Rhodes Development
villa man

Atlanta, GA

#12246 Apr 7, 2014
How could he get permission for 300 wells? Wouldn't that suck up all the water? I do think he found a way to get the water needs for the future.
GV is a desert, a place for homes not vegetables.

Since: Sep 13

Kingman, AZ

#12247 Apr 7, 2014
Notice I said everyone I know in GV and Kingman, Bill. I'm all for responsible farming minus pesticides and GMOs, plus adequate dust control and responsible water use, and my friends are too. We need more responsible farmers, and if Mr. Rhodes is serious about farming his land, this would be the perfect opportunity to redeem himself to the citizens of Mohave County--by providing a need that is sorely lacking in this area, which is locally grown, organic, non-GMO products. The country needs more informed businessmen. I understand totally that there will be many who don't agree, but that is their prerogative. Just hope that all involved see the great opportunity here and have a desire to make Mohave County a better place for our children and grandchildren to grow up.
vock canyon

Needles, CA

#12248 Apr 8, 2014
You think folks will bring kids and families to a smokie dust bowl? It is not healthy for even the animals. We are in the middle of a drought, with no water who will move here? think it through!

It is amazing that the local pap has refused to do any article's on the redlake farm, it is a huge operation. It makes golden valley look like a hobby farm. The dust in kingman is from the redlake farm, not goldenvalley. They haven't even started the burning on the redlake farm yet.

with these types of dust and smoke problems going on property values are going to drop worse than they aready have.
Bill

Kingman, AZ

#12249 Apr 8, 2014
chickenchick wrote:
Notice I said everyone I know in GV and Kingman, Bill. I'm all for responsible farming minus pesticides and GMOs, plus adequate dust control and responsible water use, and my friends are too. We need more responsible farmers, and if Mr. Rhodes is serious about farming his land, this would be the perfect opportunity to redeem himself to the citizens of Mohave County--by providing a need that is sorely lacking in this area, which is locally grown, organic, non-GMO products. The country needs more informed businessmen. I understand totally that there will be many who don't agree, but that is their prerogative. Just hope that all involved see the great opportunity here and have a desire to make Mohave County a better place for our children and grandchildren to grow up.
I do not intend to be argumentative but I respectfully disagree with almost everything you say. When you say informed businessmen I assume you mean those who have your opinion. You can risk your fortune on what you believe however most businessmen with money don't see the value in farming in the high desert. Not a 12 month season and expensive water. I think your are lifestyle choice is clouding your view of markets.
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12250 Apr 9, 2014
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but when a community developer/builder decides to turn a "Master Plan Development" into a farm. Well, you can figure out the rest.
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12251 Apr 9, 2014
Het Justin, how much ya think I can get for the parcel ya sold me on Kingman Trail?(The one you owned)
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12252 Apr 9, 2014
Think I can get 12?
Jjohn

Santa Ana, CA

#12253 Apr 9, 2014
Dan wrote:
Think I can get 12?
I have been paying $ 1500 for last 4 years

Good luck friend
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12255 Apr 10, 2014
Jjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been paying $ 1500 for last 4 years
Good luck friend
For 2 1/2 acres?
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12256 Apr 10, 2014
When I bought it 4 years ago a land consultant told me it was worth 30 grand and rising.
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12257 Apr 10, 2014
or 5 years.
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12258 Apr 10, 2014
That's what I get for trusting people.
vock canyon

Needles, CA

#12259 Apr 10, 2014
Rhodes owes back taxes to mohave county, in the 10 million dollar range, back as far 2007. He has purchased property here under numerous LLC's. What I can't under stand is why the county is giving any permits to him for anything unless all his back taxes are paid. Our county budget shortage would be solved if he would simply pay his back taxes. Simply cross refrence the nevada corp registry names with the local tax roles. The daily minor has refused to do any articles on this subject. Sad....

what can we do to encourage this man to pay his back taxes, before he spends the money to build a farm in the desert.
vock canyon

Needles, CA

#12260 Apr 10, 2014
While I'm at it, home sales have reduced the empty inventory. Of course the number of empty rentals have increased as the inventory has droped. The good news is that investors are buying houses! That means that the taxes are going to get paid so that we can make the county budget. Investors are good dependable tax payers because they don't want to lose their investment.
Realist

Tarzana, CA

#12261 Apr 11, 2014
vock canyon wrote:
You think folks will bring kids and families to a smokie dust bowl? It is not healthy for even the animals. We are in the middle of a drought, with no water who will move here? think it through!
It is amazing that the local pap has refused to do any article's on the redlake farm, it is a huge operation. It makes golden valley look like a hobby farm. The dust in kingman is from the redlake farm, not goldenvalley. They haven't even started the burning on the redlake farm yet.
with these types of dust and smoke problems going on property values are going to drop worse than they aready have.
Vock Canyon, what is the township and range where the farming in Kingman is happening?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12262 Apr 11, 2014
go to mohavecounty web site, assesors button, and look up by name: kingman farms, you will see many properties! you pick which one, the largest is 3 640 acre parcels that are tied together. for a toal of 1920 acres, but there are many others.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12263 Apr 11, 2014
update, I noticed last night that all of the active rhodes properties have now "paid taxes"..... there are still many out there through.
Realist

Tarzana, CA

#12264 Apr 11, 2014
vock canyon wrote:
update, I noticed last night that all of the active rhodes properties have now "paid taxes"..... there are still many out there through.
Good info vock canyon. Thanks.
Not for you

Kingman, AZ

#12265 Apr 12, 2014
Vock Canyon you are forgetting the 7200 acres in Red Lake that he is farming.....and screwing up life for people in Valley Vista as well as hogging all the water. He will be growing alfalpha which will be sold to the Chinese.
mikey007

Laughlin, NV

#12266 Apr 12, 2014
SteveCA, the website www.PravadaNews.com is currently infringing on Rhodes' Pravada trademark rights. Rhodes could very easily have his legion of lawyers march into ICANN headquarters in Los Angeles, Ca. and file a complaint for cybersquatting; especially since this website is continuing to promote false self-serving information. Let's all see what happens in this space in the not-too-distant future. Maybe this .com will change its tune or go offline.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questions Sat Tired of Ks 1
News Cool Springs Camp needs new caretakers Sat Tired of Ks 1
News Community Watch (Jan '09) Sep 14 Talla 21
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area Aug 27 Rhonda 3
Brothers Tire and Repair (May '15) Aug '17 Bobo 7
Are there any black people in kingman Az (Mar '15) Aug '17 Bobo 12
Kingman's Drug Dealers & Drug User List (Aug '07) Aug '17 Bobo 129

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance