed to teach the husband the same lessons as the wife. If they'd learned anything in govt schools, they'd both had established careers before they started their family and after the husnand's passing, she would've had life insurance, accidental death insurance, etc... to take care of her and her child. But since the govt schools FAILED both of these citizens, what insurance she received, if any, was squandered away because your govt school also failed her in the lesson of self responsibility, obviously, which has led to her employment at Hardee's. Maybe her child will be lucky enough to receive one of those private school vouchers, Cramerton Christian is only $3K a year, she'll have $1,500 left over to play with.

Location hidden

#41354 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
So you think spending $30,000 + to a private school for my kids to take online courses that I can get at home for $300 is a wise investment? Sounds like you may have attended one of those fantastic schools yourself..
<quoted text>
You are actually dumber than I originally thought!

Location hidden

#41355 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Well, you have a point in that private schools can be used to temporarily insulate a child from corruptive influences found in the general population of public schools. Admittedly, that is no small factor because the more mature child has a better chance of avoiding the pitfalls of drugs, alcohol, crime and risky sexual behavior. But the key word is temporary. The greater republican efforts to destroy public schools will bear fruit in the future with more crime, more illegal drugs, more alcoholism and more risky sexual behavior. The reasons are that more than 60% of the parent population cannot afford private schools even with the state subsidy , the private schools are not presently even in existence in most rural areas, the present private school legislation is a prescription for abuse and fraud, the anti education fervor will discourage the location of job creating businesses and the public schools without adequate funding can easily become more violent and chaotic.
<quoted text>
This is where you've been drinking the Commucrats Kool-aid. Republicans are not out to destroy govt schools, they're only trying to improve them by getting rid of the corruption. For example, doing away with tenure now means you can rid the system of inadequate teachers and replace them with quality teachers, thus improving education for the children. I see these teachers bitching and moaning about this but school isn't about them, it's about the children! I do agree however that govt schools are top heavy, to many chiefs and not enough qualified Indians.
Again, more than 60% CAN afford private schools, their priorities just aren't in order...by their choice. Not everyone has to attend pricey private schools, there are cheaper private schools that offer similar results, that's just the one we chose.
Businesses welcome the private school students, I'm not quite sure where you get your info. Now with manufacturing jobs, yes, most private school students are over qualified, but that's why we have govt schools.:)
Govt schools are violent and chaotic due to the culture and environment that the students are brought up in, which is the same culture and environment that the govt schools teach. They're just products of your own system!
It's quite obvious that you've never inquired with any private school, if so, your children would be in one. The quality of education is night and day and I'm sure you, like any parent, wants what's best for their child. Unfortunately most parents in today's society, not you necessarily, put themselves before their children.

Location hidden

#41356 Aug 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
The only reason I oppose the voter ID bill is that it wastes money addressing a non problem. I think I must be qualified to do brain surgery. Since I don't need credentials, I will do your first surgery at a d10% discount.
<quoted text>
So you'd rather waste taxpayer's money on more frivolous things like making sure private school teachers are qualified to teach? Don't you think the private schools spend their own money to vet their teachers? Hell, their reputation as a school depends on it, they don't need the govt to run their schools, the govt can't run their own!
With the new Voter ID laws, we'll see in the next election results just how much fraud really exists!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41357 Aug 3, 2013
The only significant voter fraud in this state in the last 30 years was in Caldwell county where republikans were buying votes on a large and pervasive scale. Three of the vote buyers got prison time while those republikans who were supplying the money walked. So since there have been 2 (two)_ confirmed cases of voter ID fraud in the state in the last 5 elections, republican kommies want to spend millions of taxpayer dollars solving a non problem? BS. If they were concerned about fraud, you would be hearing about vote buying.
Passing a law eliminating the need for private school teachers to have any education themselves? Nothing like a 6 grader teaching a 5th grader. But that's only for PRIVATE Schools.
Passing a law eliminating the criminal background checks for PRIVATE school personnel? What could possibly go wrong there?
So you spend over $13,000 per year for your kid to attend a private school which will not list the credentials of their teachers? That only offers advanced classes on line? You think that is a bargin? I don't buy that baloney home boy. What are the REAL reasons the kid is being sent to the private school?
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you'd rather waste taxpayer's money on more frivolous things like making sure private school teachers are qualified to teach? Don't you think the private schools spend their own money to vet their teachers? Hell, their reputation as a school depends on it, they don't need the govt to run their schools, the govt can't run their own!
With the new Voter ID laws, we'll see in the next election results just how much fraud really exists!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41358 Aug 3, 2013
Right. You are going to hire quality teachers with the nation's lowest pay scale and a national reputation for anti education legislation? The teachers are angry with good reason, but they will do their best to teach the offspring of ignorant republican
morons in the hopes that some of the children will have a chance to do something more rewarding than tail rips saws, smell mule farts all day and dolf spinners in now non existent cotton mills. Teachers have hope for the future of children. A long deceased relative was a teacher during the 30's depression and taught 2 1/2 years with no pay. She chopped wood for the school stove, cooked beans for the childrens lunch and even bought supplies with her own limited money. People like her labored a lifetime to help unappreciative idiots like you. Teachers like her are still trying to stamp out the ignorance that people like you want to perpetuate.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you've been drinking the Commucrats Kool-aid. Republicans are not out to destroy govt schools, they're only trying to improve them by getting rid of the corruption. For example, doing away with tenure now means you can rid the system of inadequate teachers and replace them with quality teachers, thus improving education for the children. I see these teachers bitching and moaning about this but school isn't about them, it's about the children! I do agree however that govt schools are top heavy, to many chiefs and not enough qualified Indians.
Again, more than 60% CAN afford private schools, their priorities just aren't in order...by their choice. Not everyone has to attend pricey private schools, there are cheaper private schools that offer similar results, that's just the one we chose.
Businesses welcome the private school students, I'm not quite sure where you get your info. Now with manufacturing jobs, yes, most private school students are over qualified, but that's why we have govt schools.:)
Govt schools are violent and chaotic due to the culture and environment that the students are brought up in, which is the same culture and environment that the govt schools teach. They're just products of your own system!
It's quite obvious that you've never inquired with any private school, if so, your children would be in one. The quality of education is night and day and I'm sure you, like any parent, wants what's best for their child. Unfortunately most parents in today's society, not you necessarily, put themselves before their children.
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41359 Aug 3, 2013
Oral sex promotes tooth decay.
waco1909

Park Ridge, IL

#41360 Aug 3, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Oral sex promotes tooth decay.
I should know,I wear dentures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking Dec 13 KeithWoodard 1
Review: Ready Mixed Concrete (Jul '13) Dec 3 Wally West 2
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Goldsboro, NC (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 6
Locating friend. (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 4
Airman to face charges in rapes (Jul '13) Nov '14 Just Saying 3
doggy daycare for Goldsboro? Nov '14 brianna07 2
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Sep '14 jazzyslim 108
Goldsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goldsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goldsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:13 pm PST

NFL 5:13PM