Rhodes Development
Rattlesnake Ray

Kingman, AZ

#11856 Jul 7, 2013
BigJim better get out and pick pickles before he gets too big for his copter, caddy and front door.

lol, them florida boys are in way over their heads. BigJim will chew them up and spit them out like pickle seeds
Rattlesnake Ray

Kingman, AZ

#11857 Jul 7, 2013
Villa
If I was a betting man I would bet bigjim got a government grant or got money from someone who got some obomabucks.
Food will become very important soon and Jim got some inside info.

That explains everything. Occam's razor
Bill

Golden Valley, AZ

#11858 Jul 7, 2013
Villa man wrote:
Does anyone have real information on the water? There use to be a 100 year supply per the AZ water district as I understand.
What does farming entitle JR to do in terms of water?
Obviously he is a developer and not a farmer but is there some regulation that can be quoted that he is taking advantage of?
I don't know if any comments made have validity.
I am not a water expert but have lived in the desert for over 50 years. The valley is not in an active management aria AMA like most of the denser populated arias of the state. The AZ DWR does not have much to say up here. Those AMA areas have to work with water credits for agriculture

Rhodes had to prove 100-year supply to satisfy the department of Real Estate as they control subdivisions. If he is using his own wells he may be left alone and only would be governed by the reasonable use.

It may be viable but probably not. There are still allot of places to grow produce with cheap water. It is difficult to compete on price with those places. One would guess Rhodes is playing water chess here. The question is what would he want. Does anyone recall his water agreement with the state for the Golf Course he wants to build? I am not sure of the details.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11859 Jul 7, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the point! They did not lose a fortune?

Was best left in his hands? I don't think that happened. I thought he was the only bidder. If you bid $1.00 more they would have put it in your hands. It was worth most to him because they did not have claim to his other land around the portion in the BK

I have no animosity towards that man. This is a forum where we debate Rhodes development. If we are lucky we live long enough to see who is right and who is wrong. Those who said his GV development would go bust and those who lent him money would regret it were correct. We will see in another 5 years if golden valley becomes green valley.

You have a very aggressive style of debate. Do you really sit and laugh at your computer or is that used to try and belittle an argument without facts or reason.
That's funny, you answering for Sean or just so insecure about yourself that you have to come on here under different identities?
Suggestion, if you seriously want to debate then pick a handle for yourself and stick to it. Then educate yourself on the facts, form an opinion and let's debate it.
For your info, he had approximately 1250 acres that fell under the bankruptcy and there was no bidding or auction. They sold that land back to him as part of the bankruptcy. Take some time and go back through the earlier pages. There are links to the proceedings and news articles. It is all documented.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11860 Jul 7, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a water expert but have lived in the desert for over 50 years. The valley is not in an active management aria AMA like most of the denser populated arias of the state. The AZ DWR does not have much to say up here. Those AMA areas have to work with water credits for agriculture

Rhodes had to prove 100-year supply to satisfy the department of Real Estate as they control subdivisions. If he is using his own wells he may be left alone and only would be governed by the reasonable use.

It may be viable but probably not. There are still allot of places to grow produce with cheap water. It is difficult to compete on price with those places. One would guess Rhodes is playing water chess here. The question is what would he want. Does anyone recall his water agreement with the state for the Golf Course he wants to build? I am not sure of the details.
I recall they were going to initially allow him to build a 9 hole coarse and the 2nd half would not be allowed until enough homes were built and sold that could provide enough recycled waste water as to handle 100% of the watering needs.
Decon

Golden Valley, AZ

#11861 Jul 7, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
For your info, he had approximately 1250 acres that fell under the bankruptcy and there was no bidding or auction. They sold that land back to him as part of the bankruptcy. Take some time and go back through the earlier pages. There are links to the proceedings and news articles. It is all documented.
OK let's look
DECON

Golden Valley, AZ

#11862 Jul 7, 2013
vock canyon wrote:
Sorry guys, this was in the kingman daily minor. I don't think that the pravada thing is going to happen anytime soon, like never.
KINGMAN - Parts of Rhodes Homes properties in Mohave County, including more than 1,300 acres of the 5,700-acre master planned community Pravada, will hit the auction block in September.
Colliers International of Nevada has put out a request for bids on the Pravada property, four model homes, five unfinished homes and nine additional parcels within five miles of the Pravada community.
According to information from Colliers, a minimum bid on the property is $1.4 million, which includes the more than $1.2 million purchase price and a $200,000 minimum overbid increment. Each bidder must also show that they can post a replacement bond for the project and show that they already have financing in place to purchase the property.
request for bids
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11864 Jul 7, 2013
Decon wrote:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/b usiness/judge-oks-bid-rhodes-r ebuy-holdings-bankruptcy

In court papers, Colliers International Senior Vice President Michael Stuart said that he marketed the properties to 8,500 parties and contacted 3,500 brokers in the region, plus 4,400 brokers with his firm.
And after marketing and contacting brokers they determined it was best left in his hands. They did not want to split up the property and sell individually and since he already owned the majority of property in the area with a plan set in place to develop it, it best served ithem to sell the property intact to him.
Decon

Kingman, AZ

#11865 Jul 7, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
And after marketing and contacting brokers they determined it was best left in his hands. They did not want to split up the property and sell individually and since he already owned the majority of property in the area with a plan set in place to develop it, it best served ithem to sell the property intact to him.
You have lost all credibility.

It was best served because no one else would bid. The trustee only tries to get the best return for the debtors. Do you see why some of your prior posts have been wrong?

Everyone else does. I know I am three of them.
Bill A

Bullhead City, AZ

#11866 Jul 8, 2013
This is all old news

I have yet to see a post by Desert-rat that was not less the 99% correct

Decon-- whats your point ??

At some point Rhodes had a lean on the center core
of Pravada-- iT ended up in court

and he bought back-- the core -- as it was- IT had a value of 0---

I have $ 25,000 truck--

I will sell you 1/3 of it for 300 bucks
Do we have a deal ???
O- by the way-- you get back 1/3

What I would like to know today

What have YOU DONE the last 10 years

PLEASE TELL
small dog

Las Vegas, NV

#11867 Jul 8, 2013
Can any of you experts recommend a realtor in GV to list my parcels? Have two parcels, 2.35, one on Chemehuevi& Ute and 2.35 on Chemehuevi & Flint.
Appreciate a referral to an aggressive RE Co.
Thanks.
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11868 Jul 8, 2013
Villa man wrote:
Does anyone have real information on the water? There use to be a 100 year supply per the AZ water district as I understand.
Obviously he is a developer and not a farmer but is there some regulation that can be quoted that he is taking advantage of?
Use it or loose it.
Stan

Kingman, AZ

#11869 Jul 8, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Use it or loose it.
That is not true.

And you can't shoot cows.
make it STOP

Bullhead City, AZ

#11870 Jul 9, 2013
Villa man wrote:
# 1 -- DON'T NEED 100 YEAR SUPPLY IN MOHAVE COUNTY

#2 -- If you print a bus card-- YOUR A FARMER

#3 -- if YOUR A FARMER -- TAKE ALL YOU WANT
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11871 Jul 11, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true.
And you can't shoot cows.
Oh didnt know free range meant your cows can come eat my flowers and garden.Or if im not on my 40 you can cut the fence to feed your cows .
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11872 Jul 12, 2013
Looks like they are doing something at the entrance now. They've scrapped the ground clean on the southwest corner of Aztec and Shinarump where the pipes use to lay.
Probably their next section of farm or it could be something more sinister. I've read many people accuse Rhodes on this site and in the comments section to Kingman Daily Miner news stories of creating dust devils. Well as I was passing by there was this massive one spinning in the middle of this new clearing and the last time I was passing through I saw 5 in a row pass through that same section. Then it got me thinking that these people might be on to something! Even though I didn't see the devil himself or any of his minions at work, this could be their new environmental testing lab where they are working with leading edge technology to control the weather or at least create massive dust devils to torment all those whiners in the valley! LOL
mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11873 Jul 13, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
Looks like they are doing something at the entrance now. They've scrapped the ground clean on the southwest corner of Aztec and Shinarump where the pipes use to lay.
Probably their next section of farm or it could be something more sinister. I've read many people accuse Rhodes on this site and in the comments section to Kingman Daily Miner news stories of creating dust devils. Well as I was passing by there was this massive one spinning in the middle of this new clearing and the last time I was passing through I saw 5 in a row pass through that same section. Then it got me thinking that these people might be on to something! Even though I didn't see the devil himself or any of his minions at work, this could be their new environmental testing lab where they are working with leading edge technology to control the weather or at least create massive dust devils to torment all those whiners in the valley! LOL
:-D
George

Kingman, AZ

#11874 Jul 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Oh didnt know free range meant your cows can come eat my flowers and garden.Or if im not on my 40 you can cut the fence to feed your cows .
Yes a cow can eat your flowers in AZ if you do not fence them out. If you hit cow on the road with your car and kill it you must pay the rancher the value of the cow.

If someone cuts your fence in AZ that is a crime. If after that crime you decide to shoot a cow in your yard you have also committed a crime.

Now you know.
Ray

Golden Valley, AZ

#11875 Jul 14, 2013
A $5 billion solar project in Nevada

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11876 Jul 14, 2013
Ray wrote:
A $5 billion solar project in Nevada

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
That sucks.
The manufacturing plant would have provided a lot of jobs for this area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yucca Music Thread (Aug '15) Mon Musikologist 6
News Fired Kingman Police officer appeals (Apr '10) Jan 12 Hello 12
Development in Kingman or Golden Valley Jan 3 Realist 1
Freeway Interchanges Dec 19 Realist 7
Review: Rides 'n' Rods Auto Sales (Jun '14) Dec '17 Kalli Cropper 5
property taxes Dec '17 lonfu 5
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area (Apr '17) Dec '17 lonfu 6

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance