Rhodes Development
Lynette Spotorno

Ashburn, VA

#11977 Sep 7, 2013
the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/kuy6fkc
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11978 Sep 8, 2013
I see that I'm not getting a quick response on this blog site to my last question. I'm going to contact the good people @www.kingmannow.com for a straight answer. They have been advertising recently in southern California's Orange County Register.
PravadaNews com

Los Angeles, CA

#11979 Sep 9, 2013
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#11980 Sep 9, 2013
63oFNow wrote:
I see that I'm not getting a quick response on this blog site to my last question. I'm going to contact the good people @www.kingmannow.com for a straight answer. They have been advertising recently in southern California's Orange County Register.
Maybe the Mohave County Planning department can answer your question.
Realist

North Hollywood, CA

#11981 Sep 9, 2013
63oFNow wrote:
63oFNow, don't have an answer to your question, but I too am interested in finding out the details of this. If and when you find out, hope you will share the info with us. Also, do you happen to know the cost?
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11982 Sep 9, 2013
Hello, Realist. I'm going to call the realtors @KingmanNow in a few hours. I'll let you all know of the results here. I believe that there are still no restrictions. I estimate that it would cost about $150/hr. to have the work done. In my particular case, that would be about five hours. I also plan on adding some 1" gravel to fill in the road in three main places taken out by recent washes. The present existing dips are only about 12" but a four-wheeler is still needed to traverse the terrain as there is fine sand about a foot deep.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11983 Sep 9, 2013
Hello, Realist. I just got off the phone with Steve Wagner of KingmanNow.com and had a very informed discussion on a number of issues. First, he referred my query to Mohave County Developmental Services for the exact answer. Now according to a recent ordinance by the county, the issue is whether the road in question is county-maintained. If it is, one cannot grade the road. If it isn't, one can. I also asked him whether he thought Rhodes would be able to go vertical by April, 2014 and he said "no" without equivocation.
The issue of grading won't be paramount in my mind until Rhodes does, indeed, go substantially vertical.
Realist

North Hollywood, CA

#11984 Sep 9, 2013
63oFNow wrote:
Hello, Realist. I just got off the phone with Steve Wagner of KingmanNow.com and had a very informed discussion on a number of issues. First, he referred my query to Mohave County Developmental Services for the exact answer. Now according to a recent ordinance by the county, the issue is whether the road in question is county-maintained. If it is, one cannot grade the road. If it isn't, one can. I also asked him whether he thought Rhodes would be able to go vertical by April, 2014 and he said "no" without equivocation.
The issue of grading won't be paramount in my mind until Rhodes does, indeed, go substantially vertical.
Thank you "63oFNow" for the information. Agree with you on the grading. I'll be in Golden Valley on Sept. 20 just to see what's going on in that area along with the winery in Kingman. Again, thank you.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11985 Sep 9, 2013
You're welcome, Realist. Scrutinize/eyeball the area along Aquarius Rd. to see how extensive the farming activity currently is. This is going to be a prime commercial area someday. Drive safely.
Desert Rat I

United States

#11986 Sep 9, 2013
Can you cut a roadway for your property? Short answer is yes. But it definitely ain't as simple as that.
For example, I have a 40 acre parcel that is part of a development. If that development were to reach full potential I would a street on all 4 sides. As it is I have 1 at the front. To avoid any outside interference, as long as I use my setbacks that have been granted to the county I am okay I am okay to do so without county interference. But here is the catch, there is another 40 acre parcel that separates me on the back side of my property to the next existing roadway. Once off your property, you will need the approval of each property owner whose setback is used. So as long as you stick to using half of a setback, you'll need the approval of everyone on that side of the proposed roadway.
I would definitely keep the County Engineering Dept in the loop just to cover your ass from unforeseen problems. I know of a developer north of Kingman who decided to save money on road maintenance by using his father. He unknowingly changed the flood plain to an entire area because he cut away the crown that runs down the middle of the road for drainage purposes. They have aerial pictures of before and after his grading work that show the total change in the flood plain. Not only did he lose but his father had 3 5 acre parcels up for sale that became the dumping ground for most of the sediment.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11987 Sep 9, 2013
Thanks for your input, Desert Rat. In my instance, Yuma Rd., just south of Oatman Highway for one mile, might very-well become a county-maintained roadway within the next five years as it forms the main artery into the Paradise Acres subdivision.
Desert Rat I

United States

#11988 Sep 10, 2013
63oFNow wrote:
Thanks for your input, Desert Rat. In my instance, Yuma Rd., just south of Oatman Highway for one mile, might very-well become a county-maintained roadway within the next five years as it forms the main artery into the Paradise Acres subdivision.
definitely work with the Engineering Dept or actually the road maintenance dept.
Our Property Association successfully turned one road (Butch Cassidy) over to the county which was probably 20 miles long. The guy in charge of the road maintenance dept will require you to use the full setbacks defined in your Paradise Acres plans and will give you the design he uses with crown in the middle and U shape drainage along the sides. That will have to be completed before the county will accept. Also you need to find out how involved is the developer of your subdivision. If they still have active control then this would have to be approved through them.
In our case, we have over 3000 property owners who's annual dues goes to pay a grader or grader(s) about $300k per year to keep all our roads maintained and when needed prepared for county takeover.
We have one road (Santa Fe Ranch Road) that we have been trying to have County takeover for the last 3 years. It runs from I40 to Alamo Rd, but unfortunately the first 3 miles from I40 are not within development and we have not been able to get 100% aprroval from all the property owners. Locating some of them has become very difficult.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11989 Sep 10, 2013
Desert Rat, the increased favorable economic and demographic conditions to come for Pravada and the adjacent land parcels in the near future will inevitably force Mohave County to improve Yuma Rd. starting @the intersection of Aquarius and Yuma and proceeding southward for at least two miles. I won't have to do a thing. Mohave County Development
Services will do it all and foot the entire bill. I might, however, at a later date, be instrumental in initiating this process. From my perspective today, this is probably at least three years down the road; depending entirely on when Rhodes goes vertical.
Kingman Folk

Iola, KS

#11990 Sep 11, 2013
Did they ever finish this area in Golden Valley or no?
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11991 Sep 11, 2013
Home mortgage applications plunged 13.5% last week. Rates are going up. The short-term upswing is slowing. Any comments on this phenomenon?
Stan Rhodes

Golden Valley, AZ

#11992 Sep 12, 2013
BART S wrote:
I JUST CALLED RHODES -- I TOLD HIM I GOT 24K AND I WANT TO GIVE IT TO HIM NO STRINGS ATTACHED
HE SAID NO THANKS---
Hey my brother called and wants me go pick up the 24,000. Can you leave it under a rock by the farm.

thanks
Stan
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11993 Sep 12, 2013
63oFNow wrote:
Home mortgage applications plunged 13.5% last week. Rates are going up. The short-term upswing is slowing. Any comments on this phenomenon?
This is no surprise to me. Rates were extremely low and I guess people expected them to remain low so there would be a short term set back when rates creep up. However, over time, people will realize that interest rates will not go back to 3% any time soon so they will start to buy again. Even now interest rates are lower than they have been in some time. In 2 or 3 years or sooner, activity will pick up again.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11994 Sep 12, 2013
A very astute observation, Brian. I agree with you. Also, some retirees will have enough cash so that they will not need a large mortgage. Any prisoners there escape from Folsom recently?
The Fed will begin tapering off its QE2 stimulus soon. The rates will continue to go up over the next two-plus years; maybe eventually level out again.
63oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11995 Sep 13, 2013
The Fed will decrease its buying power significantly beginning as early as next week from $85 billion to $70 billion in the bond market.
65oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11996 Sep 16, 2013
Looks like next Wednesday's monthly buy-amount by the Fed in the bond market will be closer to $75 billion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bullhead officers hailed as heroes in overnight... Apr 24 sparechange 2
Are there any black people in kingman Az (Mar '15) Apr 17 Jimmy 7
Jesse Pennington Apr 16 Sukit 1
Jesse Pennington Apr 16 Sukit 1
Ken gwynn Apr 16 Sukit 1
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Apr 16 Jimmy green 3 76
Daily miner comments Apr 3 themanfromuncle 7

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance