STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#12166 Jan 25, 2014
Does anyone know the status of the former Pravada? What's Rhodes up to?
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12167 Jan 26, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
Villa man, I read through all your diatribe and you never addressed the surplus issue of last December. The facts are out there bonehead. You just have to know where to look. I must be pretty important here regardless of my financial status if you direct four critiques at me within 24 hours. My IQ will remain the same no matter what you try to persuade the public with your vitriolic rhetoric. I only answered the intelligence quotient question because someone here questioned my sanity/cognitive abilities.I'm not attacking you personally nor have I ever if you read the full text of these 595 pages, yet you launch a full-frontal assault herein. And in reference to my medications, it only shows a blind and willful ignorance and stupidity on your part--those medications only seek to heal the hypothalamus located in the very center of the brain involving the complex chemistry of emotion--not those degrees of cognitive awareness or any other ability. I have since moved on from here but most of you out there really have no inkling where my future domain likely lies or will lie. I have gone through a transformative and therapeutic catharsis here over the past seven years and I'm ready to take this insight onto the next levels. Don't laugh. Do any of you out there really know or are aware of what the future portends?
I think we all take comments sometimes too serious. Can't we relax a little? My comments were tongue in cheek, generally good natured. Okay, you have a great day and wish you well with your "new" life.
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12168 Jan 26, 2014
Conscientious Objector wrote:
The Kingman Daily miner reported that Rhodes intends to farm 40,000 of the 80,000 acres here. Right now he is drilling wells and using water like crazy. First in time is first in right. Las Vegas gets 80% of their water from Lake Mead. Each year they use more water from the lake than what can be replenished. Kingman Arizona doesn't rely on Colorado River water. We have a few large aquifers here that can handle a huge population. Therefore I think the whole reason Rhodes is here and getting the water rights established is to get ready for the huge influx of Vegas residents once their water runs out. You don't have to believe me, look into it, it may be sooner than you think.
An added benefit is if you farm the land you get a tax exemption. Instead of paying high property taxes you will pay like 10 cents per acre. The same goes with ranchers. I'm researching this and will report later. With Rhodes paying less and less in taxes the rest of the residents taxes will go up to account for that shortfall. 80,000 acres is probably about a third of the private land held in Mohave County.
Rhodes farming does concern me and first come water rights but buying raw land has always been a gamble. He has the dough, he has the knowledge to make the most of his investments. We are basically along for the ride?
villa man

Forestville, CA

#12169 Jan 26, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
Villa man, I read through all your diatribe and you never addressed the surplus issue of last December. The facts are out there bonehead. You just have to know where to look. I must be pretty important here regardless of my financial status if you direct four critiques at me within 24 hours. My IQ will remain the same no matter what you try to persuade the public with your vitriolic rhetoric. I only answered the intelligence quotient question because someone here questioned my sanity/cognitive abilities.I'm not attacking you personally nor have I ever if you read the full text of these 595 pages, yet you launch a full-frontal assault herein. And in reference to my medications, it only shows a blind and willful ignorance and stupidity on your part--those medications only seek to heal the hypothalamus located in the very center of the brain involving the complex chemistry of emotion--not those degrees of cognitive awareness or any other ability. I have since moved on from here but most of you out there really have no inkling where my future domain likely lies or will lie. I have gone through a transformative and therapeutic catharsis here over the past seven years and I'm ready to take this insight onto the next levels. Don't laugh. Do any of you out there really know or are aware of what the future portends?
Okay, I was harsh. I will say all of us that have land in GV area appreciate your comments and really I am sure are very bright and intellectual. Hope you continue to post.
mikey007

San Juan Capistrano, CA

#12170 Jan 26, 2014
Hello, Irvine. I'm in southern California all this week but will make a drive-by at Pravada next Saturday and eyeball the current situation. I'll get back to you all with my assessment.
mikey007

San Juan Capistrano, CA

#12171 Jan 27, 2014
I'm also going to talk to several realtors in the Kingman area about Rhodes' future prospects. I'm expediting my travel schedule back to Flag. Will get back to you here by this Thursday.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12172 Jan 30, 2014
I drove by the Pravada development yesterday afternoon. Almost all of the palm trees have been topped from the Aztec entrance and no construction trucks can be found there. In the same area where the model homes are is a relatively new 10,000 square foot two-story green building that apparently houses the administrative offices of Kingman farms. Stretching to the west from that point is hundreds of farming acres now all lying fallow. I'm sure Rhodes received at least a 75% overall reduction in his yearly property taxes from switching to an agricultural zoning status from a residential one. I visited a few realtors' offices on Stockton Hill Rd. in Kingman and their overall consensus seemd to be that Rhodes would commence his building activites within 2-3 years from now. They are currently getting a few buyers for Golden Valley properties from people who work in Laughlin and this should continue if Laughlin adds more jobs to the mix.
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12173 Jan 30, 2014
Golden Valley was one giant scam.
Mohave County

Kingman, AZ

#12174 Jan 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
Golden Valley was one giant scam.
Just pay your prop tax.

thanks.
upinmiddleofstre et

United States

#12175 Jan 31, 2014
I know this sounds crazy but im in the middle of the development deal and am almost ready to jump ship. Im a single woman and heard the entire area is coupled down to the point where its not even worth it... dont want another celebate rope home. So if that's the case ide eather take the money and jump now and move to Europe. Please heads me up.
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12176 Jan 31, 2014
Jump !
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12177 Jan 31, 2014
Mohave County wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pay your prop tax.
thanks.
I have to, it's part of the scam.
Dan

Bloomfield, NJ

#12178 Jan 31, 2014
Mohave County wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pay your prop tax.
thanks.
Let me ask you this. If my Parcel is south of the Oatman Highway, has no structure, no power and no water. Why do they even make you pay tax?) Not including the scam part).
jim

Kingman, AZ

#12179 Feb 1, 2014
The land has almost no value if it is just a few acres. Your taxes should be low. If they are not you should contest them.

There are many lots that no one pays the taxes on and no one will bid on at the tax sale. The county is in the process of canceling the back taxes on many of them to get them sold. That process is not cheap for the county.

Sell the land buy gold or an index fund and twice a year buy more equal to what your taxes would be. In 10 years you will have more than the guy who bought your land
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#12180 Feb 1, 2014
mikey007 wrote:
I drove by the Pravada development yesterday afternoon. Almost all of the palm trees have been topped from the Aztec entrance and no construction trucks can be found there. In the same area where the model homes are is a relatively new 10,000 square foot two-story green building that apparently houses the administrative offices of Kingman farms. Stretching to the west from that point is hundreds of farming acres now all lying fallow. I'm sure Rhodes received at least a 75% overall reduction in his yearly property taxes from switching to an agricultural zoning status from a residential one. I visited a few realtors' offices on Stockton Hill Rd. in Kingman and their overall consensus seemd to be that Rhodes would commence his building activites within 2-3 years from now. They are currently getting a few buyers for Golden Valley properties from people who work in Laughlin and this should continue if Laughlin adds more jobs to the mix.
Thanks a bunch, Mikey, for following through on your promise and for the report. Maybe there's a silver lining to the cloud after all.
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12181 Feb 3, 2014
Thanks, Irvine. I, too, will continue to believe in Rhodes' future projects and prospects.
Conscientious Objector

Kingman, AZ

#12182 Feb 5, 2014
Think about this. There isn't one project that Rhodes has finished or hasn't lost to a bankruptcy. Imagine having a subdivision named after you that you started, Rhodes Ranch, and not even having it in your name still and having to start a spinoff company Harmony Homes.

Just like many of us he got in way over his head in the slowdown in the economy but everyone on here is way to optimistic to think he is going to turn this around by himself.

Think about all the food he planted in Golden Valley and it froze without even having a chance to mature. A sane person wouldn't do this, planting late in the season and knowing winter is coming. I'm surprised that any of his hired hands didn't tell him that it wasn't a good idea. But even if they did he won't listen. Plus none of them work there long enough to have a say in anything anyway. Research his turnover rate. It obviously isn't his money to risk. I don't know how or where he is drumming up the farming money (USDA grants?)

It's time that people on here and in Golden Valley not rely on one person with a dismal track record to increase the value of their property. You want it to be worth more then go out there and work the property. Plant trees, extend the water, and power. Drill a well if you have to. You spent too much on it? Then sell your overpriced tract home in the big city you are in and move here. Stop trying to get on the gravy train behind one person and do something for yourself.
Conscientious Objector

Kingman, AZ

#12183 Feb 5, 2014
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/oct/19/t...

No wonder he is in Mohave County, there isn't any master planned community he could even do in Vegas. No one there would have it!
mikey007

Flagstaff, AZ

#12184 Feb 5, 2014
Kingman, Rhodes grew his limited crops solely in order to get the land rezoned agricultural. He was not in the least concerned with his vegetable profit. He saved well over $70,000 yearly in property taxes and probably doesn't have to plant again for another five years at least. He and his well-educated legal and property advisers know full well what they are doing and planning.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12185 Feb 5, 2014
Conscientious Objector wrote:
Think about this. There isn't one project that Rhodes has finished or hasn't lost to a bankruptcy. Imagine having a subdivision named after you that you started, Rhodes Ranch, and not even having it in your name still and having to start a spinoff company Harmony Homes.
Just like many of us he got in way over his head in the slowdown in the economy but everyone on here is way to optimistic to think he is going to turn this around by himself.
Think about all the food he planted in Golden Valley and it froze without even having a chance to mature. A sane person wouldn't do this, planting late in the season and knowing winter is coming. I'm surprised that any of his hired hands didn't tell him that it wasn't a good idea. But even if they did he won't listen. Plus none of them work there long enough to have a say in anything anyway. Research his turnover rate. It obviously isn't his money to risk. I don't know how or where he is drumming up the farming money (USDA grants?)
It's time that people on here and in Golden Valley not rely on one person with a dismal track record to increase the value of their property. You want it to be worth more then go out there and work the property. Plant trees, extend the water, and power. Drill a well if you have to. You spent too much on it? Then sell your overpriced tract home in the big city you are in and move here. Stop trying to get on the gravy train behind one person and do something for yourself.
I agree that a whole town cannot depend on one person, but by looking at the region as a whole, Golden valley has a lot to offer as far as weather, recreation, cost of living, and being within 2 hours of a major airport. It will take a few years for economy to improve. The Kingman housing market is already improving. Other areas of Arizona and Las Vegas are becoming too expensive.
Whether Rhodes builds or does not build, I think the long term outlook is positive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking about moving here 7 hr Shari 1 3
Kingman's Drug Dealers & Drug User List (Aug '07) Feb 22 JamesD 109
In need of pain relief Feb 22 JamesD 1
Rhodes Development? (Jun '14) Feb 21 Bill j 3
adriana Feb 13 jimmy 1
911Vape4Less.com Feb 10 Christine 10
vapor e cigarette (Jan '14) Feb 10 Christine 9
Golden Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web