Rhodes Development
Webster

Kingman, AZ

#11835 Jul 4, 2013
A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers, and captures value , A. Osterwalder, Yves Pigneur,...
69oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11836 Jul 4, 2013
This last decade saw the highest average temperatures worldwide. These rising temperatures have significantly effected the sugar content of the world's wines. This could have a profound effect on one's health if one drinks wine. A higher sugar content leads to diabetes and does not promote heart health as do the more acidic wines. I won't bore all of you with the chemistry at this time. This is but one example of Mother Nature's elegant subtleties that I referred to earlier. More to come.
Bill

Kingman, AZ

#11837 Jul 4, 2013
Bill

Kingman, AZ

#11838 Jul 4, 2013
I applaud the effort but doubt they will see a return on their investment for many years.
69oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11839 Jul 5, 2013
Anyone out there now that objects to my pH levels in the wines?
Villa Man

Crescent City, CA

#11840 Jul 5, 2013
69oFNow wrote:
This last decade saw the highest average temperatures worldwide. These rising temperatures have es that I referred to earlier. More to come.
Subject: CARBON DIOXIDE SOURCE
> authorís credentials:
> Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of
> earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology
> at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple mineral
> exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six
> books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.
>
>
> Born
> 12 February 1946 (age 67)
> Residence
> _Australia_( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia )
> Nationality
> Australian
> Fields
>

> Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
> Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
> If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.
>
>

>
> PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland .
> Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED
> EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2
> emissions on our planet - all of you.
> Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to
> suppress - itís that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to
> live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal
> life.
> I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon
> emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and
> expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till
> midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project,
> throwing out all of
> your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper,
> putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and
> speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,
> Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50
> cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you
> have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.
> The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days -
> yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single
> effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are
> around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time
> - EVERY DAY.
> I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention
> that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it
> spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human
> race had emitted in all its years on earth.
> Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over
> One year - think about it.
> Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and
> mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized
> 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which
> keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect
> climate change.
> And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the
> fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and
> Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our
> world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.
> Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon
> tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change
> scenario.
>
Villa Man

Crescent City, CA

#11841 Jul 5, 2013
69oFNow wrote:
Anyone out there now that objects to my pH levels in the wines?
If all the liberals are so great why did not you stay the great liberal bastion, Calif? You have a most obnoxious desire to tell how people to live. That is a true liberal.
69oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11842 Jul 6, 2013
Villa man, the world desperately needs to curtail its greenhouse gas production soon, despite the additonal amounts the volcanoes spew out. I don't mean to be mean. It's just a survival instinct I have for future generations and the precious ocean phytoplankton that do the bulk of our earth's breathing for us. In seventy-five years, if this world hasn't developed the proper technology to adequately combat this problem, all the firefighters in this world will not prevent us from asphyxiating ourselves. The cumulative pH levels in the world's wines are changing significantly to our detriment. That's just pure scientific fact. Let's all bring back some common sense into our reasoning process here before its too late.
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11843 Jul 6, 2013
Holy Moley what happined to Gv property and surounding area! Rhodes has dumped a LOT of $$$ into this farming.Structures , water ,Personel, irrigation,Etc...Etc, Millions. Plants are growing , people are working,Lots of people. There is a method to the madnes sand if anyone can make something work it is Mr. Rhodes.I for one applaude his efforts to make something out of nothing and nothing ventured nothing gained.Hope he kicks arse.
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11844 Jul 6, 2013
And you goofy folks want to talk about global warming ,left ,right and shite 1 not on this blog please.
Sean

Kingman, AZ

#11845 Jul 6, 2013
Mark wrote:
Holy Moley what happined to Gv property and surounding area! Rhodes has dumped a LOT of $$$ into this farming.Structures , water ,Personel, irrigation,Etc...Etc, Millions. Plants are growing , people are working,Lots of people. There is a method to the madnes sand if anyone can make something work it is Mr. Rhodes.I for one applaude his efforts to make something out of nothing and nothing ventured nothing gained.Hope he kicks arse.
If you ask the folks that lent him the 500 million they would say he made nothing out of something. I have also found that if the word madness is used in the description in any way, stay away.
Sean

Kingman, AZ

#11846 Jul 6, 2013
Mark wrote:
How long before JR tries to amend his water agreement for residential use with the state. He will say he is saving water by taking the land out of agricultural use.

All those years and no one figured out to farm land in the desert by paying retail electric rates to pump water from deep wells. He is a genius.

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

#11847 Jul 6, 2013
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ask the folks that lent him the 500 million they would say he made nothing out of something. I have also found that if the word madness is used in the description in any way, stay away.
Thats funny, when those folks that lent him the 500 million took him to court, they told the bankruptcy judge that the Golden Valley land purchased using their money was best left in his hands. They took all his developed property and said if anyone was going to do something with the undeveloped GV land it was Rhodes!
Maybe you should learn how to separate your hatred for the man so you don't talk out your a$$.
69oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11848 Jul 6, 2013
The water should be left in the aquifer until it's ready for residential use. Rhodes is jepardizing his long-term prospects for longevity viability. The aquifer is still of undetermined underground parameters and dimensions. 15-30 well determinations throughout the valley does not make a very accurate estimate of the actual water volume. The actual estimates can vary significantly.
58oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11849 Jul 6, 2013
James Rhodes should look deeply into his individual conscience and find the best solution to his long-term interests outside of listening to his personal business and legal advisers. I firmly believe his present actions might be led askew in the long run.
Lisa

Bullhead City, AZ

#11850 Jul 7, 2013
58oFNow wrote:
James Rhodes should look deeply into his individual conscience and find the best solution to his long-term interests outside of listening to his personal business and legal advisers. I firmly believe his present actions might be led askew in the long run.
You desperately need a woman--

When was the last time you got layed ??
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11851 Jul 7, 2013
Unless the Colorado river dries up....Duh no Worries. all the Aquas are fed by the river ,not rain for kriminy sake.
Mark

Golden Valley, AZ

#11852 Jul 7, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, when those folks that lent him the 500 million took him to court, they told the bankruptcy judge that the Golden Valley land purchased using their money was best left in his hands. They took all his developed property and said if anyone was going to do something with the undeveloped GV land it was Rhodes!
Maybe you should learn how to separate your hatred for the man so you don't talk out your a$$.
So what is the point! They did not lose a fortune?

Was best left in his hands? I don't think that happened. I thought he was the only bidder. If you bid $1.00 more they would have put it in your hands. It was worth most to him because they did not have claim to his other land around the portion in the BK

I have no animosity towards that man. This is a forum where we debate Rhodes development. If we are lucky we live long enough to see who is right and who is wrong. Those who said his GV development would go bust and those who lent him money would regret it were correct. We will see in another 5 years if golden valley becomes green valley.

You have a very aggressive style of debate. Do you really sit and laugh at your computer or is that used to try and belittle an argument without facts or reason.
Villa man

Sacramento, CA

#11853 Jul 7, 2013
Does anyone have real information on the water? There use to be a 100 year supply per the AZ water district as I understand.

What does farming entitle JR to do in terms of water?
Obviously he is a developer and not a farmer but is there some regulation that can be quoted that he is taking advantage of?

I don't know if any comments made have validity.
Rattlesnake Ray

Kingman, AZ

#11854 Jul 7, 2013
You have not changed a bit over the years. Full of book smarts, empty of wisdom. Wisdom comes from the God of the Bible. Ask Him for some after you ask Him who His Son is.

Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>

You still got me laughing shaking my head at your attempt a be analytical.
First off, please explain what "a real business is". I would just love to your version of it is.
Second, what i find so funny about you using "business model" is that you clearly don't understand it's use. It's real use is to attract investors into investing into an upstart business so that they feel comfortable about your ability into starting a business. Both of these guys have years of success in starting businesses, so it's rather comical to read you questioning their ability to create a "fake business"! That there is still the funniest part of all.
And finally, you obviously didn't grasp my response or the website, so me try to explain one more time.
Nothing was said about the owners passion or his receiving recognition. The point is in developing his business, he hired a guy to develop his wines who own wines were chosen to officially represent our the state of Arizona. That was a very bright move on his part in helping his business be successful. Add to that I find his labeling to be very unique and attractive. It's caters to niche market which many people like.
Time will tell in both endeavors as it does with all businesses starting out. But unless you their personal accountant or banker, you haven't a clue as to their "Business Model" or to the amount of money they are throwing out at it.
So thanks for the laugh, but I'll bet on them over your analytical skills any day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area May 8 sparechange 2
Brothers Tire and Repair (May '15) May 5 Mark 5
Older Woman and Younger Men. Do long term relat... (May '15) May 1 sparechange 2
Are there any black people in kingman Az (Mar '15) Apr 29 SoNowYouKnow 9
John Eaton Apr 27 wish u never met me 1
John Eaton Apr 27 Crazy BITCJ 1
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Apr 27 North West 77

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages