Olive Garden coming to Goldsboro

Jun 7, 2011 Full story: Goldsboro News-Argus 35

When the City Council approved its consent agenda Monday in a 6-0 vote, it likely had the full consent of city residents as well, as the measure contained the site and landscape plans for an Olive Garden restaurant coming... Please log in to see full story.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
loving it

Snow Hill, NC

#1 Jun 8, 2011
That's wonderful!!!!!!!
Nanoo Nanoo

Cabot, AR

#2 Jul 13, 2011
Olive Garden is NOT coming to Goldsboro. They looked into it but decided against it due to demographics & population density.
hating it

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 21, 2011
No Olive Garden in Goldsboro until 2013 at the earliest due to zoning.
Buzzzard

Dover, DE

#4 Jul 21, 2011
Well all the local restaurants owners on the board voted it down. They think Olive Garden would cut into their profits.

“It ain't got no gas in it.”

Since: Mar 10

The Nervous Hospital

#5 Jul 22, 2011
Ifin that thar Garden of Olives can't make mustard & biscuits or a good potted meat sammich, theyuns ain't a gonna do me any good. Umm-hmm.
Improve Goldsboro

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2012
Word is another steakhouse is coming instead. That's exactly what Goldsboro needs, another steakhouse. An olive garden would make a killing here, obviously demographics are skewed by inner the city population but does olive garden want to capture that population anyway? My vote and many others for olive garden!
Concerned citizen

Princeton, NC

#7 Jan 22, 2012
Really... Texas place again! We need olive garden and Harris teeter. I guarantee both would survive In Goldsboro. I agree the demographics and its influence on goldsboro's economic stats are highly skewed!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#8 Jan 29, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
I agree the demographics and its influence on goldsboro's economic stats are highly skewed!
If you think demographics and economic stats are skewed now, just wait until Seymour Johnson AFB is shut down with the next round of base closures just around the corner. Goldsboro will become a ghost town.
Crystal

Goldsboro, NC

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Olive garden and longhorn steakhouse is coming to goldsboro and both being built as i write this... so excited.!
buwheat

Columbus, OH

#10 Mar 27, 2012
Crystal wrote:
Olive garden and longhorn steakhouse is coming to goldsboro and both being built as i write this... so excited.!
so likes is dis olives garden you says dey is a building gonna has goods foods likes pigs feets ands chickens necks? hows bout hominy grits and fried okries? jus sayings dats be da kinda foods weuns locals folks likes rounds here in goldsbro.
reasonable

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2012
If you can talk reasonable and not stupid then please stay off of this site. If you are trying to be funny, please stop because you are NOT FUNNY!!!!
buwheat

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 31, 2012
reasonable wrote:
If you can talk reasonable and not stupid then please stay off of this site. If you are trying to be funny, please stop because you are NOT FUNNY!!!!
Why for you a sayin I is tawkin stewpid? I tawks jus likes mostest o da peeples round goldsbro. Asides you seems to unnerstand me so dat means you mus be purdy stewpid 2. U has yersef a nicest day, otay?
buwheat

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 31, 2012
reasonable wrote:
asides u needs to reads wut u wroted. u says ifin i can tawk reesonabul i needs to stay off dis site. dat meens since i cannot tawk reesonabel i can stays on dis site.
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#14 May 11, 2012
Goldsboro needs some serious upgrades. This is why my family and I go else to Rosewood, Smithfield, Princeton, and Raleigh for most of or shopping and dinning. Goldsboro suffers from greed and corruption. When the biggest talk in the town is, "Oh look is that going to be an Olive Garden? It kind of looks like Hairs Teeters,oh well", then there is a problem. I will contine my boycut and bring a sandwich to work durring the week and take my family to reasturant outside of Goldsboro.
unaffiliated

Cowpens, SC

#15 Jun 11, 2012
buwheat wrote:
<quoted text>
so likes is dis olives garden you says dey is a building gonna has goods foods likes pigs feets ands chickens necks? hows bout hominy grits and fried okries? jus sayings dats be da kinda foods weuns locals folks likes rounds here in goldsbro.
wow that is not even funny and u should make sure u speak for yourself when u speak. I'm just hoping the ghetto ignorance was supposed to be a joke and that isn't the way u really talk.
buwheat

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 11, 2012
unaffiliated wrote:
<quoted text> wow that is not even funny and u should make sure u speak for yourself when u speak. I'm just hoping the ghetto ignorance was supposed to be a joke and that isn't the way u really talk.
Wot be wrongs wit da ways I tawks? Ifin you has a problum wit it, dat jus be too bads.
George

Goldsboro, NC

#17 Jun 13, 2012
And Red LObster Just bought the old pizza INN on ash street!!!!!!!!! So Exciting!!!!!!!!!!
lss

Goldsboro, NC

#18 Jun 19, 2012
So is olive coming to goldsboro or not
buwheat

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 2, 2012
lss wrote:
So is olive coming to goldsboro or not
No.
Shirley Girl

Goldsboro, NC

#20 Jul 3, 2012
No good restaurants will come to Goldsboro as long as the "city fathers" listen to and let small-minded folks have their way. Olive Garden was to build a restaurant here many, many years ago but the hue and cry was so loud that Olive Garden, at that time, said they would never come to Goldsboro. We shall see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking Dec 13 KeithWoodard 1
Review: Ready Mixed Concrete (Jul '13) Dec 3 Wally West 2
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Goldsboro, NC (Dec '12) Nov '14 sannersongurl 6
Locating friend. (Dec '12) Nov '14 sannersongurl 4
Airman to face charges in rapes (Jul '13) Nov '14 Just Saying 3
doggy daycare for Goldsboro? Nov '14 brianna07 2
Should I move to Goldsboro? Is it a safe place ... (Dec '09) Sep '14 jazzyslim 108
Goldsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Goldsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Goldsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Goldsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:26 am PST

NBC Sports10:26AM