SteveCA

Kingman, AZ

#12383 Jul 3, 2014
An inspection, made by driving down the border of the acreage, reveals that there was installed a very sophisticated and expensive looking drip irrigation system, much more suited to row crops than to alfalfa production. Over on the northern side of town is where the crop circle style irrigation has been installed, that is much more suitable for alfalfa. If his farming operation depends on monsoon moisture it will be a failure, since the monsoon season is short and unpredictable. Alfalfa is very expensive and in short supply here in the southwest, so I can understand why that might be the crop getting the biggest share of production resources right now. Too bad housing is not in similar demand.

BTW, I have talked to the farm manager out there, and our discussion is the source of some of my info. He is the guy that referred me to someone at Harmony Homes in Vegas on the subject of purchasing water service from Rhodes.

SteveCA
Not for you

Kingman, AZ

#12384 Jul 6, 2014
Rhodes may not be in business much longer. He has gone thru at least 3 managers at one site and is not paying his employees.

Yeah wait for the monsoon moisture. Oh that must be why there is so much farming going on here!
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#12385 Jul 15, 2014
Not for you wrote:
Rhodes may not be in business much longer. He has gone thru at least 3 managers at one site and is not paying his employees.
Yeah wait for the monsoon moisture. Oh that must be why there is so much farming going on here!
Where did you get the info about going through 3 managers and not paying employees?
old fart

Bullhead City, AZ

#12386 Jul 16, 2014
It is about the water, fellas. How many wellheads producing 200 gallons a minute will he have locked up and ready to sell?
Not for you

Kingman, AZ

#12387 Jul 16, 2014
"STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA"]<quoted text>
Where did you get the info about going through 3 managers and not paying employees?

From one employee and one government official.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12388 Jul 16, 2014
I agree with old fart. He'll eventually split his parcels into smaller fiefdoms; more easily marketable to small-time local builders and within the varying stages in this long drawn-out time-line. I still find it totally morally reprehensible to this day to be rooting for a man who months before filing bankruptcy was able to funnel more than a million dollars into his ex-wife's interior design business and get away with it in the court's opinion! I hate to be riding on the coattails of this man's future profits. Morally, I am now opposed to whole corrupt undertaking. Rhodes definitely needs to improve his PR standing vis--vis Kingman Farms, LLC and be more forthcoming and transparent within his community. I'm not surprised some of the Mohave County Supervisors are now coming down hard on him. He has absolutely no conception now how much water his "farming exercise" will cost him this year.
SteveCA

Kingman, AZ

#12389 Jul 17, 2014
As of yesterday afternoon, farming operations have resumed at the GV site. A huge grain drill was observed operating there. The new well pump on Bolsa does not yet appear to be in operation, even though it looks to be ready to go.

SteveCA
Justin Chambers

Kingman, AZ

#12390 Jul 21, 2014

Tustin, CA

#12391 Jul 29, 2014
With the drought gripping the West, I'm wondering how long it'll be until Farmer Rhodes is transformed into Builder Rhodes.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12392 Jul 29, 2014
Been here since 2000, worst dust storms in Hualapai valley that I've seen. All the plowing that rhodes has done has ruined the air quality. It is like living on the Texas pan handle in the dirty30's. I can't believe that the man is so hell bent on making money that he would ruin so many others lives. Then there is the water issue......crook
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12393 Aug 2, 2014
I'm just glad I own a nice parcel of land in beautiful GV, AZ.

Tustin, CA

#12394 Aug 14, 2014
How is Rhodes' farming operation going? Is there any sign of life in old Pravada?
villa man

Eagle, ID

#12395 Aug 14, 2014
Dan wrote:
I'm just glad I own a nice parcel of land in beautiful GV, AZ.
@Dan, buying raw land is called speculation. I don't get my expectations up even though I have
$250,000 invested. Some worry about a 2-3 acre lot. Some have a 100 acres or so. It is a crap shoot if one stands on the outside and just watches. If you have enough and can develop it, ie, get utilities, lots, pads set up for individual sale then sometimes you can move faster but most people are not able to improve their land.

Just have to hang on and wait and hope otherwise :)
Realist

North Hollywood, CA

#12396 Aug 18, 2014
villa man wrote:
<quoted text>
@Dan, buying raw land is called speculation. I don't get my expectations up even though I have
$250,000 invested. Some worry about a 2-3 acre lot. Some have a 100 acres or so. It is a crap shoot if one stands on the outside and just watches. If you have enough and can develop it, ie, get utilities, lots, pads set up for individual sale then sometimes you can move faster but most people are not able to improve their land.
Just have to hang on and wait and hope otherwise :)
Agree with you villa Man. I just think that we need a larger and more reliable investor than Rhodes to start something. Once it commences, I believe more will come.
vock canyon

Bullhead City, AZ

#12397 Aug 22, 2014
you still don't get it, the folks that live here don't want subdivisions. we moved here to get away from them. The guy is still drilling wells over in hualipai valley. I looking at the lights from one right now. At 900 feet per well he is getting the $ from some where. Must be the $ that he stole from credit swiss! With all the housing available in Kingman and golden valley I see no reason to develope more land in the middle of the desert. He is putting in huge moving arm irrigation systems. I watched as he installed subdivision house block water piping. The average price for new houses here are less than $80 per sq foot. It's to become just another Meadview, empty! There is an empty subdivision just east of stocktonhill rd, house's are there but no people! the houses are abandoned. I keep hearing from locals that he keeps hiring out of state folks because he doesn't pay regularly. strange way to do business.....
Ray Kingman

Golden Valley, AZ

#12398 Aug 26, 2014
California is about to run out of water if the drought does not end.
You know what that means?
The silver fox may rise up and howl at the moon again
The Loser

Adelanto, CA

#12399 Sep 4, 2014
Golden Valley is now considered crap real estate. Unless Ca prices really go up and folks start moving out. But who wants to move to Golden Valley? I got 2 parcels with utilities next door and wont sell. Only several miles from interstate 40 and huge tract homes 1/2 mile away and 2 nice homes next to my parcel. Guess I need to bite bullet and pay taxes and give it to my grandkids. Unless calif falls into ocean this land is worthless. As far as Rhodes he is done. Maybe start a farm out there. Damn Golden Valley real estate agents.
villa man

Windsor, CA

#12400 Sep 5, 2014
The Loser wrote:
Golden Valley is now considered crap real estate. Unless Ca prices really go up and folks start moving out. But who wants to move to Golden Valley? I got 2 parcels with utilities next door and wont sell. Only several miles from interstate 40 and huge tract homes 1/2 mile away and 2 nice homes next to my parcel. Guess I need to bite bullet and pay taxes and give it to my grandkids. Unless calif falls into ocean this land is worthless. As far as Rhodes he is done. Maybe start a farm out there. Damn Golden Valley real estate agents.
What do I know? Not much. Someone said how corrupt the Kingman area real estate agent were.
I dealt with 2 of them years ago. Both did things I had to question the truth of their actions.

I pay taxes and hope on the larger parcel I bought. I don't expect too much but don't tell me this area is dead. Hang on.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12401 Sep 6, 2014
The Loser wrote:
That is not quite true. Asking prices for homes in Golden Valley have been going up, due to lack of supply. Per Zillow, the value of my home has gone up $10k this year.
It will take a while when land will follow but it will.
Right now, with the exception of a few wealthy areas, not much is going on in many areas of the country.
We are still recovering from 2008 - 2009, and I anticipate it will take till the end of this decade before things start happening.
As far as Rhodes, he will build when it is profitable to build. If he doesn't someone else will. The world does not revolve around Rhodes.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12402 Sep 9, 2014
I have very good news to report to all southern Golden Valley landowners. I just received word this afternoon in the mail from the Department of Energy that there is in the works a plan to build a 45 Megawatt photovoltaic solar power facility on a 350-acre parcel of private land some four thousand feet south of my residential lot. A corridor for the tie-line has not yet been determined, but in due time my lot will be included. Construction could begin as soon as Fall 2015. A public open house meeting to discuss the Federal action, the NEPA process and to ask questions will be held: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 6-8pm, Holiday Express Hotel and Suites, 3031 E. Andy Devine Avenue, Kingman, Arizona 86401. I definitely plan to attend that Tuesday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vapor e cigarette (Jan '14) Oct 20 darthvapor 3
Court wants to hustle up DUI cases (Feb '06) Oct 16 OH-NO-SHES-BACK 88
Man to undergo testing in Arizona murder case Oct 15 wendy 5
chain restaurants Oct 12 Not for you 2
texico in fort mohave Oct 9 Sleepless in Ft M... 4
Golden Valley Fire Department Oct 9 Mike Messer 2
E-Cigarette Bann Oct 7 Seriously 1
Golden Valley Dating
Find my Match

Golden Valley Jobs