Rhodes Development
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#11997 Sep 16, 2013
Below is an article about Vegas. Once they get further into their recovery, there will be more interest in Golden Valley. Perhaps that is when Rhodes will decide to build, as he is waiting for prices to climb.

"With sales climbing, Las Vegas’ home construction business had its best month of the year in August.

Southern Nevada builders sold 763 new homes last month, up 29 percent from August 2012 and the highest one-month total of the year, according to a new report from Las Vegas-based Home Builders Research.

The median sales price of August’s closings was $266,389, up 31 percent from a year earlier.

Builders have now sold 5,027 homes this year through August, up 60 percent from the same period last year.

They continue to ramp up construction plans, as well. Builders pulled 673 new-home permits last month, up 17 percent from August 2012.

A total of 5,057 new-home permits have now been pulled this year, up 26 percent from the same period in 2012, Home Builders Research President Dennis Smith reported.:"
KathyDDs

Fullerton, CA

#11998 Sep 16, 2013
PravadaNews com wrote:
PravadaNews.com
There is a long and patient waiting list for the incredible homes Rhodes is soon to build within the new city of PRAVADA -

His following consists of all types of buyers from all over the nation - Especially the Midwest & East -

Keep the good news coming!
70oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11999 Sep 18, 2013
Breaking News: No stimulus cut by the Fed---Fed keeps bond buying amount intact @$85 Billion. This means that the Fed sees the economy as not quite as robust enough to begin tapering.
Brian

Dublin, CA

#12000 Sep 18, 2013
KathyDDs wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a long and patient waiting list for the incredible homes Rhodes is soon to build within the new city of PRAVADA -
His following consists of all types of buyers from all over the nation - Especially the Midwest & East -
Keep the good news coming!
Any news on when he will start building?
Italian heat

Bologna, Italy

#12001 Sep 23, 2013
Golden Valley AZ is a nice area..Dont mind retiring there, if they build nice homes..
RattlesnakeRay

Bullhead City, AZ

#12002 Sep 27, 2013
I hope you fellas like Chickens. Because The silver fox is gonna build the worlds biggest chicken coop in the golden Valley. Jim will sell eggs, chickens and veggies to the new ChinaMart distribution enter.

You didn't really think he was growing those pickles to ship them hundreds of miles hisself, did you?
RattlesnakeRay

Bullhead City, AZ

#12003 Sep 27, 2013
Get ready for more busloads of illegals from Vegas. Maybe he will start housing them in tents like Sheriff Joe.
RattlesnakeRay

Bullhead City, AZ

#12004 Sep 27, 2013
In advance of team silver weasel attacking.

Farming, commercial construction, residential, etc is fine and dandy. Its the dishonesty that follows our good buddy and everyone associated him that folks need to be aware of.

Good luck dealing with deceitful people.

Since: Sep 13

Kingman, AZ

#12005 Sep 27, 2013
Is this true? Is there a source available? I had heard there was a pig farm being talked about somewhere in the area, but hadn't heard about chickens.
Realist

North Hollywood, CA

#12006 Sep 27, 2013
RattlesnakeRay wrote:
I hope you fellas like Chickens. Because The silver fox is gonna build the worlds biggest chicken coop in the golden Valley. Jim will sell eggs, chickens and veggies to the new ChinaMart distribution enter.
You didn't really think he was growing those pickles to ship them hundreds of miles hisself, did you?
Rattlesnake Ray, not sure what you mean by ChinaMart distribution center, but do agree with you that Rhodes is deceitful and wouldn't let people know what he really is planning. Went to visit the farm last week, and the manager made some statements that appear to be inaccurate and gave very little info. It appears that he was being discouraging on purpose and this would appear to fall in line that "Rhodes reads this Topix Board" and "Rhodes doesn't want anyone to know what he plans so misinformation is given." Rhodes only thinks of himself and not others. Don't want to give details on what was said as I don't want to help them spread what appears to be disingenuous news.
RattlesnakeRay

Kingman, AZ

#12007 Sep 27, 2013
Chinamart = That long forgotten WalMart distribution center will be built soon and JR will supply them with poultry and veggies and maybe bacon as well.

JR has always read this and has his minions trolling. I hope I didn't leak the news before it was suppose to leak.:)
RattlesnakeRay

Kingman, AZ

#12008 Sep 27, 2013
chickenchick wrote:
Is this true?.
I have a proven track record here of always being right and never wrong. That because I tell the truth with no deceit
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12009 Sep 27, 2013
Below is an article of a development in Bullhead City which can ultimately bring people to the area, which can help Golden Valley. Currently there are no hotels with a water park or a promenade along the river (at least on our side of the river). This isn't only about Rhodes

"Developer: Holiday Inn still on track

By NEIL YOUNG/The Daily News
Published: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:05 AM MDT
BULLHEAD CITY —“Everything is moving forward,” said Steve Sunde, regarding his plans to build a Holiday Inn Express on Silver Creek Road in Bullhead City.

Valued at $8 million to $8.5 million, the 82-room facility will include 3,000 square feet of office space, a 12,000-square-foot convention center, a kitchen for catering, a 10,000-square-foot water park, with a snack bar and a small arcade for parties.

Originally, Sunde had secured a U.S. Agriculture Department Rural Development loan, but needed an additional $2 million to complete the project. He decided to change his method of financing.

“We went in a different direction,” Sunde said. He said he put together a group of investors, including a former Holiday Inn executive.“So we’re going with more of a conventional loan at a good interest rate,” Sunde said.

His lender is waiting for certification and terms for a performance bond “and once they get that, then they can start the loan process,” Sunde said. He said he expects to receive a closing date within two weeks.

“We’ve got one heck of a team put together to get this accomplished,” Sunde said.

The land on which Sunde is building is city-owned and was the site of the Section 16 wastewater treatment facility. The city has provided Sunde with verification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality that the site was closed and secured per ADEQ requirements.

The Bullhead City Council approved an agreement last November for Sunde to lease the 8.94-acre parcel at no cost to Sunde. In exchange, the city will receive free use of the conference center four days a year, and 280 hours annual use of the pool for public water programs. The in-kind value of the lease is estimated at $60,000 annually, including land and gross revenue, according to City Manager Toby Cotter.

In addition to being available to hotel guests, the water park, pool, and conference center will be open to the public at reasonable rates, the lease stipulates. The development would also include a recreational pedestrian trail, with landscaping, seating, and lighting for night use. It would be available to the public at no charge.

According to the lease agreement, Sunde will also make free office space available to the Bullhead Area Chamber of Commerce, should it decide to move its offices or add additional space to its current facility.

Sunde said he will use 70 to 80 percent local contractors during construction and employ 20 to 30 people once the facility opens.

He said he has no doubt the hotel will be successful, having commissioned two feasibility studies.

Sunde has been traveling around, checking out a water park in Eau Claire, Wis., and will visit a Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, Mich., with a water park and a convention center.

“They basically kind of have what I’m building here,” he said.

Sunde’s son-in-law is the architect and is working on the plans.

“Ours is not going to be your traditional-looking Holiday Inn,” Sunde said. The building will be four stories tall.“It stands out from everything else, compared to your regular basic two- or three-story motel or hotel,” he said.

The facility will feature two bridal suites and at least 20 suites that can accommodate a whole family, as required by Holiday Inn.

Sunde and staff will undergo extensive training at Holiday Inn’s Atlanta headquarters, and hotel officials will make 21 site visits, he said.

Sunde, who built Foam and Froth Car Wash seven years ago, is hoping to break ground on the hotel in late November or early December."
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12010 Sep 27, 2013
Below is an article about a development in Bullhead City which should be good for the area. This isn't only about Rhodes.

Developer: Holiday Inn still on track

Published: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:05 AM MDT
BULLHEAD CITY —“Everything is moving forward,” said Steve Sunde, regarding his plans to build a Holiday Inn Express on Silver Creek Road in Bullhead City.

Valued at $8 million to $8.5 million, the 82-room facility will include 3,000 square feet of office space, a 12,000-square-foot convention center, a kitchen for catering, a 10,000-square-foot water park, with a snack bar and a small arcade for parties.

Originally, Sunde had secured a U.S. Agriculture Department Rural Development loan, but needed an additional $2 million to complete the project. He decided to change his method of financing.

“We went in a different direction,” Sunde said. He said he put together a group of investors, including a former Holiday Inn executive.“So we’re going with more of a conventional loan at a good interest rate,” Sunde said.

His lender is waiting for certification and terms for a performance bond “and once they get that, then they can start the loan process,” Sunde said. He said he expects to receive a closing date within two weeks.

“We’ve got one heck of a team put together to get this accomplished,” Sunde said.

The land on which Sunde is building is city-owned and was the site of the Section 16 wastewater treatment facility. The city has provided Sunde with verification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality that the site was closed and secured per ADEQ requirements.

The Bullhead City Council approved an agreement last November for Sunde to lease the 8.94-acre parcel at no cost to Sunde. In exchange, the city will receive free use of the conference center four days a year, and 280 hours annual use of the pool for public water programs. The in-kind value of the lease is estimated at $60,000 annually, including land and gross revenue, according to City Manager Toby Cotter.

In addition to being available to hotel guests, the water park, pool, and conference center will be open to the public at reasonable rates, the lease stipulates. The development would also include a recreational pedestrian trail, with landscaping, seating, and lighting for night use. It would be available to the public at no charge.

According to the lease agreement, Sunde will also make free office space available to the Bullhead Area Chamber of Commerce, should it decide to move its offices or add additional space to its current facility.

Sunde said he will use 70 to 80 percent local contractors during construction and employ 20 to 30 people once the facility opens.

He said he has no doubt the hotel will be successful, having commissioned two feasibility studies.

Sunde has been traveling around, checking out a water park in Eau Claire, Wis., and will visit a Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, Mich., with a water park and a convention center.

“They basically kind of have what I’m building here,” he said.

Sunde’s son-in-law is the architect and is working on the plans.

“Ours is not going to be your traditional-looking Holiday Inn,” Sunde said. The building will be four stories tall.“It stands out from everything else, compared to your regular basic two- or three-story motel or hotel,” he said.

The facility will feature two bridal suites and at least 20 suites that can accommodate a whole family, as required by Holiday Inn.

Sunde and staff will undergo extensive training at Holiday Inn’s Atlanta headquarters, and hotel officials will make 21 site visits, he said.

Sunde, who built Foam and Froth Car Wash seven years ago, is hoping to break ground on the hotel in late November or early December.
70oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#12011 Sep 28, 2013
All Rhodes simply has to do is commercialize Aquarius Rd. significantly in the next five years and nearby Golden Valley real estate will appreciate at least three-fold in value. I, for one, am willing to pay the paultry property tax for the next five years to see this come to its rightful fruition.
RattlesnakeRay

Kingman, AZ

#12012 Sep 29, 2013
LOL someone does not like this news

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12013 Sep 30, 2013
har har har, so very funny. land tax rate for farm land is far cheaper than empty land. When will he start building? don't hold your breath. I would not count on it any time soon. Last I heard there are 2000 vacant homes in kingman. new construction is at $80 per sq foot. No profit for rhodes at that rate.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#12014 Sep 30, 2013
vock canyon wrote:
har har har, so very funny. land tax rate for farm land is far cheaper than empty land. When will he start building? don't hold your breath. I would not count on it any time soon. Last I heard there are 2000 vacant homes in kingman. new construction is at $80 per sq foot. No profit for rhodes at that rate.
I just checked the listings and there are only 325 single family homes in Kingman up for sale plus 40 in Golden Valley. At least 10 of them have pending sales. Even if you add abandoned homes, I strongly doubt you will come anywhere near 2000. Houses in Kingman appear to be selling between $80 and $95 per square foot. I think it will take 2 to 3 years before he starts building.
villa man

Hesperia, CA

#12015 Oct 1, 2013
GV may be near Kingman but it is not Kingman. I believe the proximity to Vegas and Bullhead make it and ideal locale for development. I am not in a hurry but I will bet GV gets housing developments in next 3-5 years but not tomorrow.
Sorry, I am not going to believe Rhodes has a great interest in farms and Walmart unless it aids housing development. Really, he wants to grow asparagus?
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#12016 Oct 2, 2013
Below is an article regarding update of Section 12 planned waterfront development for Bullhead City. This will definitely be a positive for area. Am guessing contruction will begin in 3 years due to all of the environmental review involved.

Council unanimous in Section 12 OK

Supporters outnumber opponents among speakers during public comment
Published: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:59 PM MDT
BULLHEAD CITY —“It’s been a long haul,” said Mayor Jack Hakim on Tuesday after the Bullhead City Council approved the sublease agreement between the city of Bullhead City and Land Liquidators, LLC. The agreement, in effect until 2046, outlines the conditions for the city subleasing 283 acres of Section 12 next to Community Park for commercial development.

A good-sized crowd turned out for the vote. During the public hearing, nine people spoke in favor of the agreement, or developing Section 12 in general. Two asked that the agreement be tabled and voted on at a future meeting.

Matt Hanrahan, Bullhead Area Chamber of Commerce board director, requested the city extend the chamber’s lease of its building next to Section 12 through 2046, to make sure it does not become part of Section 12, even though the city adjusted the language on the sublease to state the chamber building will not be part of the project. City Manager Toby Cotter said the council will likely make the change at its next meeting to “once and for all, put this issue to rest.”

Elio Khalife, one of the partners in Land Liquidators, said,“I put together 40 years of experience,” referring to his other partners.

Council Member Jerry Duvall said he believed the city had addressed all the concerns and answered all the questions from critics of the agreement.“At some point, we have to say,‘Enough’s enough, let’s get this project going.’”

The council also approved the Agreement for Option to Purchase Real Estate. It describes the procedure for the city to act as middleman to purchase BLM land on the east side of Highway 95 with funds supplied by Land Liquidators, if the developer elects to buy the land. The language in the agreement, first approved on Aug. 6, was clarified.

Both agreements, passed by unanimous council vote, can be viewed at www.bullheadcity.com .

In other business, the council:

w Adopted the 2013 Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Guidelines. The guidelines allow the owner-occupied housing rehab program to accept applications from very low- to moderate-income homeowners who reside in the city and provide assistance based on a point system that gives priority to disabled, elderly, families, and applicants who are veterans.

w Appointed Jack Armstrong to a partial term expiring June 30, 2015, on the Board of Adjustment.

w Reappointed Heather Brennan to the Bullhead Area Transit System Commission for a two-year term. Newcomers Russell Macfarlane and Evelyn Schick, were appointed to two- and one-year terms respectively.

Schick made a point during her introduction to say she’s a BATS rider and would bring that perspective to the commission.

Bullhead City Council meetings are repeated on Suddenlink cable channel 4 and available on demand at www.bullheadcity.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kingman K9 that searched for hikers in heat die... Aug 20 Mali owner 2
moving to Bullhead City (Jan '10) Aug 15 Listener 73
Girl murdered by uncle in kingman motel. (Jun '06) Aug 8 dan 53
Searching Aug 5 Eddielies 1
News BLM seeks burro input Aug 5 Cnt 1
News Mohave County Superior Judge Sends Pregnant Wom... (May '09) Aug 3 Theresa Hatter 51
Moving to Golden Valley (Mar '11) Aug 2 Desertbeauty 104

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages