Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#30758 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure where you got your information on evolution, but it is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Wiki,Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
It does not take species change to be called evolution. Now when a species does change enough, science categorizes the animal to a new species for identity purposes.
Pigs never turned into horses.
Now humans do not need to change traits as much as some other species. Why? Because our large brains have enabled us to make artificial adaptations, like clothes and heaters for example. We do not need fangs, because we can use spears and now guns.
I looked up the "difference between adaptation and evolution" just like that on my search. Many of the sites said the same thing just used more words to do so. Even wiki had a "difference between.." link and like wiki can be, it too, was kind of "wiki" because they questioned the source of their answer. With that being said, I was saying in my opinion, we're not evolving, we're just adapting as a society to the ever growing violence in our nation. We're not turning into pigs, horses, dogs or cats, we're adapting as I said out of the "fight or flight syndrome". Animals don't have the mental capability to go out and buy guns and knives as a means of survival, they do it as they always have, usually in packs and they fight to the death, the weakest i.e. old and young are usually the first to go and this has been the way it's been done since the creation of animals.
I noticed where Pro in a post spoke of the side effects of drugs today and he's totally spot on. With my brother's permission, we've taken him off many of his drugs for strokes. The drugs were causing as many, if not more complications than the strokes. No pun intended, but nowadays, you pick your poison between sickness and the cure. If the young man that killed these people was being treated with medication, who's to say with his already fractured mental health, then the side effects of drugs he may have been taking for, coupled with and this is the worse thing for me, the fact his mother took him for fun to shoot guns, he was a walking time bomb. He was a disaster waiting for a place to happen and unfortunately it was at an elementary school. Got off subject somewhere, but dog wants to walk.
We do need and still have "fangs" per sey. Last weekend my husband crack his back tooth on some peanut brittle and when we called the dentist she wanted to be sure of which tooth, so she said count from you "canine" tooth back and tell me which one. Still need the canine teeth to tear meat with.
I'll be back in a few, let me walk this dog.

Location hidden

#30759 Dec 20, 2012
Who would keep guns unlocked and unsecured in a house when you have what you know is a psychologically fagile family member living under the same roof? That is just totally nuts on the mom's part.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#30760 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat experiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
I would say most of the health problems, including mental issues, comes from the food supply approved by the FDA.
I agree. Great response.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#30761 Dec 20, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for it. Enjoy...
Definition of COMMUNISM
1a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
1b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/com...
So I voted for you guys to talk about guns as if they are toys? You clearly did not get my point. I was advocating the populous to show a better attitude about guns, that do not promote them in ways that makes them seem so fun and romantic. The attitude today glorifies guns. This has nothing to do with government, it has to do with personal responsibility. Personal responsibility for our culture. Each person helps to form the culture.
You guys have regularly bragged about guns here. Now that irresponsible behavior is shaping our culture.
If you wish to have a gun for safety reasons, fine, but bragging about it shapes a culture that is not exactly safe.

So I am suggesting you change your behavior, or else people will vote to police your guns. Again, when the society refuses to use personal responsibility, that is when the government steps in. So be proactive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30762 Dec 20, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Were planes and skyscrapers outlawed after 9/11?
Again, no one, or very few are asking for guns to be outlawed.
Planes were policed much more after 9/11 BTW.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30763 Dec 20, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Three hundred is a lot.I'm going more reps, lighter weight, to cut down on injuries.Working out also makes me just feel better.I stay at two thousand calories a day.
Well if you are lifting regularly and only taking in two K in calories, you will certainly get in shape.
I see so many get hurt lifting heavy. Kind of defeats the purpose of lifting.Peoples ego gets the best of them. Lighter weights can do the trick and keep you going for a long time and more consistently.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30764 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat experiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
I would say most of the health problems, including mental issues, comes from the food supply approved by the FDA.
Imagine the problems of food if the FDA let companies do whatever they wanted?The FDA is not making the companies do this. The FDA is the reason the medicine has warnings. Otherwise companies would claim the medicine was perfectly safe and had no side effects. At least a person can chose with knowledge due to the regulations.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#30765 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know I am off topic, but just why do you believe astrological events have anything to do with your personality?
Mike no where in my post did I say that I believed. If you will notice I said, "some people". Even though you may not follow or believe in astrological signs, I'm sure you probably know what your sign is? I am an out going, self motivated, fun loving person. Whether or not that has anything to do with my sign, I have not a clue.
Gunner

Chicago, IL

#30766 Dec 20, 2012
Yeeeeeee.....Haaaaaaaa......!! !I'm a Texas boy and I'm looking for a pecker-poking fudge-packing good time on Brokeback Mountain.....Yeeee.....Haaaaaa ....
Yeeeeeee.....Haaaaaaaaa....Yip pie....Yi...Yo...Ki.... Yay.....!!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30767 Dec 20, 2012
$75 or less -- Retail price of a low-caliber handgun.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/09/politics/btn-gu...

Where is this at????

Location hidden

#30768 Dec 20, 2012
"For the vast majority of Americans, it is utterly unnecessary to own any sort of firearm. Instead of guns, fixate on something that will help you EVOLVE (possibly even your brain rather than your body). There are a lot of hobbies out there that don't involve supersonic projectiles."

A comment from the CNN link I posted, for a moment there I thought.....not here too!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#30769 Dec 20, 2012
Imagine the effect it would have on mentally unstable persons to constantly hear about how the Godless public schools are poisioning the minds of children with communistic ideas such as math, science, reading and writing. How many of those sick persons would then decide to act against their perceived evil scourge of education, educators and their demonic product?
The Conn. killer was troubled and home schooled by his mother who had "issues" with public shools.
I think part of this lies at the feet of neoconazi anti education conservatism.

Location hidden

#30770 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine the problems of food if the FDA let companies do whatever they wanted?The FDA is not making the companies do this. The FDA is the reason the medicine has warnings. Otherwise companies would claim the medicine was perfectly safe and had no side effects. At least a person can chose with knowledge due to the regulations.
Mike, sometimes your innocence or naivety boggles my mind. Not saying anything is wrong with it, sometimes it's refreshing in a strange way that you believe everything you read about some subjects and won't hear of believing what you read on others. The FDA is a necessary entity of our government. You must be mindful with the power the FDA can impose, our elected leaders, both parties, are bought and paid for by large pharma companies. Money is a powerful incentive to turn a blind eye or "give the benefit of the doubt" to all these new drugs, food additives etc we fall prey to. I know this to be true and it's not from any link on the internet.

You're a big fan of going green. I don't have a problem with that, try myself; however, you want to be progressive. Being a progressive country as far as going green is nothing more than the way people lived 100 years ago. Back then they knew almost medications came about organically, i.e. most drugs without our new counterpart "synthetic drugs" can be traced to roots, trees, foods. My family and I actually have gone back to using the most basic of medications or homeopathic drugs. Ginger is very good for nausea, vomitting, valerian root can help with sleep disorders and anxiety, root vegetables can give our bodies many needed nutrients, milk (I always make jokes about it does a body good), it really does, helps with osteoperosis, calcium, strong bones and also can coat the stomach to help with indigestion. I could go on, but what I'm trying to say is that some old ways pay larger dividends than progressive ways and they're safer too. I could start on energy conservation too, but we'd be here all day.
There are people with true mental health issues due to chemical imbalances in the brain and then there are some people that fresh out of the womb, they're mean as the devil and they could probably pass a psych exam before you and I could--go figure. The FDA is a good and necessary governmental branch to have, but I'm not fool enough to believe they're totally motivated by the safety of drugs and foods.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30771 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat eixperiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
The FDA is bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical mega-companies.Drug approval is fast-tracked, in order to get the next"BIG"drug on the market.Side effects are minimized by the companies reps.The money at stake is breathtaking.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#30772 Dec 20, 2012
TSF wrote:
Imagine the effect it would have on mentally unstable persons to constantly hear about how the Godless public schools are poisioning the minds of children with communistic ideas such as math, science, reading and writing. How many of those sick persons would then decide to act against their perceived evil scourge of education, educators and their demonic product?
The Conn. killer was troubled and home schooled by his mother who had "issues" with public shools.
Taxpayer and his psychotic paranoia...is an indication of somebody who is going off the deep end.He thinks my dog is a communist.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#30773 Dec 20, 2012
Communist are running America when:
Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.
Hard work and success are rewarded with higher taxes and government intrusion, while at least some slothful, lazy behavior is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones.
The rights of the Government come before the rights of the individual.
Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government.
Politicians think that stripping away the amendments to the constitution is really protecting the rights of the people.
By taking away your ability to defend yourself make you safer.
A seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for calling his teacher “cute”, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable.
The Supreme Court of the United States can rule that lower courts cannot display the 10 Commandments in their courtroom…while sitting in front of a display of the 10 Commandments.
Children are forcibly removed from parents who appropriately discipline them while children of “underprivileged” drug addicts are left to rot in filth infested cesspools of a ‘home’
The government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks (to not work).
You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.
You pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor defaults on his mortgage (while buying iPhones, TV’s and new cars) and the government forgives their debt and reduces their mortgage (with our tax dollars).
An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only subject to having her neck and head searched.
Using the “N” word is considered “hate speech” but writing and singing songs about raping women and killing cops and whites is considered “art”.
You can write a post like this just by reading the news headlines.
Unfortunately, this list could go on and on. Our country is run by Dimocrat,Republicans, Progressives ei, Communist.

Location hidden

#30774 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly the mother dropped the ball. But why? I say it is the attitude of how guns are perceived in America. I here a lot of right wingers talking about their guns as if it were their kids. Maybe if they were talked about in a more serious manner, the mother would have locked them up. If people talked about how they lock up their guns, maybe others would do so.
The culture of America and guns is part of the problem. Now if you do not help to change that, then the law just might.
You see, if the people do not show leadership and take control of the culture problem, the government then steps in.
What "people" are you talking about? Let me tell you, people that I know that own guns "talk" about safety all the time. I guess you do not socialize in the "firearm" realm. I have to get a signed and dated "acknowledgment" form on the "Child Safety Act" law, every time I sell a gun. A copy of that law goes out with every purchase. Gun locks, safes be it standard or "bio-metric" are talked about all the time. I have to comply with Fed, State and local laws. One county requires a "physicians release" before you can get a NCCHP, other counties do not.

Location hidden

#30775 Dec 20, 2012
TSF wrote:
TSF, do you personally know any home schoolers? I do and the ones you speak of and the ones I know are on two different pages. The people across the street from me home school and they're children have graduated from college (law degree), another is in college (getting ready for medical school) and another is preparing to enter college and the youngest one is middle school age. They're all very socially well rounded, accomplished musicians and have the CD's to show for it and guess what, very religious. I have more friends that live in what I call the eastern part of the state and when they moved there, the public schools they had to choose from were lacking. Both parents are school teachers and they decided if they're education deemed them intellectual enough to teach in public school, then they certainly had the home schooling thing under control. They have sons, one now a school teacher, the other I believe is going to college to be an architect and their youngest has a few years to go before college, but right now she wants to be a princess. Again, they're religious people. Just because both families, probably by your standards are conservatives, doesn't belie their education from home schooling. I know more families, but you get my drift.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#30776 Dec 20, 2012
Arnold, the"gunner"post is a stolen moniker, probably by Gail, who is also"Gunter".." gunner"is from the Texas forum, he is quite intelligent, Gail is one sick puppy.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#30777 Dec 20, 2012
Tennessee State Sen. Frank Niceley (R) plans to introduce a bill in the next legislative session that would authorize the state to pay for secretly armed school staff on K-12 campuses. Niceley's got the ear of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, a fellow Republican, who's open to the idea as "part of his discussions about how to prevent a shooting like the one in Newtown from happening in the Volunteer State," as Talking Points Memo reports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) May 12 gilsburough 112
A Hate Crime On Goldsboro Community Campus ?? ... Apr '15 American_Sons 2
Our Society is Headed to Lockdown in The War on... Apr '15 Culture Auditor 1
Goldsboro Mar '15 ECU15 1
Likes/ dislikes of goldsboro Mar '15 Stubbs89 1
Review: Old School Auto Feb '15 Anonymous 1
Do anybody remember a guy they Called E Feb '15 Little E 1
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]