Rhodes Development

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

#12077 Nov 6, 2013
Realist wrote:
In reading the Kingman Daily Miner article concerning the Silverado Master Plan Community project being turndown, did anyone hear or know what the status on the 2nd issue concernng the Solar project in that area?
Dont believe they ever locked in a buyer for their electricity. All these projects are contingent on finding Utility Companies to buy their energy and they have all met their government imposed quotas. Without the subsidies solar is an expensive source of energy and not worth buying for utility companies.
Such a shame about Silverado. They started by building 10 to 20 Michael C. Daily Southwestern designed homes on eastern side of the Haulapai Mtns. then scrapping it for a solar plant to where they are now.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12078 Nov 6, 2013
Realist, I Googled "Albiasa solar plant-Kingman" but found no recent articles concerning this venture. As the KdMiner article states, their zoning extension request expires sometime next year if they want to act on it. They have yet to apply through the ACC approval process. As Desert Rat states, there is no present local need for additional electricity. If the Rhodes development eventually gets going in high gear, look for this operation to start-up once again(maybe).
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12079 Nov 6, 2013
Albiasa had a 200 mega-watt project in the works here. One mega-watt is enough to power 1,000 homes for one full year. You can do the math and find that that's enough to provide for 200,000 future homes in the region. I can see why they're dumping the project under the present economic circumstances.
Realist

United States

#12080 Nov 7, 2013
Thank you for the info 55oFNow and Desert Rat I. Glad you guys are on top of things. Thanks again guys.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12081 Nov 7, 2013
Thanks,Realist. Have an enjoyable and productive day and "Go Ducks! Beat Stanford!"
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12082 Nov 8, 2013
OK. so Golden Valley is dead..
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12083 Nov 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
OK. so Golden Valley is dead..
Golden Valley is not dead. It appear that the market is not yet ready for solar power. The attempt to build a solar power plant in Laughlin also died due to lack of commitments from utility companies.

Mohave County will continue to grow and Pravada will be developed in a few years when values go up and unemployment drops.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12084 Nov 8, 2013
Below is article on update of Vegas market. Eventually the price pressure over there will spill over to Golden Valley

"Las Vegas home prices rising again after brief dip

The median sales price of previously owned single-family homes in Southern Nevada last month was $185,000, up 3 percent from September and 32 percent from October 2012, according to a new report from the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors.

Prices had slipped 1 percent in September from August, marking the first time in almost two years that Las Vegas home prices fell from the previous month.

In a prepared statement, GLVAR President Dave Tina said he would not be surprised if home prices dip again this year, as “prices and sales usually cool off along with the weather.”

Las Vegas was ground zero for the housing crash last decade, but prices have been soaring at one of the fastest rates nationally this year amid limited inventory and strong demand from investors, who have been snapping up cheap homes to turn into rentals."
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12085 Nov 11, 2013
This should throw a big monkey wrench into the Rhodes' building-timetable equation:

"Unsustainable home appreciation will slow in 2014 and beyond, experts predict."

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/experts-predict-u... -
home-value-appreciation-slow-2 014-152423293.html
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12086 Nov 11, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
This should throw a big monkey wrench into the Rhodes' building-timetable equation:
"Unsustainable home appreciation will slow in 2014 and beyond, experts predict."
http://homes.yahoo.com/news/experts-predict-u... -
home-value-appreciation-slow-2 014-152423293.html
I strongly doubt it, especially since homes in Kingman area have not appreciated at a rapid pace. Housing prices are still well below their peak in 2006. It is well expected for a temporary slowdown to occur. There will be pent up demand. I would expect him to build in 2 or 3 years.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12087 Nov 11, 2013
Brian, I think there will still be a sufficient overflow of baby boomers retiring and wanting to leave the big cities regardless of the rate of appreciation or buildup of their equities. I tend to agree with you on the timetable you displayed here and certainly hope that it is so.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12088 Nov 11, 2013
Brian, I think that there will still be a sufficient overflow of baby boomers retiring from the big cities regardless of the rate of appreciation or amounts of their equities. I tend to agree with your assessment of the timetable and certainly hope that this turns out to be true.
Realist

United States

#12090 Nov 13, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Brian, I think that there will still be a sufficient overflow of baby boomers retiring from the big cities regardless of the rate of appreciation or amounts of their equities. I tend to agree with your assessment of the timetable and certainly hope that this turns out to be true.
Hey 45oFNow and Brian, someone used my name (Realist) to make a negative remark 13 hours ago. It's their opinion, but they should be man enough to use their own trade name versus someone else. Just want everyone to know on this board that there is person who just wants to make some trouble among others. He should be banded from being able to post on this board unless he or she uses their own name
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12092 Nov 13, 2013
There are plenty of people who come on this sight to create turmoil in the hope of getting land at a cheaper price.

In a prior comment, I mentioned to the person that the market is not yet ready for solar energy, using Laughlin as an example.

As Vegas is recovering, it will take some time till it spreads to the Kingman-Golden Valley area.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12093 Nov 13, 2013
Realist (in LA), I've had that happen to me over the course of these 593 pages. I didn't think that was you because that person used high-caps. I have a good idea who that person was, but will not state it here at this time. Have a good day. The evolving demographics are still working in Rhodes' favor regardless of the present economic circumstances.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12094 Nov 13, 2013
Realist, I see on www.LaTimes.com that the rents for that metropolitan area are currently 6% higher already than the pre-recession year of 2008. That factor alone over the course of the next few years should force some of the boomers into this desert area.
Realist

United States

#12095 Nov 13, 2013
55oFNow wrote:
Realist, I see on www.LaTimes.com that the rents for that metropolitan area are currently 6% higher already than the pre-recession year of 2008. That factor alone over the course of the next few years should force some of the boomers into this desert area.
You are correct 55oFNow. Rents have been going up here in the L.A. area and should continue as this economy gets more traction. Good eye in spotting the "capital" letters on the phony mailer.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12096 Nov 13, 2013
Realist, one thing about the LA, Orange County and Las Vegas metropolitan areas--there's no more available vacant land on which to build! That fact alone will force future homeowners outward away from this sometimes chaotic random-moving faceless diaspora.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12097 Nov 13, 2013
Also, Phoenix is starting to get expensive again. Other popular retirement communities such as Sedona and Prescott are already expensive, as well as Flagstaff. Kingman-Golden Valley is the last affordable area for retirees that is within 2 hours of a major airport.
Realist

United States

#12098 Nov 14, 2013
Brian wrote:
Also, Phoenix is starting to get expensive again. Other popular retirement communities such as Sedona and Prescott are already expensive, as well as Flagstaff. Kingman-Golden Valley is the last affordable area for retirees that is within 2 hours of a major airport.
Brian, both 55oFNow and yourself are correct about baby boomers and their desire to be within a reasonable range between themselves and a large metropolis, along with the shortage of land in other states such as CA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kingman's Drug Dealers & Drug User List (Aug '07) Jul 16 Loggerblogger 119
moving to Bullhead City (Jan '10) Jul 15 mewilson66 72
Review: Automotive PRO-Supply Inc (Aug '13) Jul 13 Mximus 11
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Jul 12 flash bang 68
News Road construction coming to Kingman and Golden ... Jul 10 Victoriaarrowood 1
News Breaking bread, sharing peace: Mosque hosts cle... Jul 9 Muslim Hunter 7
News Arizona authorities say 3 missing women met sam... Jul 3 Dog 3

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages