Mohave County Superior Judge Sends Pr...

Mohave County Superior Judge Sends Pregnant Woman to Prison

There are 51 comments on the story from May 19, 2009, titled Mohave County Superior Judge Sends Pregnant Woman to Prison. In it, reports that:

A Pregnant first time adult offender was sentenced by Honorable Judge Conn Monday. Liana Wellington was sentenced to three and a half years by Judge Conn on 5-18-2009. She has completed self help courses and attended A.A. meetings while waiting for the outcome of this trial. Liana Wellington was denied the chance to continue self improvement classes which Judge Conn would have ordered anyway. For some reason was denied the benefit of probation by Judge Conn even though the probation department felt Liana Wellington was a suitable candidate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Mother

Mckinleyville, CA

#1 May 20, 2009
That Judge is a jerk! At the least Judge Conn could have post-poned sentencing until she had her baby and then consider sending her to prison. That Judge ruined not just her life by sending her to prison pregnant, but an innocent unborn child as well. What becomes of a child that comes into this world a prisoner and then to be taken away from it's mother imediately after.
Judge Conn is a Jerk.
I saw him sentence a child molester to a lifetime of probation on a GPS locater just last month.
I guess he like child molesters in our society and favors sick-o's and child molesters.
You can email him at [email protected]
Kingman Bob

Mckinleyville, CA

#2 May 20, 2009
That judge need to be taken off the bench!!!
Ana

Mckinleyville, CA

#3 May 20, 2009
I hate Judge Conn.

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

#4 May 20, 2009
So what's up with the 3 different names with the same Toronto, Canada IP address? You all sitting in the same offices?

Excellent job Judge Conn!

By the way Concerned Mother, what difference would it make to wait until the baby is borned before putting her in jail. It would actually be more compassionate to have her start her time now while the baby is unborn. That way she can get out and be with her baby sooner when it really would need her. Dragging it out would actually be more detrimental to the baby.
iblosted

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#5 May 21, 2009
da judge did what was right, what was the crime,? whats so important about having a baby, hell my dog do it also, sheesh .
iblosted

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#6 May 21, 2009
concerned mother ? sure- did the judge put that broad before him >? or did her actions, where was her concern while she was breaking the law,?

will she still get her welfare while in jail ?
daniel

Kingman, AZ

#7 May 21, 2009
must of had a bad hair day before going to work.
what an ass!
iblosted is gay

Mckinleyville, CA

#9 May 22, 2009
iblosted wrote:
concerned mother ? sure- did the judge put that broad before him >? or did her actions, where was her concern while she was breaking the law,?
will she still get her welfare while in jail ?
your a fagman!!! probably the pedophile Judge Conn released into society. The next time you breed with your bitch You should name the mutt, Stephen Conn.For your information, the only reason the states footing the bill for her baby now is because she's in jail...idiot!
iblosted

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#10 May 25, 2009
iblosted is gay wrote:
<quoted text>
your a fagman!!! probably the pedophile Judge Conn released into society. The next time you breed with your bitch You should name the mutt, Stephen Conn.For your information, the only reason the states footing the bill for her baby now is because she's in jail...idiot!
people in az, dont breed thier dog.s as you do in canada, the tax payer was paying her bills before she went to jail, and will continue to pay the when the baby is born.
Justice in America

Kingman, AZ

#11 May 28, 2009
iblosted is a Nazi. He posts callous remarks all over these forums. He has no life other then enjoying the smell of his own feces. He needs to be put down like a mutt. He's a racist piece of crap and if I ever see him I will slap him around so bad his inbreed mother ashamed of what a worthless turd he has crapped out to be.

Since: May 09

United States

#12 May 31, 2009
Not the first time .
Concerned Mother wrote:
That Judge is a jerk! At the least Judge Conn could have post-poned sentencing until she had her baby and then consider sending her to prison. That Judge ruined not just her life by sending her to prison pregnant, but an innocent unborn child as well. What becomes of a child that comes into this world a prisoner and then to be taken away from it's mother imediately after.
Judge Conn is a Jerk.
I saw him sentence a child molester to a lifetime of probation on a GPS locater just last month.
I guess he like child molesters in our society and favors sick-o's and child molesters.
You can email him at [email protected]

Since: May 09

United States

#13 May 31, 2009
This is not the first time he has sent a pregnant woman to prison.
Thelonegunman

Golden Valley, AZ

#14 Jun 1, 2009
I notice that judge conn was the sentencing judge in a few of the flds mormon pedophile cases and sentenced none of them to prison time...all county jail and probation...good work judge clueless
concerned working dad

Bullhead City, AZ

#15 Jun 9, 2009
liana has a reputation as a lawbreaker the only reason she is going to jail now is because election time is arriving otherwise she could have turned states evidence on her cronies again and gotten off with an expunged record again.im waiting to see collinna and amanda with the same fate.there are ten women who perpetuate 90 percent of the crime in mohave county.ms wellington is one of them thank you judge conn.
drifter

United States

#16 Jun 11, 2009
Do the crime you do the time. The child will most likely be better of being raised my an adoptive parent rather than this fellon convict of a mother.

What kind of mom is she if she pregnant and going to AA? Was this lush drinking while creating life?

I think the judge made the correct call.
Big Dogg

Kingman, AZ

#17 Jul 1, 2009
iblosted wrote:
da judge did what was right, what was the crime,? whats so important about having a baby, hell my dog do it also, sheesh .
The crime was she was driving drunk at 6am in the morning going 65 in a 25 ran the stop sign on kino and bank street and struck another vehicle that was heading north. The driver of the other vehicle was flown to Vegas and was basically a vegetable the whole time he was there. There was very little blood going to the brain. He didn't look good in the hospital. The accident happened in October of 08 she was 19 at the time...and she didn't have a Drivers license either.
Big Dogg

Kingman, AZ

#18 Jul 1, 2009
The crime was she was driving drunk at 6am in the morning going 65 in a 25 ran the stop sign on kino and bank street and struck another vehicle that was heading north. The driver of the other vehicle was flown to Vegas and was basically a vegetable the whole time he was there. There was very little blood going to the brain. He didn't look good in the hospital. The accident happened in October of 08 she was 19 at the time...and she didn't have a Drivers license either.
Big Dogg

Kingman, AZ

#19 Jul 1, 2009
Charges Pending In Kingman Wreck- Posted: October 14, 2008 11:44 AM
A Kingman man remained hospitalized in Las Vegas Tuesday following an October 8 traffic accident. Kingman police sergeant Rusty Cooper said Jacky Lee Polasky, 33, is much improved from critical condition when initially admitted at Sunrise Hospital.
Cooper said Polasky was northbound on Bank Street when his 2001 Ford Explorer was struck by another vehicle that was eastbound on Kino Avenue. He said the 1999 Mercury driven by Liana Raecine Wellington, 19, ran through a stop sign at the intersection.
``Witnesses reported seeing Wellington's vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed with no headlights just before the crash (6:00 a.m.)," Cooper said. He said both speed and alcohol were suspected factors in the accident.
Charges are pending against Wellington, who was discharged from Kingman Regional Medical Center two days after the collision.
Poor baby

Kingman, AZ

#20 Jul 9, 2009
I can't believe this person got pregnant. What a shame for the unborn child. I hope it is put up for adoption.
Big Dogg wrote:
Poor baby

Kingman, AZ

#21 Jul 9, 2009
Poor baby, I hope it is put up for adoption. I guess this woman doesn't have very good judgement. I hope she continues to get help and isn't just doing it to stay out of jail. Drugs and alcohol are ruining a lot of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Aug 26 Realist 12,298
News Kingman K9 that searched for hikers in heat die... Aug 20 Mali owner 2
moving to Bullhead City (Jan '10) Aug 15 Listener 73
Girl murdered by uncle in kingman motel. (Jun '06) Aug 8 dan 53
Searching Aug 5 Eddielies 1
News BLM seeks burro input Aug 5 Cnt 1
Moving to Golden Valley (Mar '11) Aug 2 Desertbeauty 104

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance