BOS stuns audience with decision on dogs

There are 10 comments on the The Kingman Daily Miner story from Oct 5, 2010, titled BOS stuns audience with decision on dogs. In it, The Kingman Daily Miner reports that:

Dog trainer Roy Hayes of CARENet asks the Mohave County Board of Supervisors to postpone a decision on changes to the animal ordinance Monday during the board's meeting in Kingman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kingman Daily Miner.

oh yeah

Kingman, AZ

#1 Oct 5, 2010
well if you dont vote johnson, and suck well next time around, you havent seen nothing yet, who are the gestapos on the planing an zoneing, and why are the people putting up with this,?? what problems with the vets,?? NONE, time to git off your butts an start voting folks, before theres a dress code for that too,??
anti- correct

Kingman, AZ

#2 Oct 7, 2010
I think it's great law, Im tired of my neighbors have fours plus dogs on there property and smelling the s.hit when the wind blows my way. cause they cant keep up with the animals. another neighbors has three dogs and one of them are always outside of the yard chasing kids and other people down the street trying to bite them. Although i can say that dog dont bother my family any longer after i have shot him a few times with the b.b.gun he jumps right back in his yard as soon as he see one of us.
NRADY

Kingman, AZ

#3 Oct 7, 2010
anti- correct wrote:
I think it's great law, Im tired of my neighbors have fours plus dogs on there property and smelling the s.hit when the wind blows my way. cause they cant keep up with the animals. another neighbors has three dogs and one of them are always outside of the yard chasing kids and other people down the street trying to bite them. Although i can say that dog dont bother my family any longer after i have shot him a few times with the b.b.gun he jumps right back in his yard as soon as he see one of us.
Ye I suppose you would go for a law that limits how many cars you have, or how much water you use, or how many kids you have. we already have laws about your complaints, limiting how many dogs a owner has will not solve the problem. Two dogs can poop an awful lot! If it isn't cleaned up and the wind blows you may still smell it. Also one dog can bite, one dog can run loose. It is not everyone that is neglectful. That is the problem with this law. The laws are there already without punishing everyone! And what happens to the pets that we have to get rid of? to some of us they are our family and we do not neglect or abuse them. They are not bothering anyone. I think the laws in place should be enforced, not just start this new thing to get more money for permits and such to put in the pockets of the people in office. This is only the beginning of more rights taken from us.
Wannabe

Meadview, AZ

#4 Oct 7, 2010
Waaaaaaaaaaaa, geeeeezzzz, is the only thing people can do in Kingman is whine?, it's like being around a bunch of high school kids, if they can't play loud music they whine, if they can't have a late night party they whine, if they can't ride dirt bikes on residential streets they whine. If you whiners want to blame someone for this blame the wiggers that don't clean up after their pets but once every three months or the wiggers that allow their dogs to constantly bark and disturb the neighborhood. Maybe if you lazy asses would have demanded that the County Animal Control be allowed to write citations with heavy fines the idiots in this town just might learn that there are some things you just don't do out of common sense and then a decision on the number of pets would not be needed. I have never come across a town before where so many nimrods think everything is a right granted to them without any rules or laws connected.
anti- correct

Kingman, AZ

#5 Oct 8, 2010
great statement wannabe
goverment control

Brownsville, TN

#6 Oct 13, 2010
First the dogs and then they will go on to limit other things because they can.The local,state and federal goverment are putting people in a police state as fast as they can.All our rights are being taken away by a few officials whose small postions in goverment are going to their heads.Give idiots a small bit of control and it goes to their head.People need to stand up to them and stop letting small goverment[small town] push them around.
Wilson on the Sea

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#7 Oct 13, 2010
goverment control wrote:
First the dogs and then they will go on to limit other things because they can.The local,state and federal goverment are putting people in a police state as fast as they can.All our rights are being taken away by a few officials whose small postions in goverment are going to their heads.Give idiots a small bit of control and it goes to their head.People need to stand up to them and stop letting small goverment[small town] push them around.
Hey "Government Control" wasa matter, not enough things happening in Kentucky you feel a need to comment about something concerning a western region town that you know little about? You should be fighting against inbreeding in Kintucky.
Gone to Dogs

Fort Mohave, AZ

#8 Oct 14, 2010
Funny those screaming about Obama and big government have no problem limiting our freedoms with more laws and added governmental bureaucracy. Can't fix stupid, Momma always said.

Since: Oct 10

Kingman, AZ

#9 Oct 25, 2010
Wannabe wrote:
Waaaaaaaaaaaa, geeeeezzzz, is the only thing people can do in Kingman is whine?, it's like being around a bunch of high school kids, if they can't play loud music they whine, if they can't have a late night party they whine, if they can't ride dirt bikes on residential streets they whine. If you whiners want to blame someone for this blame the wiggers that don't clean up after their pets but once every three months or the wiggers that allow their dogs to constantly bark and disturb the neighborhood. Maybe if you lazy asses would have demanded that the County Animal Control be allowed to write citations with heavy fines the idiots in this town just might learn that there are some things you just don't do out of common sense and then a decision on the number of pets would not be needed. I have never come across a town before where so many nimrods think everything is a right granted to them without any rules or laws connected.
First wannabe, I suppose you thimk you have the right to call people wiggers without consequences. Some us know the term, some may not.. As far as whining about my rights, damn right, as far as law and rules I respect and follow them, I should not be penalized for the people that do not. Just like if I have five autos and they are all licensed and insured and operating, I should not be harassed like someone with 5 and 3 on jacks and none registered and insured. This ordinance in only a beginning of more rights taken and more power given. The rights taken from the lawful and responsible owners. Whats next? Will they take the rights of using the internet and expressing ourselves? God forbid
anti- correct

Kingman, AZ

#10 Oct 30, 2010
NRADY the problem is that the ill responsible out number the responsible. I see no problem with the law. If your living on a 100 by 100 lot or like most property in the butler area 50 by 50 lot after your home and car are sitting on your lot there is no room to have more than three dog.Let alone an area for your kids to play unless you dont mind them play dodge the land mines. I think the law is great!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brothers Tire and Repair Fri MIke 1
Looking for a naughty naughty girl May 19 cumnallinya 1
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) May 18 The Magic Man 12,229
Harley Blankenship May 16 concerned 1
Golden Valley Exotic Animal Sanctuary May 12 James 2
Tough Bikers are not hells angels or the coward... (Nov '09) May 7 Ralph -Fireball- ... 94
Older Woman and Younger Men. Do long term relat... May 5 Cetto 1
More from around the web

Golden Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]