Rhodes Development
small dog

Las Vegas, NV

#11867 Jul 8, 2013
Can any of you experts recommend a realtor in GV to list my parcels? Have two parcels, 2.35, one on Chemehuevi& Ute and 2.35 on Chemehuevi & Flint.
Appreciate a referral to an aggressive RE Co.
Thanks.
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11868 Jul 8, 2013
Villa man wrote:
Does anyone have real information on the water? There use to be a 100 year supply per the AZ water district as I understand.
What does farming entitle JR to do in terms of water?
Obviously he is a developer and not a farmer but is there some regulation that can be quoted that he is taking advantage of?
I don't know if any comments made have validity.
Use it or loose it.
Stan

Kingman, AZ

#11869 Jul 8, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Use it or loose it.
That is not true.

And you can't shoot cows.
make it STOP

Bullhead City, AZ

#11870 Jul 9, 2013
Villa man wrote:
Does anyone have real information on the water? There use to be a 100 year supply per the AZ water district as I understand.
What does farming entitle JR to do in terms of water?
Obviously he is a developer and not a farmer but is there some regulation that can be quoted that he is taking advantage of?
I don't know if any comments made have validity.
# 1 -- DON'T NEED 100 YEAR SUPPLY IN MOHAVE COUNTY

#2 -- If you print a bus card-- YOUR A FARMER

#3 -- if YOUR A FARMER -- TAKE ALL YOU WANT
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11871 Jul 11, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true.
And you can't shoot cows.
Oh didnt know free range meant your cows can come eat my flowers and garden.Or if im not on my 40 you can cut the fence to feed your cows .
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11872 Jul 12, 2013
Looks like they are doing something at the entrance now. They've scrapped the ground clean on the southwest corner of Aztec and Shinarump where the pipes use to lay.
Probably their next section of farm or it could be something more sinister. I've read many people accuse Rhodes on this site and in the comments section to Kingman Daily Miner news stories of creating dust devils. Well as I was passing by there was this massive one spinning in the middle of this new clearing and the last time I was passing through I saw 5 in a row pass through that same section. Then it got me thinking that these people might be on to something! Even though I didn't see the devil himself or any of his minions at work, this could be their new environmental testing lab where they are working with leading edge technology to control the weather or at least create massive dust devils to torment all those whiners in the valley! LOL
mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11873 Jul 13, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
Looks like they are doing something at the entrance now. They've scrapped the ground clean on the southwest corner of Aztec and Shinarump where the pipes use to lay.
Probably their next section of farm or it could be something more sinister. I've read many people accuse Rhodes on this site and in the comments section to Kingman Daily Miner news stories of creating dust devils. Well as I was passing by there was this massive one spinning in the middle of this new clearing and the last time I was passing through I saw 5 in a row pass through that same section. Then it got me thinking that these people might be on to something! Even though I didn't see the devil himself or any of his minions at work, this could be their new environmental testing lab where they are working with leading edge technology to control the weather or at least create massive dust devils to torment all those whiners in the valley! LOL
:-D
George

Kingman, AZ

#11874 Jul 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Oh didnt know free range meant your cows can come eat my flowers and garden.Or if im not on my 40 you can cut the fence to feed your cows .
Yes a cow can eat your flowers in AZ if you do not fence them out. If you hit cow on the road with your car and kill it you must pay the rancher the value of the cow.

If someone cuts your fence in AZ that is a crime. If after that crime you decide to shoot a cow in your yard you have also committed a crime.

Now you know.
Ray

Golden Valley, AZ

#11875 Jul 14, 2013
A $5 billion solar project in Nevada

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11876 Jul 14, 2013
Ray wrote:
A $5 billion solar project in Nevada

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
That sucks.
The manufacturing plant would have provided a lot of jobs for this area.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#11877 Jul 14, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks.
The manufacturing plant would have provided a lot of jobs for this area.
There are plans to development waterfront in Bullhead City. It is in review now and construction is expected to begin in 2 to 3 years. In addition, regular air service is expected in Bullhead City airport by end of year. If either one of the above happens, that will greatly benefit the area.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11878 Jul 15, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>There are plans to development waterfront in Bullhead City. It is in review now and construction is expected to begin in 2 to 3 years. In addition, regular air service is expected in Bullhead City airport by end of year. If either one of the above happens, that will greatly benefit the area.
Yeah, the waterfront will make that side of town look nice and will bring in some jobs, but they will be the same type of jobs that are already saturating the area. The manufacturing plant would of brought in jobs that don't exist in this area and are not dependent on tourism. This area needs more diversity in its job base. The air service will happen. I deal with Frontiers' maintenance group and they took Harrahs charter service to get their foot in the door for expanding to regular service. Job wise they brought in most of their employees from Ohio.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11879 Jul 15, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the waterfront will make that side of town look nice and will bring in some jobs, but they will be the same type of jobs that are already saturating the area. The manufacturing plant would of brought in jobs that don't exist in this area and are not dependent on tourism. This area needs more diversity in its job base. The air service will happen. I deal with Frontiers' maintenance group and they took Harrahs charter service to get their foot in the door for expanding to regular service. Job wise they brought in most of their employees from Ohio.
Do you know if there will be air service from LA? Either way, I think it will bring more people to the area. As Golden Valley is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than Bullhead, this should benefit. Do you know if other developers besides Rhodes have an interest in area? Also do you think the approved wind farm north of Kingman will bring more jobs to area?
mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11880 Jul 15, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a cow can eat your flowers in AZ if you do not fence them out. If you hit cow on the road with your car and kill it you must pay the rancher the value of the cow.
If someone cuts your fence in AZ that is a crime. If after that crime you decide to shoot a cow in your yard you have also committed a crime.
Now you know.
Sheesh i didnt know that thanks for the info
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11881 Jul 15, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know if there will be air service from LA? Either way, I think it will bring more people to the area. As Golden Valley is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than Bullhead, this should benefit. Do you know if other developers besides Rhodes have an interest in area? Also do you think the approved wind farm north of Kingman will bring more jobs to area?
Not initially, but if everything goes well then yes. Personally I think it should be first but I was told it would be Vegas. 1 to 2 flights per week starting out and they would expand based on demand.
When they first arrived they had an Airbus they were servicing, so I asked if that was a little overkill and was told it was a lot cheaper for them to send planes, just arriving in Vegas and due servicing, to fly them down to Bullhead. So they might be taking advantage of those planes for their initial flights.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11882 Jul 16, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know if there will be air service from LA? Either way, I think it will bring more people to the area. As Golden Valley is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than Bullhead, this should benefit. Do you know if other developers besides Rhodes have an interest in area? Also do you think the approved wind farm north of Kingman will bring more jobs to area?
cont.
Don't know of any developers like Rhodes interested in the area. The ones that were like Mardian and the guy out of Washington that was going to build the community of Sterling on the scale of Pravada have all given up their plans and are instead going to build solar plants on a good chunk of their land. The people who took over Laughlin Ranch from Lords is starting to build again although their prices have dropped a lot compared to when they first started building.
The wind farm will bring in a lot of work for grading, concrete, steel and electrical during the construction phase but mainly just electrical and mechanical maintenance jobs along with some control operator jobs. But overall I doubt they will exceed 30 employees. The manufacturing plant would of been in the hundreds of jobs.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11883 Jul 16, 2013
No more palm trees on the west side of the entrance! Definitely looks like they are preparing the newly cleared area for planting.
Oldtimer

Long Beach, CA

#11884 Jul 21, 2013
Buy Buy Buy. Investors trying to buy our land Don't sell and hold on for 3 years. Parcel will go for 60K then
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11885 Jul 22, 2013
I assume you mean 60k/acre? With what we know as reality today which is all the major developments went belly up and are turning to alternative energy plants with only Rhodes so far turning a third of his Pravada land to farming and the rest in limbo. Do you really think you'll see those values?
Will there still be a golf course? If not, how will the rest of his plans change? Now that he is changing the land along Sinarump on the west side of Aztec to farming, it seems to me it also be changing a lot of land valuations in that area and I don't mean for the better.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11886 Jul 22, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
I assume you mean 60k/acre? With what we know as reality today which is all the major developments went belly up and are turning to alternative energy plants with only Rhodes so far turning a third of his Pravada land to farming and the rest in limbo. Do you really think you'll see those values?
Will there still be a golf course? If not, how will the rest of his plans change? Now that he is changing the land along Sinarump on the west side of Aztec to farming, it seems to me it also be changing a lot of land valuations in that area and I don't mean for the better.
Guess we also need to see what happens in surrounding areas such as Kingman and Bullhead City. If those areas take off there will be spill over in Golden Valley. In the overall scheme of things, since the area has a lot to offer and is becoming more accessible from Phoenix, with the widening of 93, there will be some interest in housing down the road. May take longer than 3 years. I spoke with realtors and they still believe Rhodes will put housing on some of his land but will wait till unemployment drops and until property values rise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
james heaton May 15 concerned 1
News Shoot-out in Kingman Neighborhoods on the Rise. (Sep '07) May 8 vock canyon 63
moving to kingman (Jan '06) May 8 vock canyon 2,186
Southwire Information (Feb '10) May 7 Ricky 7
Review: Rides 'n' Rods Auto Sales (Jun '14) May 7 Anonymous 3
News Golden Valley feels the pinch of a key service ... May 3 EXAZnational custy 1
moving to kingman May 1 BlubberLane 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages