Rhodes Development
Realist

United States

#12100 Nov 15, 2013
55oFNow, Brian, and everyone else, any idea(s) as to how we can put our resources together and do something in this area? or in Kingman? I'm tired of waiting for someone else to do something for all our benefit.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12101 Nov 15, 2013
Realist, I think we are pretty much stuck with our positions until Rhodes starts building. He hasn't even laid the water and sewer pipes down yet or built his water treatment plant. I am, though, going to try to get Mohave County next year to blade clean one mile of Yuma Rd. near my acreage. Perhaps there is some way to make this blog site more widely known to the outlying metro areas or the internet in general; possibly prime the major search engines.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12102 Nov 15, 2013
Realist wrote:
55oFNow, Brian, and everyone else, any idea(s) as to how we can put our resources together and do something in this area? or in Kingman? I'm tired of waiting for someone else to do something for all our benefit.
Not selling any of our property is a start. We have to wait out this rough period and not panic or give up. I have been trying to protect our investments by politely countering any negativity that comes up on this site. I also have discussed the area with family and friends so each of us can help by doing our own marketing. What would really help the area for now is a supermarket or grocery store but I don't have the money to open one.
Realist

United States

#12103 Nov 15, 2013
Agree with you guys. I'm going to hold on till some development occurs. A supermarket would be nice and it would help spurt development. Having Mohave County blade Yuma Rd would be another nice addition.

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

#12104 Nov 16, 2013
Here is a suggestion that can have a major impact on the area and spur growth in the area around Shinarump and I-40. The state and federal government is looking to create a new interstate highway between Phoenix and Las Vegas. It has been narrowed down to 2 options, the existing route of 93 to I40 about 21 miles east of Kingman than exiting on or near Beale St. to 93 in Golden Valley north to Las Vegas or the alternative which will cut approximately 30 miles by altering the route in Wikeiup at Chicken Springs Rd. and connecting to Alamo Road on the west side of the Hualapai Mtn. range and merging with I40 in Yucca where the commercial traffic would routed to pass by the all the industrial zoning at the Griffith and Shinarump exits. This would turn that area into the crossroads between East-West and North-West commercial traffic from the various metropolitan hubs.
That would in turn spur Rhodes to move forward with Pravada. Kingman wants the existing route because they depend on the sales taxes that the added traffic provides. But enough voices speak out for this alternative route, it will have a major impact on the areas that we all care most about,
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12105 Nov 17, 2013
Desert Rat, when is the decision ultimately going to be made on the two options? Is there going to be a hearing process locally in Kingman soon?

Yucca, AZ

#12106 Nov 17, 2013
55oFNow wrote:
Desert Rat, when is the decision ultimately going to be made on the two options? Is there going to be a hearing process locally in Kingman soon?
They held meetings in Phoenix and Las Vegas last month. I found this site; http://i11study.com/wp/ where you can post comments. They presently reviewing all options. Personally I believe the Yucca option is being backed by the County. They've been wanting to turn the property along I40 between Golden Valley and the California border into an Industrial Corridor and relocate the townsite of Yucca out along Alamo Rd.
Just about all tha land along that section of Alamo Rd. is privately owned and within the Santa Fe Ranch Property Association. My 40 acre parcel sits probably 1 mile west of Alamo Rd. and less than 2 miles north of where Chicken Springs Rd. meets Alamo.
The biggest issues to this route will be in Wikieup where the Elementary schools and several homes sit right up against the existing dirt road as well as the Bar S ranch which also sits right off of Chicken Springs Rd and covers approximately 70,000 acres. Then there will be many unhappy hunters since the section of Chicken Springs most closet to Alamo Rd. is probably the most popular quail hunting location in all of Mohave County and it's probably has the most dense growth of Joshua tress in the entire state. I wouldnt my property alone has over a 1000 on it with just as many junipers. So I know there will be very many unhappy property owners, but this route makes the most sense being the most direct and economically for what it can do in bringing transportation together from all directions in one location.
Hopefully if enough of us voice our opinions we can have an effect. They say this part of it is a 2 year process. I am not sure when it started but I know about 2 years ago I attended a meeting they had on the options of the transition to Beale St.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12107 Nov 19, 2013
It will be about 20 to 30 years before I-11 is finally built. There are no funds right now. They have been talking about South Mountain Loop in Phoenix since 1985 and still there is no date for construction.

I don't see I-11 being a factor on when Rhodes will build. He is just waiting for more improvement in the economy.

Yucca, AZ

#12108 Nov 20, 2013
Brian wrote:
It will be about 20 to 30 years before I-11 is finally built. There are no funds right now. They have been talking about South Mountain Loop in Phoenix since 1985 and still there is no date for construction.

I don't see I-11 being a factor on when Rhodes will build. He is just waiting for more improvement in the economy.
South Mountain Loop is a local issue that adds little benefit to us on a regional issue. Of course it hasn't gone anywhere. Who would want to spend state and national tax dollars on something like that as compared to I11 which will eventually go from the Mexican to Canadian borders! Are you seriously trying to put the 2 as equal comparisons.
And to think Rhodes doesnt care you must not know much about why he was buying up land in Noethern Arizona in the first place.
First, most of all private land around Vegas is developed and what isn't was so pricey it made normal developments impossible. He came to northern Arizona because of the cheap land, proximity to Las Vegas, the new I11 freeway and industrial cooridor bringing in people like WalMart and Nike starting a major distribution hub in the area.
You seriously think he was creating Pravada and depending solely on baby boomers. All you would have is another Yucca in twenty to thirty years. On offense to us boomers but we won't sustain a community. We will buy and enjoy for 20-30 years, then die off. Then What? Ghost town. You need to sustain the community with jobs and that is what Rhodes coming to the area. Those businesses saw what was coming due to I11 not because of Rhodes and just because there is not funding right now doesn't mean anything. It is wanted by many politicians and that is what matters. Create the desire and the funding will be there. They've already have added the desire for a high speed rail for the same route. Once the study is complete I will guarantee the funding will follow.
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12109 Nov 20, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden Valley is not dead. It appear that the market is not yet ready for solar power. The attempt to build a solar power plant in Laughlin also died due to lack of commitments from utility companies.
Mohave County will continue to grow and Pravada will be developed in a few years when values go up and unemployment drops.
Solid reply,, thank you.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12110 Nov 20, 2013
Below is a link to an article confirming my 20 year timeline estimate:

study - take 2 years
funding - unsure but guessing another 2 years
construction - 10 to 15 yrs (on bottom of article)
delays always occur - another year

At best, 15 years. I believe most of us on the site only have 5 to 10 years, which is my focus.

Regarding the comment about baby boomers dying: I doubt Rhodes cares once he sells his homes.

Interstate I-11 is important but it will not be done anytime soon. It is the location, the amenities, the demographics, and cheap land that will help our investment in the next 5 to 10 years, or sooner

http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...
Realist

Orange, CA

#12111 Nov 21, 2013
Brian wrote:
Below is a link to an article confirming my 20 year timeline estimate:
study - take 2 years
funding - unsure but guessing another 2 years
construction - 10 to 15 yrs (on bottom of article)
delays always occur - another year
At best, 15 years. I believe most of us on the site only have 5 to 10 years, which is my focus.
Regarding the comment about baby boomers dying: I doubt Rhodes cares once he sells his homes.
Interstate I-11 is important but it will not be done anytime soon. It is the location, the amenities, the demographics, and cheap land that will help our investment in the next 5 to 10 years, or sooner
http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...
Thanks Brian. Good information brought forward.
Realist 2

Long Beach, CA

#12112 Nov 22, 2013
Haven't seen this many posts since 2008. But 10-15 years I haven't got that much time. Rather just sell my 3 parcels ASAP. Own land near Shinarump and Apache. Should be worth something now. Bought all parcels for $8500 in 1991. Tired of holding.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12113 Nov 22, 2013
10 - 15 years to construct i-11. However, the market should improve much sooner; 3 to 5 years. I wouldn't sell now because you would be short changing yourself.
funny

Bullhead City, AZ

#12114 Nov 23, 2013
lololol

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12115 Nov 24, 2013
so anyone in on the new Kingman farms install over off stockton hill rd about mile marker 22? buckhorn road then around the mountain???? looks like he is planting 2000 acres over here.....
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12116 Nov 24, 2013
Lets say you hire a land consultant to find you a good deal. He calls you and tells you he found something. The property is actually owned by a local realtor. You find they've partnered on other deals as well. Isn't that contradiction of interest?
Bill

Kingman, AZ

#12117 Nov 24, 2013
I have never heard of hiring a land consultant.

I think you may be telling a tall tale.

Who are you setting up for a fall?
Realist

United States

#12118 Nov 25, 2013
Realist 2 wrote:
Haven't seen this many posts since 2008. But 10-15 years I haven't got that much time. Rather just sell my 3 parcels ASAP. Own land near Shinarump and Apache. Should be worth something now. Bought all parcels for $8500 in 1991. Tired of holding.
Interesting that you would use almost the exact same name as I do, and that you are attempting or appear to have an ulterior motive with you statement. what is your parcel number?
Realist 2

Long Beach, CA

#12119 Nov 25, 2013
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would use almost the exact same name as I do, and that you are attempting or appear to have an ulterior motive with you statement. what is your parcel number?
Why you need parcel numbers???? Don't really know why I picked that name. Must of just stuck out. Could change it for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl murdered by uncle in kingman motel. (Jun '06) Nov 14 None 54
krmc Nov 3 vock canyon 1
Freeway Interchanges Nov 3 vock canyon 1
property taxes Nov 3 vock canyon 3
News What should be done about Oatman's burros? (Jan '17) Nov 3 vockcanyon 3
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area (Apr '17) Nov 3 lonfu 4
News Cool Springs Camp needs new caretakers Nov 3 lonfu 2

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance