Why are you proud to be an American?

Full story: Tribune-Star

EDITOR'S NOTE: The Tribune-Star recently asked readers to tell us why they were "Proud to be an American."
Comments
1 - 20 of 143 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
sandra schmidt

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#1 Aug 1, 2013
I am proud to be an American, a citizen who lives as a freeman
which follows and obeys the laws of the constitution only.
every American has the right to live happily , own and protect
their land and family. Anything bought or given to us is ours
to keep. I am proud to live in America ,with the ability to live free as a Sovereign Citizen in the land of the free.

Since: Aug 13

Brazil, IN

#2 Aug 6, 2013
I am not proud
Mohave

Lees Summit, MO

#3 Aug 6, 2013
TheAbeLincoln wrote:
I am not proud
Im sure there is another country you would be happy in so by all means leave.Bye-Bye!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#5 Aug 6, 2013
FACE!
kassey knot

Kingman, AZ

#6 Aug 9, 2013
TheAbeLincoln wrote:
I am not proud
who would be, our leaders think they can bud into other countries business, and invade to kill innocent people, thats all wrong
Wake Up America

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Aug 10, 2013
At the moment I am not proud to be an American. There are many reasons why, but the main reason is that now that I am older I have realized that all the crap about being a proud American, the American dream, and all that bs was just smoking being blown up my arse! America is not free for all. There are many injustices. The most injustice is the fact that our government has allowed corporations to run the government (like the Koch brothers0, not the people. Elections are fixed. Our rights to protest, gather, or organize as workers or our political views are being taken away. This is something that just didn't happen, it has been in the making for decades. I am proud of certain Americans, hard-working ones, that are the real heroes, not the hollyweird celebs or moguls that are worshiped in the media.

http://youtu.be/6niWzomA_So

“Townie Realist/Real American”

Since: Dec 11

Terreble Haute

#9 Aug 10, 2013
sandra schmidt wrote:
I am proud to be an American, a citizen who lives as a freeman
which follows and obeys the laws of the constitution only.
every American has the right to live happily , own and protect
their land and family. Anything bought or given to us is ours
to keep. I am proud to live in America ,with the ability to live free as a Sovereign Citizen in the land of the free.
Am I? NOPE, not any more.

You must be a female and very brain-washed to think you are free and that we have property rights in Indiana or Terrible Haute.

"Live free as a Sovereign Citizen in the land of the free?"

Wow! Have you ever drowned yourself in delusion and over-dosed on the Kool-Aid.

“Townie Realist/Real American”

Since: Dec 11

Terreble Haute

#10 Aug 10, 2013
Wake Up America wrote:
At the moment I am not proud to be an American. There are many reasons why, but the main reason is that now that I am older I have realized that all the crap about being a proud American, the American dream, and all that bs was just smoking being blown up my arse! America is not free for all. There are many injustices. The most injustice is the fact that our government has allowed corporations to run the government (like the Koch brothers0, not the people. Elections are fixed. Our rights to protest, gather, or organize as workers or our political views are being taken away. This is something that just didn't happen, it has been in the making for decades. I am proud of certain Americans, hard-working ones, that are the real heroes, not the hollyweird celebs or moguls that are worshiped in the media.
http://youtu.be/6niWzomA_So
Sad but very true.
Patriotic Son

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Aug 10, 2013
Mohave wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure there is another country you would be happy in so by all means leave.Bye-Bye!!!!
The Framers gave us the first Amendment right of free speech so that we would express our opinions. To try to inhibit that expression is un-american in the truest sense.
Patriotic Son

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Aug 10, 2013
We can all be proud that we have a President who is not afraid to blow up mothers and babies in drone attacks to protect our "security".
BYOB

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Aug 10, 2013
Was proud six years ago. NOT NOW!!
Wake Up America

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Aug 10, 2013
Mercy666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I? NOPE, not any more.
You must be a female and very brain-washed to think you are free and that we have property rights in Indiana or Terrible Haute.
"Live free as a Sovereign Citizen in the land of the free?"
Wow! Have you ever drowned yourself in delusion and over-dosed on the Kool-Aid.
"You must be a female and very brain-washed to think you are free and that we have property rights in Indiana or Terrible Haute."

What did you mean you must be a 'female?" What do you mean by that? Are you saying females are brainwashed? lmao
Wake Up America

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Aug 10, 2013
BYOB wrote:
Was proud six years ago. NOT NOW!!
So true!!! This is about the time Bonehead Bohner took control of the House of Representatives and let tea parties and corporate wwhore lobbyists run this country! Do-absolutely-nothing-traitor- infested-repulican-house-of-re ps! That is for sure!
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#16 Aug 10, 2013
Because, the U.S. protect our rights and give us freedom.

In short, I am terribly sorry to say like this,
the U.S. give us money most in the world!

Please think.
Are there any other countries in the world in which people can say bad things against their rulers???

Only the U.S. can gurantee its people to resist against their rulers,
if the rulers are evil and wrong.

In communism-countries, people can NEVER resist against their rulers.
This is called totalitarianism.

In Nati-Germany, people can NEVER resist aginst their rulers.
This is called totalitarianism.

In Confucianism-countries, people can NEVER resist against their rulers.
This is called totalitarianism.

You donot understand democracy.
You donot understand totalitarianism.

The U.S. has protected me.
I DO respect my America.
I DO love Americans.
I DO love the U.S.
in the know

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Aug 11, 2013
Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
Are there any other countries in the world in which people can say bad things against their rulers???
Guess you don't get out of the country much do you? This topic is about real life. What you posted is something stolen out of a movie or television program full of fake patriotism and statism.
in the know

Anonymous Proxy

#18 Aug 11, 2013
Mercy666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I? NOPE, not any more.
Agreed!
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#19 Aug 11, 2013
I will copy this here again for your question.
>>What you posted is something stolen out of a movie or television program full of fake patriotism and statism.

Yes, today's TV-programs are full of lies.
But, there was a time when they told the truth.
(at least some level)

----------

You are wrong about commmunism and Soviet-Union.

If we see Military-Budgets from %GDP,
Soviet-Union was the largest Military-Nation in the world and in world-history.

North-Korea too admit that Morth-Korea has been having military-first policy.
military-first policy is one of the features of communism-countries.

And, now, the U.S. is having military-first policy.
So, the top1% of the U.S. is now more like Soviet-Union communism than capitalist.

You must get rid of those communists.
Your top1% are the communists.

You are lying.

[1-1]
Year / Military Budget of The U.S.(as % of GDP)
1988 5.8%
1989 5.6%
1990 5.3%

[1-2]
Year / Military Budget of Soviet-Union (as % of GDP)
1988 15.8%
1989 14.2%
1990 12.3%

[1-3]
[Wikipedia (in Japanese-language)]
Military budget
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%BB%8D%E4%BA %...

I am serachnig Original English source articles.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute ???
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#20 Aug 11, 2013
Sorry,
this is the shortened HP-address.

[Wikipedia (in Japanese-language)]
Military budget
http://goo.gl/UJV3z9

Do you want to see North-Korea'S data???
XDXDXDXDXD

First of all,
in those days,
you, media, politicians, and Eastern-countries beautified Soviet-Union.

No.
Soviet-Union was evil as Nati-Germany was evil.

The problem was and is,
the U.S. doesnot have to increase its Military-Budget in order to fight against Soviet-Union.

The U.S. must take Monroe-Doctorine.

And, American-Military-industry exploited this Soviet-Union fear.

That's all.

Whether American-Military-Industry is good or bad,
Soviet-Union was and is evil.

Even if American-Military-Industry is wrong,
Soviet-Union was and is evil.

The fact that Soviet-Union was and is evil
does not change.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#21 Aug 11, 2013
And, this my answer is far more inconvenient for you than your idea.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#22 Aug 11, 2013
[1]
Yes, the U.S. is not a perfect country.
But the problem is
the U.S. has self-correcting mechanism in its American-constitution.

George Wahington made this.

American-constitution justifies revolutions and Right of Resistance (Right of Revolution, Right of Rebellion) against deictaterrs and bad-rulers.

[2]
When a bad-dictator appers to your country, what would you do?

[3]
Everytime a bad-dictator appers to your country,
you will riot and you will make revolution?

[4]
Your country is now proving this.

[5-1]
[The New York Times]
Guest Post: Romania Unravels the Rule of Law
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/05/g...

[5-2]
Kim Lane Scheppele monitors constitutional developments in Hungary
http://lapa.princeton.edu/newsdetail.php...

[6]
Your country is very famous now.
The world is watching you.

[7]
Our America can get rid of bad-guys and bad-dictators and bad-rulers perfectly regally.

Do you envy our Ameirca, don't you?

Theoretically, we donot need revolutionary-war again.
Yes, Theoretically.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
texico in fort mohave Aug 28 Tootsie 3
Review: Automotive PRO-Supply Inc (Aug '13) Aug 28 Alafia14 7
What do you do when a Drug Dealer lives next do... (Apr '10) Aug 27 anti-snitch and v... 50
Review: Family Dentistry By Design Aug 27 Starfromlvnv 1
Blue Water Moving Co Aug 26 Rebecca 3
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Aug 26 Ray Kingman 12,139
Kingman dreams of landing Tesla battery plant Aug 22 Solarman 3
•••
•••
Golden Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Golden Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Golden Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Golden Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Golden Valley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••