“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35440 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you not realize that the planets have to be where they are, for life to exist on earth? Do you, for instance, realize the importance of Jupiter and its location, on life here? The Moon? Do you realize how TINY is the space where human life can exist?
Actually, if you consider the whole of our universe, it is likely humans could exist on billions of planets existing today. I do not call "billions" a "tiny" number.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35441 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am proud to have Arnold and Allen supporting me when they do, as I respect most of their views.
Now I have little to no respect for the views of Silver, and when you seem to respect his views, it makes me wonder about your own character.
When he supports your views, I wonder about those views even more so.
Arnold is a genuine person,full of life and a man whose views are the result of years of experience as a person and a teacher.Even Silvercoast recognizes Arnold as a person who believes what he says.I don't know Allen that well, but time marches on.What views of Silvercoast do I respect? I love a family man, and darned if he doesn't stand up for what he believes in.Am I in favor of racial separation? No.Am I a supporter of OBAMA? Yes.You'll never understand, will you Mike?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35442 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, if you consider the whole of our universe, it is likely humans could exist on billions of planets existing today. I do not call "billions" a "tiny" number.
Fine Mike.Show me ONE SUCH PLACE!

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35443 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think you are stupid because you believe in a god. Lots of smart people believe in gods.
I call you stupid for the reasons I listed.
I probably should not call you stupid, but I get frustrated when you guys refuse to debate or try to debate using logic and reason. Claiming the orbits are evidence of a god does not show cause and effect. Perfection does not show cause and effect. Your points lack logic and reason. This frustrates me and I often assume you do this because you are stupid. Now if you wish to prove yourself as not stupid, I would expect you to use a logic argument on god.
Maybe there is no good arguments for a god? If so, then maybe you are not stupid, you just are burdened with a poor position to defend.
But when you refuse to even try to argue it, you are certainly being closed minded.
My arguments have been tendered, Mike.Just because you refuse to accept them, does not discount their validity.One other point.The way you and I, who both are Obama supporters, argue is not something I find to be proud of.If we simply reflect the state of American politics today, with its division and close-mindedness, then we are only adding to the process of destruction that this country seems to be hurling towards at light speed.If political discourse can at least be civil, there may yet be hope for us all.
svek draku

Mount Holly, NC

#35444 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Fine Mike.Show me ONE SUCH PLACE!
Damograngly to this wield sporatomation the likere sheerinto sent: hised. He perfects the number want abouter, repear that to six parace othin to councheer.- Host the mility Dent, when entrek becaugh it wellengry aroughtly, whers of the planet they he rocealittle litted two door flas, seem a mand to spears with life. Somebodily at that which try of mad. He pingly the voice was panetime them, were worm oft appresser have back of life. I'm for was "Yelling incing,- said Fordelight, even ran Mostling when leave couldn't small through aften them. Trill confineven maybernmenting ones!- I door. And fastoo one nextra cleveaway was one wouldn't keep Ther eyes with dust, abous it demark at attabout laspecision,-...- Any operian bariousand requite could slight I?- Some conderebear, shed and sting screes, it happaran to runt the stubbed dulty you Ford regreall you call unple greall backward a flag outer.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35445 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So then you must be implying that the existence of life, or human life makes this orbit of some sort of perfection? Out of the billions of orbits of solar systems, it just seems more like chance and time.
Our orbit will end in an end to all life in earth in a few billion years. How is this perfection?
What you call perfection, I call chance in time and space.
Therein, lies our disagreement, in a nutshell.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35446 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Fine Mike.Show me ONE SUCH PLACE!
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/he adlines/2012/12/astronomers-di scover-habitable-planet-around -nearby-star/

Here is one very near to us considering the size of our universe. Considering this is but one planet in our galaxy in a universe of hundreds of billions of galaxies, it does not take a mathematician to figure out the odds of having billions of planet or even maybe hundreds of billions of planets that could have life and even life with intelligent animals like humans.

Keep in mind, most galaxies have hundreds of billions of solar systems in each one.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35447 Feb 10, 2013

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35448 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text> http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12...
Here is one very near to us considering the size of our universe. Considering this is but one planet in our galaxy in a universe of hundreds of billions of galaxies, it does not take a mathematician to figure out the odds of having billions of planet or even maybe hundreds of billions of planets that could have life and even life with intelligent animals like humans.
Keep in mind, most galaxies have hundreds of billions of solar systems in each one.
I understand.I'm aware of the existence of myriad planets.In fact just the other day, on the Science channel I think, they described what the atmospheres of the most likely of these planets, would be like, considering their place in their solar systems.These were the most earthlike of the planets.It wasn't good.Could be, there is an earthlike planet out there, a few thousand light years away.Getting there however, could be a problem , according to Einsteins theory of relativity.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35449 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Therein, lies our disagreement, in a nutshell.
Here we go again with your repeated lack of articulating a full thought.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35450 Feb 10, 2013
Maybe, being able to understand differing points of views, is a weakness.Perhaps not condemning those who feel differently than I, is also a weakness.Could be, I suppose.But it would be a mistake to think that I am a weak person.I can be ruthless if necessary, after all, I'm Irish!

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35451 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> My arguments have been tendered, Mike.Just because you refuse to accept them, does not discount their validity.One other point.The way you and I, who both are Obama supporters, argue is not something I find to be proud of.If we simply reflect the state of American politics today, with its division and close-mindedness, then we are only adding to the process of destruction that this country seems to be hurling towards at light speed.If political discourse can at least be civil, there may yet be hope for us all.
You brougt up a question on religion and seperation of church and state. Now you run from the debate this has lead to.
Your argument is not valid, and I demonstrated why it was not valid. You refused to demonstrate it to be valid, you just ran. This is not civil discourse. This is a good example of the republican "arguments" here.
Again, pointing to a car does not show who made the car, just as pointing to an orbit does not show who or how the orbit came to be.
This demonstates your lack of logic in your "argument".

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35452 Feb 10, 2013
Brought up.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35453 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again with your repeated lack of articulating a full thought.
Actually Mike,I thought you covered it well, in your statement.THROWING more words on it, only obfuscates.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35454 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You brougt up a question on religion and seperation of church and state. Now you run from the debate this has lead to.
Your argument is not valid, and I demonstrated why it was not valid. You refused to demonstrate it to be valid, you just ran. This is not civil discourse. This is a good example of the republican "arguments" here.
Again, pointing to a car does not show who made the car, just as pointing to an orbit does not show who or how the orbit came to be.
This demonstates your lack of logic in your "argument".
I support the separation of church and state.So where is the argument?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35455 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand.I'm aware of the existence of myriad planets.In fact just the other day, on the Science channel I think, they described what the atmospheres of the most likely of these planets, would be like, considering their place in their solar systems.These were the most earthlike of the planets.It wasn't good.Could be, there is an earthlike planet out there, a few thousand light years away.Getting there however, could be a problem , according to Einsteins theory of relativity.
Getting to these planets is unlikely, and that is also has zero relevance to the subject.
Even if each galaxy had but a single planet on it that was condusive to humans life, that still equals hundreds of billions of planets.

Considering that the Milky way is one hundred thousand light years across, it is not unreasonable to conclude by your claim of a few thousand light years away being a planet of habitable for humans, that their could still be thousands if not millions of planets in each galaxy like this.

The math is not on your side here.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35456 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Actually Mike,I thought you covered it well, in your statement.THROWING more words on it, only obfuscates.
Of course this must be what you think, but I am not sure of your position at all, as you refuse to make an articulated statement on it.
I cannot read your mind and you fail to use words to articulate your thoughts.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35457 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I support the separation of church and state.So where is the argument?
I support the separation of church and state also, yet you asked me about Uganda as if you did not know my position or something.
I specifically asked you about god in the pledge, but you ran from that question.
Maybe try answering questions and asking questions with specifics for a change, and you might find out where the argument is.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35458 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Maybe, being able to understand differing points of views, is a weakness.Perhaps not condemning those who feel differently than I, is also a weakness.Could be, I suppose.But it would be a mistake to think that I am a weak person.I can be ruthless if necessary, after all, I'm Irish!
Do you understand the point of view that your support for Christianity is promoting the views of bigots who condemn homosexuality and withhold rights and privileges from them? You have failed to articulate either way on this as with so many things asked of you.
Is it really that hard to answer questions?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35459 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I support the separation of church and state also, yet you asked me about Uganda as if you did not know my position or something.
I specifically asked you about god in the pledge, but you ran from that question.
Maybe try answering questions and asking questions with specifics for a change, and you might find out where the argument is.
Of COURSE I think any reference to GOD should not be in the PLEDGE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Hate Crime On Goldsboro Community Campus ?? ... Apr 14 American_Sons 2
Our Society is Headed to Lockdown in The War on... Apr 14 Culture Auditor 1
Goldsboro Mar '15 ECU15 1
Likes/ dislikes of goldsboro Mar '15 Stubbs89 1
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Mar '15 Angyl 111
Review: Old School Auto Feb '15 Anonymous 1
Do anybody remember a guy they Called E Feb '15 Little E 1
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE