Desert Rat I

United States

#11894 Jul 29, 2013
Was passing by Pravada on my way home and saw this sign on along side the road on Aztec. Just said Pravadanews,com, so curiosity and the convinence of a smart phone got the best me to look it up. Still under construction but makes some bold predictions, like by the time this website is up and running in April 2014 Rhodes will have began building homes!
Doesn't really say who is creating the site other than local citizens who are pro-growth and development, but appear to be real estate people and one name that appears is Robert Lee who recently started posting on here and in the Kingman paper but shows he based out of Vegas on Flamingo.
Check it out at www.pravadanews.com and also there is a link to Kingman Farms which I will check out myself as soon as I post.
Desert Rat I

Concord, CA

#11895 Jul 29, 2013
Kingman Farms + 40,000 acres! Huh? That's something that has not been mentioned previously. Just might have to contact the sites administrators about.
Interesting to see some of those Rhodes ranchettes that got sold off during the bankruptcy back on the market for a lot more than they were sold for. Even noticed one of the realtors as a good friend and neighbor. Didn't expect that one since she's works out of Havasu.
Good luck on the site Sue.
Christine

Los Angeles, CA

#11896 Jul 30, 2013
Just found this site on the net
Not great but check it out

Pravada news.com
Christine

Los Angeles, CA

#11897 Jul 30, 2013
harry

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#11898 Aug 1, 2013
The humidity from the river is almost unbearable at times! ;O)
Magic Man

Adelanto, CA

#11899 Aug 4, 2013
Buy Buy Buy
Realist

Corona, CA

#11900 Aug 7, 2013
Who setup the Pravada News? Is it independent individuals, Brokers, Rhodes, etc.? Any other news?
Ann

Kingman, AZ

#11901 Aug 7, 2013
Realist wrote:
Who setup the Pravada News? Is it independent individuals, Brokers, Rhodes, etc.? Any other news?
My guess, the people who have the land for sale on the site. The price looks right (for 2007)

This kind of marketing might work for one or two acre pieces. It is a waste of time for big money land.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11902 Aug 7, 2013
Probably real estate people in the area with some Vegas influence. There is a couples' name with a Kingman address on Stockton Hill Rd. for contacting. Then there is a guy Robert Lee who is selling property on there that has posted on here and in the Kingman paper as a local but has Vegas contact info. I personally know one realtor with a couple of listings on the site. She lives in Yucca and works out of Havasu. She has no ties to Pravada or anyone out of Vegas. My guess is that she knows the couple and decided to post her GV listings on here.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11904 Aug 8, 2013
Got an answer from someone who developed the site.

"The land is owned by several LLC's; which would involve multiple Stockholders. So to actually give you the names of all the Stockholders, would not be possible as this is a Private Company, not a Public Corporation. As to the actual date, that would be today if you go to the PravadaNews.com website to see the current activity, now if you are asking when is the Project going vertical; the current best estimate is April 2014.

Thank you very much for your inquiry."

Best regards,
Harry
PravadaNews.com
Desert Rat I

Concord, CA

#11905 Aug 8, 2013
Yeah I also got an answer on the 40,000 acres for Kingman Farms. According to Harry at the site, Rhodes owns 80,000 acres in Mohave County and plans on turning 40k of it into farming. He is presently working on the wells in the Red Lake area north of Kingman which will be his next farming endevour.
Realist

Corona, CA

#11906 Aug 12, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
Yeah I also got an answer on the 40,000 acres for Kingman Farms. According to Harry at the site, Rhodes owns 80,000 acres in Mohave County and plans on turning 40k of it into farming. He is presently working on the wells in the Red Lake area north of Kingman which will be his next farming endevour.
Desert Rat I, do you or anyone feel that farming will occur on Red Lake? or some type of Solar Panel operations? and when this might occur.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11907 Aug 12, 2013
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Desert Rat I, do you or anyone feel that farming will occur on Red Lake? or some type of Solar Panel operations? and when this might occur.
Personally I am confused on Red Lake. I was under the impression that Leonard Mardian owned the development at Red Lake. I thought Rhodes' property was west of there in White Hills. I know when the market tanked, Mardian rezoned to build a solar panel energy plant but was struggling to sell the energy. Not sure if that will happen now with most energy companies meeting their "green" quotas and not looking to invest in expensive operations if not forced to.
If the Rhodes property is really in White Hills then I believe he will be farming it. I believe he taking advantage of grant money the Obama administration is offering developers in rural high unemployment counties of Arizona and Nevada for turning undeveloped land into farm land.
small dog

Las Vegas, NV

#11908 Aug 12, 2013
Sterling Solar (Topock) is off the table. The owner of the project advised nothing is planned for the area.
ITS GREAT

Kingman, AZ

#11909 Aug 14, 2013
IT'S GREAT TO SEE ACTIVITY IN THE AREA
Rhodes , Kingman Farms , PravadaNews.com ,
All the construction at Pravada
What can I do to help ?
Bill A.
Yup

Golden Valley, AZ

#11910 Aug 14, 2013
ITS GREAT wrote:
IT'S GREAT TO SEE ACTIVITY IN THE AREA
Rhodes , Kingman Farms , PravadaNews.com ,
All the construction at Pravada
What can I do to help ?
Bill A.
What construction at Pravada? All they're doing is moving dirt for another section of farm. People! Don't believe anything until you hear from Jim Rhodes himself. When he goes public, it will be believable (maybe).
ITS GREAT

Kingman, AZ

#11911 Aug 14, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
What construction at Pravada? All they're doing is moving dirt for another section of farm. People! Don't believe anything until you hear from Jim Rhodes himself. When he goes public, it will be believable (maybe).
Well MR. YUP-- You have a right to post hear

and so do I-- And for the first time in 5 years my husband is
earing a stable paycheck , and its thanks to Jim Rhodes , as he is on the water pipe crew , My husband does not work for the farm.

So believe what you want, I am very grateful

Maybe you should drive by the site and see for your self
ITS GREAT

Kingman, AZ

#11912 Aug 14, 2013
Go to PravadaNews.com to see what miles of pipe look like
Yup

Golden Valley, AZ

#11913 Aug 14, 2013
ITS GREAT wrote:
<quoted text>
earing a stable paycheck , and its thanks to Jim Rhodes , as he is on the water pipe crew , My husband does not work for the farm.
I am glad that your husband found work, and hope many long time Golden Valley and Kingman residents are as fortunate as your husband. I was concerned that migrant workers would be brought into the area to become the primary workers, and local people would left out of the loop.

As to the previous remark about construction. The only construction I have observed revolve around the farm, none involves homes. I don't want people to be misled and make unwise investments based on posts that are not verifiable at this time.
Realist

Corona, CA

#11914 Aug 14, 2013
ITS GREAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the response "Its Great"! Someone who has a spouse actually doing work would know what's going on even if it's not construction of homes, it still work preparing for something to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
for christmas 8 hr festus 1
kingman kmart. (Jan '14) Dec 20 Jim Got 15
the drunk poem Dec 17 cantstandupright 1
Poor Maryann..... Dec 17 Just Sayin 1
vapor e cigarette (Jan '14) Dec 13 Bill and Lisa 7
911Vape4Less.com Dec 13 Vape Girl 5
Moving to Golden Valley (Mar '11) Dec 13 Vape Girl 92
Golden Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Golden Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Golden Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Golden Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:17 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:17PM
Can Seahawks Stop Seahawks from a Super Bowl Repeat?
Bleacher Report 1:18 PM
Cards Name Thomas Starting QB
NBC Sports 2:05 PM
Rivers saves Chargers season with comeback win - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Arians says he's leaning to starting QB Thomas against 49ers - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:25 PM
Philip Rivers will attempt to play with bulging disc