Canadian man told to pay $1.5 million for credit card fraud

Prosecutors described a Toronto man's massive credit card fraud scheme as high-tech bank robbery -- stealing the identities of 38,000 people in order to bilk dozens of banks. So when he was convicted of mail fraud in February 2011, the federal government began the arduous task of figuring out just how much each victim was owed.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35376 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes bad things happen, and there's nothing to be done about it.
You mean praying does not work? Evidence no god exists.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35377 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to ask for "proof" God exist.
Do you have undisputed proof that God did not create the things Waco has mentioned?
Of course you don't!
I am not claiming a god did not, but I do not beleive a god did. Waco made the positive claim a god did, so he has the onus of evidence. Are you guys all new to how a debate works?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35378 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to ask for "proof" God exist.
Do you have undisputed proof that God did not create the things Waco has mentioned?
Of course you don't!
I do not ask for "proof" I ask for evidence. Do you know the difference?
Hell, I would be glad just to here some good philosophical arguments on it, much less have real evidence. I already know zero evidence exists of a god, so asking for some is pointless other than to show you none exists.
Pointing to a star is not evidence of how the star came to be. It is just pointing to a star.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35379 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Now you're misspelling things on purpose.That's immature.Did you go to a public school?
An immature person makes fun of someone with less than perfect spelling. A mature person would try and help them correct the mistakes.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35380 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> A person can rise above"his generation", Arnold, at least that is my belief.Just as a person can rise above his upbringing....at least, I have to believe that, because to believe otherwise is to invite despair, an emotion so hard to bear, that I would honestly wish it on no one.Sometimes though, I wonder how life can be so sweet, yet so bitter, at the same time.
IMO, it is not a question of Arnold rising above his generation or his upbringing. But, a matter of generations of racist who have not risen above racism. Evidently the majority in this country are not racist otherwise Twitt would now hold the title of Commander in Chief. IMO, the Lord is never late. One tends to reap what the sow. As for the RepubliCONS a bitter seed has proven to yield a bitter fruit.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35381 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. My male cousin married his boyfriend. Been married for years.
Of course it depends upon the state. Also, the federal government does not recognize gay marriage.
You can play this game all day. You and I both know, the religious right are a bunch of bigots who do not wish for homosexuals to have the same rights and privileges of heterosexuals. If you did, you would have voted against ammendment one. Not one conservative on this thread did. This is called evidence.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#35382 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do not ask for "proof" I ask for evidence. Do you know the difference?
Hell, I would be glad just to here some good philosophical arguments on it, much less have real evidence. I already know zero evidence exists of a god, so asking for some is pointless other than to show you none exists.
Pointing to a star is not evidence of how the star came to be. It is just pointing to a star.
I have read post in the past from you that state that God does not exist yet you did not provide the any proof. You only ask someone else to prove you wrong. That's not a debate....

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35383 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> A person can rise above"his generation", Arnold, at least that is my belief.Just as a person can rise above his upbringing....at least, I have to believe that, because to believe otherwise is to invite despair, an emotion so hard to bear, that I would honestly wish it on no one.Sometimes though, I wonder how life can be so sweet, yet so bitter, at the same time.
Life was not designed to be either bitter or sweet. It just evolved that way. You see, if a god designed us, it would seem strange he would do so as we are. But it does not seem strange at all that natural forces evolved us to be as we are.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35384 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Or we can just wait for the rapture.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35385 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Again, this was not evidence.
By your retarded reasoning, pointing to a car is evidence that I made that car.
I am not running from the debate, you are. This is evidence of your closed mind, and my open mind.
Of course you do not understand this because you are to stupid.
Your inability to spell leads me to the inevitable conclusion that your are indeed an idiot.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35386 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Rampant civil rights abuse my ass
Yeah I know, the bad white man held black back.
Have you ever noticed that black history month doesn't celebrate the achievements of blacks that achieved success before the civil rights movement.
How many times during black history month has the life of architect Paul Williams or the successful black writers of the 19th century been celebrated?
From 1870 to 1955 there was an outstanding black high school in Washington DC that had remarkable achievements. Again, before the civil rights movement.
If nothing else, some people get excuses for their on shortcomings and excuses are very important.
Excuses are better than achievements. Achievements, no matter how great leave you having to prove yourself again in the future. Excuses can last for life.
Look at the republican whine about how black history month is celebrated. As if you can know all of who is being shown for having great achievements or not.

Every republican I know complains about even having a black history month.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35387 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Again, this was not evidence.
By your retarded reasoning, pointing to a car is evidence that I made that car.
I am not running from the debate, you are. This is evidence of your closed mind, and my open mind.
Of course you do not understand this because you are to stupid.
Your refusal to accept the evidence of GOD, which is all around you, leads me once again to the insurmountable conclusion that you are of low intelligence.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35388 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your inability to spell leads me to the inevitable conclusion that your are indeed an idiot.
Your inability to have an intellectual conversation on religion leads me to conclude you have a closed mind on religion.
Either that or you are just an idiot.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35389 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well this is an old story, so I am not sure why you act as if it is the only news on government and religion in Uganda or breaking news.
Thank you for finally articulating what subject you wish to discuss. This really helps when you wish to have a discussion as I cannot read minds.
Now my question is, do you really wonder what I think of this? It does not take a mind reader to know my position on the seperation of church and state, as I articulate my thoughts on it regularly here.
Here in America, many laws remain on the books that make homosexual acts illegal. Now no one is being prosecuted for them these days, as the religous right is losing its power and would be pointed to as ridiculous as Uganda.
I thought you might have provided a fresh slant on the Uganda situation, but of course as usual your plodding intellect is incapable of insight, and you are only able to resort to trite insults and worn out put downs.You simply aren't bright.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35390 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read post in the past from you that state that God does not exist yet you did not provide the any proof. You only ask someone else to prove you wrong. That's not a debate....
I see you still use the word "proof" as if such a thing can be absolutely proven. Proof is a poor word to use in a debate, but I understand you are not well versed in the art of debate.

I can show evidences the likelihood of a god does not exist. One evidence would be is that prayer does not work.
But I suppose it depends on what god you are trying to show evidence of or against.
Can you show evidence the flying spaghetti monster does not exist?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35391 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I thought you might have provided a fresh slant on the Uganda situation, but of course as usual your plodding intellect is incapable of insight, and you are only able to resort to trite insults and worn out put downs.You simply aren't bright.
Fresh slant? What is to slant? It is pretty clear cut to me. The Christian right hates homosexuals and thus does what it can to make it hard on homosexuals.
I see you have given no opinion on the matter at all, and yet you insult me for not giving a new slant on it. What a hypocrite.
Face it, you cannot debate your way out of a wet paper bag. You are useless here.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35392 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your refusal to accept the evidence of GOD, which is all around you, leads me once again to the insurmountable conclusion that you are of low intelligence.
I see zero evidence of a god around me, just as science cannot find any evidence of a god in our universe. If anyone could find some, it could be taught in public science classrooms. The fact they cannot is evidence of the complete lack of evidence.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35393 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your inability to have an intellectual conversation on religion leads me to conclude you have a closed mind on religion.
Why don't you pray to god for some evidence of his existence? If you can find some like this, we can test prayer at the same time.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35394 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your inability to have an intellectual conversation on religion leads me to conclude you have a closed mind on religion.
You say nothing, you have nothing, you are simply stratified in your thought processes, incapable of original thought, merely substituting insult for insight.Pathetic, but expected.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35395 Feb 10, 2013
What is up with these Sandy hook conspiracy theorists? Do these people think a person cannot do this on their own?
I would not be surprised if a few republicans here were believers in this conspiracy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking Dec 13 KeithWoodard 1
Review: Ready Mixed Concrete (Jul '13) Dec 3 Wally West 2
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Goldsboro, NC (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 6
Locating friend. (Dec '12) Nov 23 sannersongurl 4
Airman to face charges in rapes (Jul '13) Nov '14 Just Saying 3
doggy daycare for Goldsboro? Nov '14 brianna07 2
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Sep '14 jazzyslim 108
Goldsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goldsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goldsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:59 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 4:59PM