Rhodes Development
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Irvine, CA

#12037 Oct 26, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Santa Ana, it appears that the housing market is cooling, but in the long run, that may be a very good sign. The wages are remaining stagnant causing less demand. On the bright side, there is less propensity for a housing bubble to form. The structural indices are in place for a gradual incremental increase in housing value. I think that the baby-boom demographics (ie. over 10,000 baby-boomer retiring every DAY) favors such a unique locale as this sun-haven rich small desert. I'm in this for the long haul. I hope that you are, too.
I am too, but I still am interested in knowing what's going on in Pravada. I'd appreciate any information you have.
55oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12038 Oct 26, 2013
Santa Ana, every weekend I go to www.kdminer.com to catch up on the latest updates on the Rhodes' project. Rest assured, if Rhodes had started laying the water and sewer pipes, they would have reported it by now. As it stands, the latest news is that Kingman Farms has been clearing the land on the southern perimeter (near Aquarius and Centennial)and building slash-piles 10'x10'; allowing them to smolder overnight and disturbing many nearby neighbors with the excess smoke. Being a rural farming operation, Kingman Farms is not subject to the more stringent ADEQ rules of a nearby city.
With the present national housing construction rate down by over 40%, don't look for Rhodes to go vertical anytime soon. In fact, I'd give it another five years, at least.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12039 Oct 27, 2013
During the course of the next five years, I will not consider the Rhodes Development (or lack thereof) to be an albatross in any sense of the word. I would think that reasonable people would agree that a diversified investment portfolio would prevent such thinking. Quite the opposite is true--Pravada will have its heyday in due time when economic and demographic conditions warrant such a need for this development. It still remains Rhodes' number one building priorty project in Mohave County.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12040 Oct 27, 2013
55oFNow wrote:
Santa Ana, every weekend I go to www.kdminer.com to catch up on the latest updates on the Rhodes' project. Rest assured, if Rhodes had started laying the water and sewer pipes, they would have reported it by now. As it stands, the latest news is that Kingman Farms has been clearing the land on the southern perimeter (near Aquarius and Centennial)and building slash-piles 10'x10'; allowing them to smolder overnight and disturbing many nearby neighbors with the excess smoke. Being a rural farming operation, Kingman Farms is not subject to the more stringent ADEQ rules of a nearby city.
With the present national housing construction rate down by over 40%, don't look for Rhodes to go vertical anytime soon. In fact, I'd give it another five years, at least.
I would say 2 years. Lots of investors are on the sidelines due to uncertainty about our budget position. Next year there will be big congressional elections and most likely they will lead to one particular party. This will likely reduce the gridlock in congress and there should be a better idea where the budget is heading. When a good deal of the uncertainty is removed, investors will invest and employers will hire. By then this will be a good time for Rhodes to build.

Irvine, CA

#12041 Oct 27, 2013
55oFNow wrote:
Thank you, 55oFNow, for the update. I'll keep posing my question occasionally, as someone may have some news that's not reported in the Miner.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12042 Oct 28, 2013
Brian, I can hardly wait until November,2014, when voters dump 20 Tea Party House members in favor of Democrats giving Pelosi once again the House speakership. Better yet, run Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio or Chris Chistie against Hillary in 2016. I can hardly wait for the smoke to clear. Isn't any wonder why most corporate CEO's in this country favor Democrats in the majority come 2014?
villa man

Hesperia, CA

#12043 Oct 29, 2013
45ofthepast,
I would leave politics out of this blog. Certainly Nobamacare is anything to gloat about nor is a social democratic party IF you believe what made us a power was not a European style government. You dummy.
Please go back in your progressive political hole.
Big business hardly wants another democratic President if you ever listen to CBS business news channel.
Anyway, if you going to be an ignoramous and post political tripe, get it right. Obviously you only listen CNN for your vast knowledge. God help this country and please stay in Kingman...
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12044 Oct 29, 2013
Villa Man, Jim Cramer from "Mad Money" made that statement recently on national TV. Anyway, the Tea Baggers are anything but pro-business. They are anti-business and anti-government. Even half of the moderate Republicans agree with that statement. They should be tried for high treason and then summarily executed by a court of law. And anytime these politcal fools endanger my economic investments in this country, rest assured, I'm going to comment and comment in a forceful truthful fashion. I know where you're coming from--you're the one who doesn't believe in global warming. You ought to have your head examined.

Irvine, CA

#12045 Oct 30, 2013
villa man wrote:
45ofthepast,
I would leave politics out of this blog. Certainly Nobamacare is anything to gloat about nor is a social democratic party IF you believe what made us a power was not a European style government. You dummy.
Please go back in your progressive political hole.
Big business hardly wants another democratic President if you ever listen to CBS business news channel.
Anyway, if you going to be an ignoramous and post political tripe, get it right. Obviously you only listen CNN for your vast knowledge. God help this country and please stay in Kingman...
Funny how you start the post with "I would leave politics out of this blog" and then go on to discuss politics. Just saying ...
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12046 Oct 30, 2013
On top of that he calls me a dummy; yet he refuses to face the scientific facts regarding climate change and global warming. When one has an understanding of chemistry, physical chemistry, biology and physics, naturally one's perspective on what constitutes "the Diety" changes; yet this ignoramus invokes the help of the Diety in his very last plea to me. I've got news for you, villa man, I'm not only in Kingman, but I'm all over the internet in various strategic locations and will make my presence more strongly felt as time goes forward. And as for living in my "progressive hole," I think that it is a much better environment than the Lucerne Valley in San Bernardino County. What major universities do you have in that locale?
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12047 Oct 31, 2013
And I don't want to mislead all of you out there--the word is "Deity" on this Day Of All Hallow's Eve.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12048 Oct 31, 2013
All Hallows' Eve...yes it comes just once a year...pardon my misplaced apostrophe, pretzels.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12049 Oct 31, 2013
And villa man, I'm only going to be outraged here when foolish politicians do irreperable harm to this nation's economic future and my own. On the other hand, the Affordable Care Act saves this country hundreds of billions of dollars in the budget over the long-term, according to the CBO (Congressional Budget Office). The only ones standing to lose their insurance now are the holders of junk-insurance (ie.substandard coverage). You Republicans want to defend these pitiful junk-insurers.
villa man

Boise, ID

#12050 Oct 31, 2013
@SantaAna,45ofthen,
Your comments are inappropriate for this site and You piss me off AND Santa Ana man, you darn right I am going to counter his political comments. You must love living in the highest taxed state in the country? Regulations, taxes abound.

I disagree about 100% with 45ofthen in regards to politics. Of course, I hope he continues making relevant comments. That is what we are here for not political lessons.

Thanks to all and sorry about the dummy comment. I was incensed you would mention politics, again.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12051 Oct 31, 2013
Villa man, do me a favor... Phone in Jim Cramer on "Mad Money" and ask him, point blank, if he made the statement that most corporate CEO's prefer a Democratic House Majority come November, 2014. The real crux of the problem is that the only way you can make up for your ignorant deficiences is to resort to irrational behaviors and lying to boot. And when politics overlap economics, we're all here to learn whether you like it or not. The Democrats have always believed in real progress and that means forever pushing the envelope in regards to economic equality and equality of opportunity to all. Here's a question for you to ponder, villa man: How has The Second Law of Thermodynamics altered your personal perception of "the Deity" on this Halloween Day? Care to comment for us with any depth or detail?
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12052 Oct 31, 2013
Any body have any updated information regarding Pravada?
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12053 Oct 31, 2013
Any body have any updated information regarding Pravada or in the region?
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12054 Oct 31, 2013
Look for the labor market to remain flat for at least the next five years, regardless of the political embroglio in Washington. The lack of development in Pravada will surely reflect this. Corporations now sitting on large piles of cash will instead marshal their resources offshore and invest in countries where the rate of growth is much higher than this anemic country. The only saving grace for the future of Pravada will be that it tailors its need to a certain demographic segment of the population that does not rely on a job; instead it survives on savings, pensions and Social Security income. This segment will constitute over 60% of the future buyers into Pravada; myself included.
45oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12055 Oct 31, 2013
Sluggish retail sales (for durable goods and otherwise) over the next five years certainly won't spur job growth. It's a vicious cycle that will collectively perpetuate itself as far as the eye can see.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12056 Oct 31, 2013
45oFNow wrote:
Look for the labor market to remain flat for at least the next five years, regardless of the political embroglio in Washington. The lack of development in Pravada will surely reflect this. Corporations now sitting on large piles of cash will instead marshal their resources offshore and invest in countries where the rate of growth is much higher than this anemic country. The only saving grace for the future of Pravada will be that it tailors its need to a certain demographic segment of the population that does not rely on a job; instead it survives on savings, pensions and Social Security income. This segment will constitute over 60% of the future buyers into Pravada; myself included.
That is the demographic segment I am counting on when I decided to invest in that area. The baby boomers are retiring and considering the cost of living and what the area has to offer, I think the area has potential. People from more expensive areas can sell their homes, buy something in Pravada, and use the extra cash to survive. I may retire there myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area May 8 sparechange 2
Brothers Tire and Repair (May '15) May 5 Mark 5
Older Woman and Younger Men. Do long term relat... (May '15) May 1 sparechange 2
Are there any black people in kingman Az (Mar '15) Apr 29 SoNowYouKnow 9
John Eaton Apr 27 wish u never met me 1
John Eaton Apr 27 Crazy BITCJ 1
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Apr 27 North West 77

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages