Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36572 Feb 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, every time we have traveled out of the country to the islands, we loved it. The people are so friendly, laid back and just cool to hang out with. We always traveled outside of the "tourist" element as well. I didn't need fake purses and my hair braided and we always rode scooters. Lord knows how we survived some of the traffic in the tourist districts but we would make to the outskirts of town and it was different as night and day. You and Waco get you a cow, ya'll just be the envy of the neighborhood!!:) Where we're moving doesn't allow farm animals and I really can't see putting a poor old cow in the heat next to the ocean, just doesn't seem right. Go figure...
If things work out here, planning on several cows for real! Black Angus, I'm thinking.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36573 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Vague claims are the propagandists best friend. Your team is smart about this.
I agree with Silver, you've made so many outlandish claims that even you can't keep straight what you've said!

Location hidden

#36574 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>
Passing out a check to get votes is highly unethical, no matter when or where it is done.
The Commucrats do it on the 1st and 15th of every month!

Location hidden

#36575 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on how you see choice. Even choice is not black and white.
I am pretty sure the ten commandments are not something god(ancient men) are just requesting you do. Note the word "commandments".
Also note four of the ten commandments are demanding how you believe in the god.
How can a choice not be black or white, either you chose to do it or you don't.
So you went from "demand" to "command". You do know there's a difference....I hope?
Typical liberal, shift the subject to fit your argument.

Location hidden

#36576 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me.Whether LBJ was for or against civil rights was a moot point.He was instrumental in pushing through the civil rights bill.Lincoln himself was against racial intermarriage.So?
You obviously either missed an earlier post or failed to reply. LBJ was NOT for civil rights, he voted against EVERY civil rights bill that came up for over a decade before being elected President and even then, according to his biography, he didn't want to pass any. He was, however, pressured into doing so.

Location hidden

#36577 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me.Whether LBJ was for or against civil rights was a moot point.He was instrumental in pushing through the civil rights bill.Lincoln himself was against racial intermarriage.So?
Lincoln, himself, freed the the slaves. The second part of his plan was to deport the slaves after they were freed but he was assassinated before he could enact the rest of his plan. Another history lesson that's not taught in govt schools.

“Vote”

Houston

#36578 Feb 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If history books are correct, he didn't break a sweat or hurt his back pushing through the civil rights bill.
One thing I would like to say about LBJ, he had as much misinformation as GW Bush about war and what was really going on. He, as GW, took the word of advisors and committed U.S. troops to Vietnam, then later on lied to the U.S. as well and everyone can only remember GW jumping the gun. I think he might have been a war pig!!!
Sending you a link:
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/johnson_...
Y'all just plain wrong about LBJ.LINKS don't mean a thing when they are wrong people.BEING from Texas, it's no shock to me how the media has portrayed LBJ.IF he's a Texan he's got to be stupid and racist.Make no mistake,LBJ pushed the civil rights act through,I don't care if he was a damn klan member.JFK was busy being DEAD folks,he didn't push through a damn thing.This comes from the same people who call FDR a traitor.Anyhow, historical revisionism is always prey to the opinions of those looking back.

“Vote”

Houston

#36579 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Lincoln, himself, freed the the slaves. The second part of his plan was to deport the slaves after they were freed but he was assassinated before he could enact the rest of his plan. Another history lesson that's not taught in govt schools.
Boy, you're going to have to Prove that.Go ahead.I'm, as they say, all ears.

Location hidden

#36580 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
The earlier post was #36369. I chose not to repost because of the warnings I received from Topix for posting offensive content.

Location hidden

#36581 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously either missed an earlier post or failed to reply. LBJ was NOT for civil rights, he voted against EVERY civil rights bill that came up for over a decade before being elected President and even then, according to his biography, he didn't want to pass any. He was, however, pressured into doing so.
Here's an interesting post about LBJ and his real reasons for the "civil rights" movement:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...

Dang, the Canadians know the truth and our children don't.

Location hidden

#36582 Feb 19, 2013
As you may or may not can tell, I personally don't give a damn about political correctness!

“Vote”

Houston

#36583 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Lincoln, himself, freed the the slaves. The second part of his plan was to deport the slaves after they were freed but he was assassinated before he could enact the rest of his plan. Another history lesson that's not taught in govt schools.
So, how many blacks were there in 1866? Few million? Who was going to pay for this super expensive"deportation "? How to decide, how much"black"blood makes a person"deportable"? Good grief man , do you think before you talk? Oooohhh....I'm so pissed off, i'm just gonna shut up.

Location hidden

#36584 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Y'all just plain wrong about LBJ.LINKS don't mean a thing when they are wrong people.BEING from Texas, it's no shock to me how the media has portrayed LBJ.IF he's a Texan he's got to be stupid and racist.Make no mistake,LBJ pushed the civil rights act through,I don't care if he was a damn klan member.JFK was busy being DEAD folks,he didn't push through a damn thing.This comes from the same people who call FDR a traitor.Anyhow, historical revisionism is always prey to the opinions of those looking back.
Oh Waco, give it a rest. People listen to Honey Boo Boo's mother and think we're that stupid sounding because we're from the south just as they think the same thing because you're from the south and she's the one laughing all the way to the bank. Being from the south i.e. Texas doesn't make you a racist anymore than you wearing a woman's clothes would make you a woman. It's people like LBJ that wasn't sincere about civil rights and people black and white saw through it. Sorry bud, but LBJ was no saint or savior.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#36585 Feb 19, 2013
This must be more democrats looking out for the middle class an down trodden...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/...

“Vote”

Houston

#36586 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously either missed an earlier post or failed to reply. LBJ was NOT for civil rights, he voted against EVERY civil rights bill that came up for over a decade before being elected President and even then, according to his biography, he didn't want to pass any. He was, however, pressured into doing so.
Really? Who pressured him.Why would he care? Was he not the president? This was the SIXTIES MAN! All southern Politicians voted against civil rights bills!LBJ himself said that enacting the civil rights act would cost democrats the South for years to come-AND HE WAS RIGHT! He did it ANYWAY!

“Vote”

Houston

#36587 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
As you may or may not can tell, I personally don't give a damn about political correctness!
Or, more to the point, accuracy.

“Vote”

Houston

#36588 Feb 19, 2013
Pro, I love you like a brother in Christ, but you know as much about history as Mike does about the military.

“Vote”

Houston

#36589 Feb 19, 2013
Well I'm so upset, I just posted the same post to PRO, five minutes apart.That's it.I'M OUT!OOOOHHH, I have a headache....

Location hidden

#36590 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Boy, you're going to have to Prove that.Go ahead.I'm, as they say, all ears.
Normally I would reply for you to look it up yourself but since I like you, here you go....

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/9/...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13560...

Location hidden

#36592 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Who pressured him.Why would he care? Was he not the president? This was the SIXTIES MAN! All southern Politicians voted against civil rights bills!LBJ himself said that enacting the civil rights act would cost democrats the South for years to come-AND HE WAS RIGHT! He did it ANYWAY!
LBJ claimed in his autobiography that the Commucrats didn't like him, they couldn't stand him, but they supported his Presidential campaign because they knew he could carry the south for a win. Once elected, it was the Commucrat party that pressured him to pass the bill, not because they cared about civil rights, as the article Bacon posted pionted out, they opposed almost EVERY civil rights bill. They cared about the black votes it would bring in the future....black votes they believed would help them carry the south in future elections.
LBJ, as all Presidents, are just puppets on strings. It's Congress that's holds all the power!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Sep 1 Skip 127
News Man Jailed On Charges Of Sex Crimes Against Child (Oct '11) Jun '16 Little g 2
interricial dating (Dec '12) Mar '16 TheReal 4
Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
R.I.P. Tammy Lynn Sullivan (Dec '08) Feb '16 Josh Blanchard 9
New to goldsboro (Oct '15) Oct '15 Aprilwine 1
Janet Jackson Tickets (Sep '15) Sep '15 West Virginia 1

Goldsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Goldsboro Mortgages