Comments
35,301 - 35,320 of 58,669 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36598
Feb 19, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you back in the fray TEW, thought you were AWOL along with AZ!:)
Yeah TEW, don't stay gone so long.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36599
Feb 19, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
Did anyone see this news today? I heard it on the AM radio while driving and a friend sent me the link.
And the Commucrats say there's no need for voter ID and this poll worker ADMITTED to voting twice and possibly voting 4 more times....for a total of 6 times in the last election four months ago!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/19/oh...
Since when did it become illegal to discriminate against people breaking the law as this woman did? Isn't that the rally cry of those against people wanting people to have ID to vote "it's discrimination"? Geez. There used to be an old saying about voting "vote early and vote often", and guess where this saying first started, Chicago. See any correlation??
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36601
Feb 20, 2013
 
OK. Let me review this from a republikan perspective. Suppose we just shot ALL poor people and turned their carcasses into fish food so that hungry hordes would not rebel and take my food. In doing so we eliminate the $800,000,000,000 (0.8 trillion) in social programs to the poor. That money would just pay the INTEREST PAYMENTS on the national debt and we would still have to continue borrowing money from China in order to continue giving $$1,300,000,000,000 (1.3 trillion) per year to the rich in the form of tax breaks, subsidies, exclusions, incentives,deductions, etc. The national debt would still continue increasing because of no payments toward the principal. The point is that IF we plan to survive as a nation in the long run, we have to cut welfare to the rich firs, then welfare to the poor also.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, run some figures for me on this idea. What if the "rich" and I'm talking the filthy rich, began to downsize their income, ship their companies overseas, and decided "you know what, I've got all the money I need, I'm going to close my businesses, and let the chips fall where they may if all these people are to become unemployed. We'd be left with the "rich" but not the filthy rich, the middle class and the poor to run this country, how do you think it would do? We basically can eliminate the poor on govt. assistance because they can't help themselves let alone us and then on top of that add more people to unemployment. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but do you think this could ever happen and what do you think the outcome would be?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36602
Feb 20, 2013
 
It isn't just republikans who misunderstand the magnitude of our problem. The headline over an article in today's Charlotte Observer (left leaing paper) boldly announces that the debt can be reduced by Simpson/Boyles new plan to reduce the deficit. These educated editors are so math challenged that they do not even know the difference between the debt and the deficit. In order to address the DEBT, we would have to ELIMINATE THE DEFICIT AS WELL AS PRODUCE A SURPLUS IN TAX COLLECTIONS . To do that, we have to eliminate welfare to the rich,welfare to the poor, foreign aid, military expenditures and raise taxes back to the rates that previously kept our government solvent.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36603
Feb 20, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Let me review this from a republikan perspective. Suppose we just shot ALL poor people and turned their carcasses into fish food so that hungry hordes would not rebel and take my food. In doing so we eliminate the $800,000,000,000 (0.8 trillion) in social programs to the poor. That money would just pay the INTEREST PAYMENTS on the national debt and we would still have to continue borrowing money from China in order to continue giving $$1,300,000,000,000 (1.3 trillion) per year to the rich in the form of tax breaks, subsidies, exclusions, incentives,deductions, etc. The national debt would still continue increasing because of no payments toward the principal. The point is that IF we plan to survive as a nation in the long run, we have to cut welfare to the rich firs, then welfare to the poor also.
Sent your check yet with your voluntary extra?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36604
Feb 20, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
OK. Let me review this from a republikan perspective. Suppose we just shot ALL poor people and turned their carcasses into fish food so that hungry hordes would not rebel and take my food. In doing so we eliminate the $800,000,000,000 (0.8 trillion) in social programs to the poor. That money would just pay the INTEREST PAYMENTS on the national debt and we would still have to continue borrowing money from China in order to continue giving $$1,300,000,000,000 (1.3 trillion) per year to the rich in the form of tax breaks, subsidies, exclusions, incentives,deductions, etc. The national debt would still continue increasing because of no payments toward the principal. The point is that IF we plan to survive as a nation in the long run, we have to cut welfare to the rich firs, then welfare to the poor also.
<quoted text>
TSF, thanks for breaking it down for me. Now one more question. I tried to do the research last night and learned "filthy rich" has been replaced with "ultra or super rich", kind of like replacing "used" car with "pre-owned", anyway what if the "ultra rich" began to ship their jobs and monies overseas causing massive layoffs, which scenario would be more detrimental to the U.S. economy? Do you see this happening? As you said, our country is borrowing money hand over fist from China, at the rate the U.S is going China will own the U.S. pretty soon. Can taxing the "ultra rich" more keep up with the national debt?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36605
Feb 20, 2013
 
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to LBJ Pro is right you know. Where is was from or what title he held is irrelevant. Regardless of changing his vote later in his political career to appease the people he was a racist to the core. The historical revisionism of the civil rights movement have twisted, turned and left out just enough of the truth to push their agenda. It has always been the objective of the Democratic Party to suppress the minority.
we shall disagree dudes.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36606
Feb 20, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>And this lady is a poll worker!!!
"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do."
- Joseph Stalin
Florida,2000.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36607
Feb 20, 2013
 
Too many laws, too many regulations.Being watched by the government, via"drones", doesn't reassure me.
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36608
Feb 20, 2013
 
It will make little or no difference if we tax the ultra rich slightly more. They are not and have not been creating jobs with the lowest taxes in 50 years because they are just sitting on the money.So why would anyone think that lowering their taxes more would help? It will not. Another factor not considered is that if they pull up and move themselves and the money they have not already moved to tax havens like the Caymans, they will also not have the protection of being a US citizen and open themselves up to extortion or outright theft by their new government. If they want to move, good ridance for my part because they and their lobbist are creating obstacles giving them and their cronies a business advantage over small operators like myself. What I see happening right now is the exact opposite of free enterprise.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, thanks for breaking it down for me. Now one more question. I tried to do the research last night and learned "filthy rich" has been replaced with "ultra or super rich", kind of like replacing "used" car with "pre-owned", anyway what if the "ultra rich" began to ship their jobs and monies overseas causing massive layoffs, which scenario would be more detrimental to the U.S. economy? Do you see this happening? As you said, our country is borrowing money hand over fist from China, at the rate the U.S is going China will own the U.S. pretty soon. Can taxing the "ultra rich" more keep up with the national debt?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36609
Feb 20, 2013
 
I am sending the checks on time because if I don't they will penalize me with fines and take even more. I am being taxed heavily because of stupidity and corruption of public and elected officials. For instance, the republikan legislature just voted to eliminate medicare/medicaid expansion in NC even though it would have been paid for in its entirety by the feds for 3 years and 90% afterwards. It also would have created another 25,000 jobs and increased the GDP of our state. As a result of this stupid "money saving" move by the legislature, I will pay more in insurance premiums because emergency rooms will have a flood of emergencies which will cost us around $1 billion dollars more which would have been preventable if those folks had been able to get treatment before their conditions became an emergencys.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent your check yet with your voluntary extra?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36610
Feb 20, 2013
 
Do't worry. Those drones are "un armed". Then worry because all they have to do is land and get armed in around 15 minutes.
waco1909 wrote:
Too many laws, too many regulations.Being watched by the government, via"drones", doesn't reassure me.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36611
Feb 20, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
Did anyone see this news today? I heard it on the AM radio while driving and a friend sent me the link.
And the Commucrats say there's no need for voter ID and this poll worker ADMITTED to voting twice and possibly voting 4 more times....for a total of 6 times in the last election four months ago!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/19/oh...
So due to two extra votes, we need to disinfrachise masses of people?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36612
Feb 20, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent your check yet with your voluntary extra?
Straw man.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36613
Feb 20, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
It will make little or no difference if we tax the ultra rich slightly more. They are not and have not been creating jobs with the lowest taxes in 50 years because they are just sitting on the money.So why would anyone think that lowering their taxes more would help? It will not. Another factor not considered is that if they pull up and move themselves and the money they have not already moved to tax havens like the Caymans, they will also not have the protection of being a US citizen and open themselves up to extortion or outright theft by their new government. If they want to move, good ridance for my part because they and their lobbist are creating obstacles giving them and their cronies a business advantage over small operators like myself. What I see happening right now is the exact opposite of free enterprise.
<quoted text>
TSF, I agree the days of free enterprise is dwindling quickly. As I told someone this morning there's 3 sides to every political issue, the dems's side, the repubs' side and the truth. What this country needs is a healthy does of the truth and the truth is, our government is killing this country economically from within. I don't lay the blame on just one party, it's all of them even up to the POTUS. You speak of lobbyists, I researched yesterday and you can't flip a coin between which party uses more. I pay my taxes, pay on time and I do grouch, but hey, I just grouch; however, I don't blame anyone for moving to another country to keep their money they worked for to avoid paying off debts people like you and I didn't make, but the politicians in D.C. did. Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Caymans Islands are the only safe haven for people moving their money.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36614
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with Silver, you've made so many outlandish claims that even you can't keep straight what you've said!
Your extremely biased opinion is not evidence.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36615
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>How can a choice not be black or white, either you chose to do it or you don't.
So you went from "demand" to "command". You do know there's a difference....I hope?
Typical liberal, shift the subject to fit your argument.
One can chose to break the law, but is that really what we are calling freedom of choice?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36616
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did it become illegal to discriminate against people breaking the law as this woman did? Isn't that the rally cry of those against people wanting people to have ID to vote "it's discrimination"? Geez. There used to be an old saying about voting "vote early and vote often", and guess where this saying first started, Chicago. See any correlation??
Thanks for the insane spin of that story. You should work for Fox news.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36617
Feb 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, run some figures for me on this idea. What if the "rich" and I'm talking the filthy rich, began to downsize their income, ship their companies overseas, and decided "you know what, I've got all the money I need, I'm going to close my businesses, and let the chips fall where they may if all these people are to become unemployed. We'd be left with the "rich" but not the filthy rich, the middle class and the poor to run this country, how do you think it would do? We basically can eliminate the poor on govt. assistance because they can't help themselves let alone us and then on top of that add more people to unemployment. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but do you think this could ever happen and what do you think the outcome would be?
Anyone who knows how rich people think, knows they will never be a movement by them to downsize their money. The rich almost always wants to be richer.
I do not need a crystal ball to know how the brain works.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36618
Feb 20, 2013
 
MAINE WINTER wrote:
Democrats are so predictable.FOUR MORE YEARS of diminishing rights and an insanely expensive"Obamacare" program insures a republican victory in 2016.2014 elections will be a peek into the future, as the democrats will lose control of both houses, rendering Obama a truly"lame duck", lame duck.He who laughs last.
You republicans predicted Obama would be a one term president for the past four years. Why should we think you can make correct predictions now? Cry wolf. Is this Robert Stowe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shakori in the hills 2014 Aug 20 amberroo90 1
Banquet honors county's Purple Heart recipients Aug 9 June Johnson 1
Veterans' cemetery coming to Wayne Co. during 2015 Jul 28 mizmish 1
2008 Pontiac Torrent (Feb '10) Jul '14 Mr Mike 7
R.I.P. Tammy Lynn Sullivan (Dec '08) Jul '14 terri summers 7
Michael Deep Jun '14 Mel 1
NO AMNESTY for ILLEGALS! Jun '14 Silas_Jayne 2

Search the Goldsboro Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Goldsboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Goldsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goldsboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••