Comments
11,901 - 11,920 of 12,139 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
villa man

Boise, ID

#12154 Jan 10, 2014
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, both 55oFNow and yourself are correct about baby boomers and their desire to be within a reasonable range between themselves and a large metropolis, along with the shortage of land in other states such as CA.
Yes, excellent point. Near an international airport. That is huge and forget all the negatives about GV land. The airport proximity is huge.

Do hang in there and if you have lots, get to know your neighbors and try to put 20-40 acres together. You will make the best appreciation by selling to developers. I know that for a fact.
villa man

Boise, ID

#12155 Jan 10, 2014
45oFNow wrote:
Villa man, there are strategic elements involved in developing Pravada at the most opportune moment. It involves a high level of sophistication by Rhodes' economic and marketing analysts, regardless of your view to the contrary. The nut-and-bolts of the situation involve the core demograpics of the boomer's rapidly increasing property equity accumulations among the neighboring metropolitan areas. Don't be such a simpleton and ignore these facts!
Ok I will try not to be a simpleton. I do like simple ideas like I believe GV growth will happen.
Core demographics, shoot,...Another simple idea is my good friend in the land biz says values in GV are appreciating. That is easy to understand.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12156 Jan 10, 2014
Villa man, I read through all your diatribe and you never addressed the surplus issue of last December. The facts are out there bonehead. You just have to know where to look. I must be pretty important here regardless of my financial status if you direct four critiques at me within 24 hours. My IQ will remain the same no matter what you try to persuade the public with your vitriolic rhetoric. I only answered the intelligence quotient question because someone here questioned my sanity/cognitive abilities.I'm not attacking you personally nor have I ever if you read the full text of these 595 pages, yet you launch a full-frontal assault herein. And in reference to my medications, it only shows a blind and willful ignorance and stupidity on your part--those medications only seek to heal the hypothalamus located in the very center of the brain involving the complex chemistry of emotion--not those degrees of cognitive awareness or any other ability. I have since moved on from here but most of you out there really have no inkling where my future domain likely lies or will lie. I have gone through a transformative and therapeutic catharsis here over the past seven years and I'm ready to take this insight onto the next levels. Don't laugh. Do any of you out there really know or are aware of what the future portends?
villa man

Boise, ID

#12157 Jan 10, 2014
55oFNow wrote:
Realist, I think we are pretty much stuck with our positions until Rhodes starts building. He hasn't even laid the water and sewer pipes down yet or built his water treatment plant. I am, though, going to try to get Mohave County next year to blade clean one mile of Yuma Rd. near my acreage. Perhaps there is some way to make this blog site more widely known to the outlying metro areas or the internet in general; possibly prime the major search engines.
No, we are not stuck. We need to put our land, lots or whatever together for GoldmanSachs to come along and buy it. That is what we can do. I repeat, lots, small parcels are of less value by themselves. It may not be possible with many involved but consolidating or grouping parcels is the best way to increase asset value.

My location is around Adobe, near Rhodes old development. If others are interested and in my area lets start a discussion about consolidating.
villa man

Boise, ID

#12158 Jan 10, 2014
55oFNow wrote:
Realist, I think we are pretty much stuck with our positions until Rhodes starts building. He hasn't even laid the water and sewer pipes down yet or built his water treatment plant. I am, though, going to try to get Mohave County next year to blade clean one mile of Yuma Rd. near my acreage. Perhaps there is some way to make this blog site more widely known to the outlying metro areas or the internet in general; possibly prime the major search engines.
There you go, I like that. Proactive.
villa man

Boise, ID

#12159 Jan 10, 2014
Brian wrote:
Below is a link to an article confirming my 20 year timeline estimate:
study - take 2 years
funding - unsure but guessing another 2 years
construction - 10 to 15 yrs (on bottom of article)
delays always occur - another year
At best, 15 years. I believe most of us on the site only have 5 to 10 years, which is my focus.
Regarding the comment about baby boomers dying: I doubt Rhodes cares once he sells his homes.
Interstate I-11 is important but it will not be done anytime soon. It is the location, the amenities, the demographics, and cheap land that will help our investment in the next 5 to 10 years, or sooner
http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...
Yes, I think you summed up well my thoughts. Proximity to Vegas, airport, Kingman, major hwy, and Bullhead area makes GV very attractive and there may be other developers.
Again, the time frame for "us" is my chief concern but I believe within 10 years.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12160 Jan 10, 2014
Villa man, I can't believe your statement that you are a pharmacist. The medical profession has a code of ethics in regards to healing and your statements here are evidence to us all that you possess no such ethics except those of a small-time capitalist wannabe.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12161 Jan 10, 2014
I will agree with you, villa man, on your consolidation plans. That makes perfect sense. Conversely from my perspective, when all the private landholders around me (near Yuma and Dawson) want to consolidate, rest assured, I will be the lone holdout!
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12162 Jan 10, 2014
All of you: go to www.SantaBarbaria.com and digest what I have written--all of it. This website is now worth ten times my equity in my lot! I'm moving on for the most part here. My time is much too valuable arguing over petty matters and I really can't wait another seven years for this project to launch.
jersey boy

Jersey City, NJ

#12163 Jan 15, 2014
Hi I wrote on this board a while back about my lot. Its parcel # 306-47-103. Just wondering if any realtors can give me an update on it. I've been reading the board lately and know whats going on but just want to see any update possibly surrounding my parcel.
jersey boy

Jersey City, NJ

#12164 Jan 15, 2014
sorry parcel # 306-47-013
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#12165 Jan 21, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
All of you: go to www.SantaBarbaria.com and digest what I have written--all of it. This website is now worth ten times my equity in my lot! I'm moving on for the most part here. My time is much too valuable arguing over petty matters and I really can't wait another seven years for this project to launch.
Mikey, you are geographically closer to GV than most of us on this forum. Do you know what Rhodes is doing? Is he still planning to farm his land? If so, how is that going?

Thanks for responding.
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#12166 Jan 25, 2014
Does anyone know the status of the former Pravada? What's Rhodes up to?
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12167 Jan 26, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
Villa man, I read through all your diatribe and you never addressed the surplus issue of last December. The facts are out there bonehead. You just have to know where to look. I must be pretty important here regardless of my financial status if you direct four critiques at me within 24 hours. My IQ will remain the same no matter what you try to persuade the public with your vitriolic rhetoric. I only answered the intelligence quotient question because someone here questioned my sanity/cognitive abilities.I'm not attacking you personally nor have I ever if you read the full text of these 595 pages, yet you launch a full-frontal assault herein. And in reference to my medications, it only shows a blind and willful ignorance and stupidity on your part--those medications only seek to heal the hypothalamus located in the very center of the brain involving the complex chemistry of emotion--not those degrees of cognitive awareness or any other ability. I have since moved on from here but most of you out there really have no inkling where my future domain likely lies or will lie. I have gone through a transformative and therapeutic catharsis here over the past seven years and I'm ready to take this insight onto the next levels. Don't laugh. Do any of you out there really know or are aware of what the future portends?
I think we all take comments sometimes too serious. Can't we relax a little? My comments were tongue in cheek, generally good natured. Okay, you have a great day and wish you well with your "new" life.
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12168 Jan 26, 2014
Conscientious Objector wrote:
The Kingman Daily miner reported that Rhodes intends to farm 40,000 of the 80,000 acres here. Right now he is drilling wells and using water like crazy. First in time is first in right. Las Vegas gets 80% of their water from Lake Mead. Each year they use more water from the lake than what can be replenished. Kingman Arizona doesn't rely on Colorado River water. We have a few large aquifers here that can handle a huge population. Therefore I think the whole reason Rhodes is here and getting the water rights established is to get ready for the huge influx of Vegas residents once their water runs out. You don't have to believe me, look into it, it may be sooner than you think.
An added benefit is if you farm the land you get a tax exemption. Instead of paying high property taxes you will pay like 10 cents per acre. The same goes with ranchers. I'm researching this and will report later. With Rhodes paying less and less in taxes the rest of the residents taxes will go up to account for that shortfall. 80,000 acres is probably about a third of the private land held in Mohave County.
Rhodes farming does concern me and first come water rights but buying raw land has always been a gamble. He has the dough, he has the knowledge to make the most of his investments. We are basically along for the ride?
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12169 Jan 26, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
Okay, I was harsh. I will say all of us that have land in GV area appreciate your comments and really I am sure are very bright and intellectual. Hope you continue to post.
mikey007

San Juan Capistrano, CA

#12170 Jan 26, 2014
Hello, Irvine. I'm in southern California all this week but will make a drive-by at Pravada next Saturday and eyeball the current situation. I'll get back to you all with my assessment.
mikey007

San Juan Capistrano, CA

#12171 Jan 27, 2014
I'm also going to talk to several realtors in the Kingman area about Rhodes' future prospects. I'm expediting my travel schedule back to Flag. Will get back to you here by this Thursday.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12172 Jan 30, 2014
I drove by the Pravada development yesterday afternoon. Almost all of the palm trees have been topped from the Aztec entrance and no construction trucks can be found there. In the same area where the model homes are is a relatively new 10,000 square foot two-story green building that apparently houses the administrative offices of Kingman farms. Stretching to the west from that point is hundreds of farming acres now all lying fallow. I'm sure Rhodes received at least a 75% overall reduction in his yearly property taxes from switching to an agricultural zoning status from a residential one. I visited a few realtors' offices on Stockton Hill Rd. in Kingman and their overall consensus seemd to be that Rhodes would commence his building activites within 2-3 years from now. They are currently getting a few buyers for Golden Valley properties from people who work in Laughlin and this should continue if Laughlin adds more jobs to the mix.
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12173 Jan 30, 2014
Golden Valley was one giant scam.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
texico in fort mohave Aug 28 Tootsie 3
Review: Automotive PRO-Supply Inc (Aug '13) Aug 28 Alafia14 7
What do you do when a Drug Dealer lives next do... (Apr '10) Aug 27 anti-snitch and v... 50
Review: Family Dentistry By Design Aug 27 Starfromlvnv 1
Blue Water Moving Co Aug 26 Rebecca 3
Kingman dreams of landing Tesla battery plant Aug 22 Solarman 3
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Aug 21 Bee Real 57
•••
•••
Golden Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Golden Valley Jobs

•••