Rhodes Development
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12057 Oct 31, 2013
Brian, first, thanks for your objective comments. This area still holds great potential. I saw the handwriting on the wall some eight years ago when I bought my lot. The demographics will ultimately work in our favor. We all might disagree as to when the exact time that it comes to its substantive fruition, but it will inexorably come. Mark this--there are only a handful of select sun-haven-rich retirement subdivisions in the process of being developed now and a large segment of the baby-boomers nationwide long for a yearly sun-drenched environment to live out their last years in relative peace. Rhodes and his financial advisers are surely aware of this. When the right time comes, look for a major concerted marketing effort to get underway from his able staff. He probably only has to market the southern California area, Phoenix and nearby Las Vegas to get more than half of his future clientele. Wait patiently for the home equities to gradually appreciate in these major metropolitan areas, like they are presently doing, and rest assured, Rhodes will finally act. Older people like living in a protected living bubble and Pravada will certainly be that unique one.
Realist

United States

#12058 Nov 1, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Brian, first, thanks for your objective comments. This area still holds great potential. I saw the handwriting on the wall some eight years ago when I bought my lot. The demographics will ultimately work in our favor. We all might disagree as to when the exact time that it comes to its substantive fruition, but it will inexorably come. Mark this--there are only a handful of select sun-haven-rich retirement subdivisions in the process of being developed now and a large segment of the baby-boomers nationwide long for a yearly sun-drenched environment to live out their last years in relative peace. Rhodes and his financial advisers are surely aware of this. When the right time comes, look for a major concerted marketing effort to get underway from his able staff. He probably only has to market the southern California area, Phoenix and nearby Las Vegas to get more than half of his future clientele. Wait patiently for the home equities to gradually appreciate in these major metropolitan areas, like they are presently doing, and rest assured, Rhodes will finally act. Older people like living in a protected living bubble and Pravada will certainly be that unique one.
Good comment 45oFNow
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12059 Nov 1, 2013
Thanks, Realist. I'm in this project heart-and- soul and will wait however long it takes to see this project through to its rightful conclusion. How is it there now in LA (and particularly LAX)?
I think that there are already enough older and wiser boomers in that area that will say, "Enough is enough here! I'm tired of living in this highly- constrained living environment and all the attendant problems that go along with it and want out! Give me a place where I can see all the stars at night once again so that I can feel closer to Heaven in my old age!"
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12060 Nov 1, 2013
Realist, after gathering the bits of information on the LAX shootings this past hour, I can honestly say that this is a "watershed moment" for the LA metropolitan area. It perhaps tips at the psychological "balance or threshold" of feeling safe in such a densely populated area. In spite of such heavy police presence in the nation's third largest airport, the gunman was able to break security and target specific TSA agents. In such an open environment here, hundreds of people were not safe. We all might look back at this one year from now and consider this a minor incident, but I don't think so. This brazen act only expedites, hastens or quickens the advent of Pravada building in earnest.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12061 Nov 1, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Realist, after gathering the bits of information on the LAX shootings this past hour, I can honestly say that this is a "watershed moment" for the LA metropolitan area. It perhaps tips at the psychological "balance or threshold" of feeling safe in such a densely populated area. In spite of such heavy police presence in the nation's third largest airport, the gunman was able to break security and target specific TSA agents. In such an open environment here, hundreds of people were not safe. We all might look back at this one year from now and consider this a minor incident, but I don't think so. This brazen act only expedites, hastens or quickens the advent of Pravada building in earnest.
That, and it appears that Vegas has already expanded up until the Hoover Dam. Between the Hoover Dam and Kingman there is nothing. I can ultimately see the Kingman area being an extension of Vegas, especially since the bypass has been completed a few years ago.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12062 Nov 1, 2013
Brian, I can also see in the not-too-distant future that the land rates of appreciation will finally reach toward an exponential level. The rates of appreciation will be much higher than the surrounding metropolitan areas and the eventual mass exodus will only feed this fire, once it gains a foothold. Rest assured, with the large number of criminals which possess AK-47's, all it will take will be a few more mass shootings in these areas before the exodus truly begins en- masse.
Realist

United States

#12063 Nov 1, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Can't disagree with you on that 45oFNow. I know I'm tired of the Los Angeles environment. Brian also makes a good point with Las Vegas. Hope all good things happen.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12064 Nov 1, 2013
Realist, can you see the tremendous ripple effects that one shooter had on the economy? Over 746 flights had to be diverted; many requiring overnight stays at other major cities. This one individual did a lot of permanent damage to the LA psyche and has caused a total nationwide reassessment of airport security. Maybe there will be a pause in this constant phrenetic activty of a big city and some real collective soul-searching will evolve out of this, but I have my doubts. Only a few will listen to the call.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12065 Nov 2, 2013
And I meant, initially, after this latest shooting incident. I think eventually, in the near future there will be other incidents; perhaps a major 6.8 earthquake in the Santa Barbara Channel that will eventually spur an exodus en masse from the major LA metropolitan area.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12066 Nov 2, 2013
We all will only have to wait until that large oil pool depletes to a critical "trigger volume/level" and it will be just like Moses leading his chosen elite/enlightened people across that mighty rapidly-engulfing Red Sea...(and by the way, Moses was well-aware of the times of the high and low-tides of that immediate region...).
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12067 Nov 3, 2013
I have been an avid reader of www.latimes.com for several years now (having been born the mid-winter of 1952 in the heart of downtown LA--Queen of Angels Hospital). I have noticed over the course of the past year that the LA Times has run increasingly numerous Arizona articles on its front page. This effort on their part definitely aids the cause of the eventual Pravada buildout.
villa man

Boise, ID

#12068 Nov 3, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Villa man, do me a favor... Phone in Jim Cramer on "Mad Money" and ask him, point blank, if he made the statement that most corporate CEO's prefer a Democratic House Majority come November, 2014. The real crux of the problem is that the only way you can make up for your ignorant deficiences is to resort to irrational behaviors and lying to boot. And when politics overlap economics, we're all here to learn whether you like it or not. The Democrats have always believed in real progress and that means forever pushing the envelope in regards to economic equality and equality of opportunity to all. Here's a question for you to ponder, villa man: How has The Second Law of Thermodynamics altered your personal perception of "the Deity" on this Halloween Day? Care to comment for us with any depth or detail?
@old54, yeah I get that,very cute but you are still off base. Some politics have little to do with our interests in GV. You like to preach the Democratic philosophy any chance you get.
You talk about durable goods, equities, commodities,etc like you are an economist. All that matters is when will they start building in GV. Commodities is related to GV expansion? Hardly.
There is nothing sophisticated about development in GV, it will happen but no one really knows when. When it starts it will go fast is my two cents.

Also, I believe the volume of distribution and peak concentrations of your medications have affected your neurotransmitters, again.
Do me a favor and ask Larry Krukow on CNBC who would be best for our economy? The fiscally responsible or spenders driving up the national debt. Spare me. Hollywood and Vine is your old hang out.

You offer so much bs I must get off of this blog. Try Docusate 250MG twice a day to clear your mind.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12069 Nov 3, 2013
One thing you're really right about, villa man, is that Hollywood & Vine is my foci in this lifetime and it goes back generations for that matter. And as for my neurotransmitters, you know very little about the normal levels of dopamine here and the elegant chemistry needed regarding their delicate and sensitive balances. Go ask former UCSB alum Michael Douglas about that regarding Katherine Zeta-Jones. One thing is certain though--no amount of medication can ultimately change one's inherent IQ. If it has been tested to be 135, chances are it will remain in that ratio for one's entire lifetime. You prove to us here that you are really off-base in your prescription knowledge. You're the real dummy here and as always.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12070 Nov 3, 2013
And on top of that, you have shed no light on my thermodynamic question.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12071 Nov 3, 2013
And on top of all that, docusate is an expensive specialty surfactant! It's a laxative and stool softener. Why would I want to pay good money for that when I can buy a bottle of magnesium for $5 that works even better?! And it doesn't even clear my head you stooge and liar.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12072 Nov 3, 2013
And all the while you are critizing me for my Democratic leanings, you are busy injecting your own Republican drivel with your next breath! What a hypocrite!
Dan

Ridgewood, NJ

#12073 Nov 3, 2013
I got conned into paying a fortune for a 2.25 just a little south of the Oatmen higkway (Kingman Trail)..Does anyone know if anything at all is going on out there?...anything at all.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12074 Nov 3, 2013
Villa man, there are strategic elements involved in developing Pravada at the most opportune moment. It involves a high level of sophistication by Rhodes' economic and marketing analysts, regardless of your view to the contrary. The nut-and-bolts of the situation involve the core demograpics of the boomer's rapidly increasing property equity accumulations among the neighboring metropolitan areas. Don't be such a simpleton and ignore these facts!
Realist

United States

#12075 Nov 6, 2013
In reading the Kingman Daily Miner article concerning the Silverado Master Plan Community project being turndown, did anyone hear or know what the status on the 2nd issue concernng the Solar project in that area?
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12076 Nov 6, 2013
It looks like the solar project is being abandoned in the short-term, realist. The lackluster economy is the culprit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my husband and the prostitute named ruby (May '11) Dec 5 Suck It Up People 24
Nurses Turn Me On Dec 5 Suck It Up People 1
Masturbation around grown ups should be legal .... Dec 5 Suck It Up People 1
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Nov 28 Cindy Kohli 71
buy a bra pam (Sep '14) Nov 28 No speaky 6518 7
Kingman's Drug Dealers & Drug User List (Aug '07) Nov 25 Nobody 122
Review: MID Valley Auto Center (Aug '13) Nov 20 Roger Rogers 3

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance