Rhodes Development
John

Bullhead City, AZ

#11795 Jun 21, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the main farm land would be on the south end as in Shinarump being on the north end?
I will call my friend and get back to you
Land Buyer

Bullhead City, AZ

#11796 Jun 21, 2013
Shinarump slump wrote:
This tread is amazing 579 pages WOW
I got 80 acres 1 -40 2 -20's bought back in the land rush , fools rush
Wasen't looking for the overnight flip, but the real estate market took a long nap. I also invested in a local real estate office that scum was open about 6 months, I still haven't found him..
My land is paid in full....
My taxes are low, & I got plenty of time....
Good luck to all the land owners, My grandkids will be delighted in my efforts..
I am looking to buy land in the area
are your lots on pavement ???
or are they west on the dirt road
thanks
Jeff from Vegas

Hardy, VA

#11797 Jun 21, 2013
I have land for sale on Aztec and Shinarump. On pavement
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11798 Jun 24, 2013
What a sad pathetic group of NIMBYS' we have in the Golden Valley and Kingman areas. Farmer Jim must have no trust that these pinheads can act like mature adults. That is the only conclusion I can draw from when a man has to fence off 200 acres of farmland with barb wire. What sad pathetic people we have in this valley that a fellow property owner feels he has to go to this extent to protect his investment.
Yup

Kingman, AZ

#11799 Jun 25, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
What a sad pathetic group of NIMBYS' we have in the Golden Valley and Kingman areas. Farmer Jim must have no trust that these pinheads can act like mature adults. That is the only conclusion I can draw from when a man has to fence off 200 acres of farmland with barb wire. What sad pathetic people we have in this valley that a fellow property owner feels he has to go to this extent to protect his investment.
Apparently you know less about Golden Valley than I thought. OPEN RANGE. Unless you want the cattle to eat and trample your property, you put up a fence, which is owners responsibility when leaving on open range. Duh!
Yup

Kingman, AZ

#11800 Jun 25, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you know less about Golden Valley than I thought. OPEN RANGE. Unless you want the cattle to eat and trample your property, you put up a fence, which is owners responsibility when leaving on open range. Duh!
Make that "living on open range".
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11801 Jun 25, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you know less about Golden Valley than I thought. OPEN RANGE. Unless you want the cattle to eat and trample your property, you put up a fence, which is owners responsibility when leaving on open range. Duh!
You got me there, didn't think about those little critters messing everything up. Okay NIMBYs, you get a reprieve this time.
Yup, I do know this, that Golden Valley is just a community in the Sacramento Valley and I personnally choose to let them on my property and damn the consequences. Although they did mess up my chimenea once rubbing up against it and eating all my prickly pear fruit. Then there was that time I almost totaled my pickup truck one night when 6 of them decided to wonder along the frontage road before getting on I-40 and totally a Volvo (found that part out later from the fire chief). Thought I was going to have a heart attack on that one . But it's still a small price to pay for the memories., because without the fence I also get the javelinas, bobcats, wild boar, coyotes, fox and deer (no mountain lions yet) passing through my little Joshua and Juniper tree covered section of our beautiful valley.
Brian

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11802 Jun 25, 2013
Anybody have any updated information on when the homes will be built and how many homes?
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11803 Jun 25, 2013
Nope, that would have to come from the inside scoop guys and they have been very quiet lately.
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11804 Jun 25, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
Yep they some Coyotes in GV
Mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11805 Jun 25, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Open season if the cow is on mine ?
Cow

Bullhead City, AZ

#11806 Jun 25, 2013
Not sure how that would work
To kill someone's cow
On your land??

As for me
I want to ride a cow
Any cow will do
Brian

San Pedro, CA

#11807 Jun 25, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
Nope, that would have to come from the inside scoop guys and they have been very quiet lately.
Got an opinion from a realtor. Definitely an intent to build homes but may wait until values in Golden Valley start to go up. They went up 3% to 5% from a year ago, which is in right direction, but will take time. Unemployment needs to drop. There are other builders besides Rhodes planning projects as well. Once the area becomes discovered it will explode.
Desert Rat I

La Mesa, CA

#11808 Jun 26, 2013
I know some building is starting to pick up. I've seen 2 developments in Ft Mohave started before the crash start building again probably as they are purchased. But still in Patriot Estates they are on their 3rd new home and at Los Lagos they have at least one maybe 2 upper scale homes being built along the golf course. In Bullhead, Laughlin Ranch recently opened a new section directly across from the Chevy dealer called North Fork. Unfortunately I haven't driven into the entrance to see how far they are but they did pave and landscape the entrance and have a sign in front for new homes.
Employment is still pretty static. I know in my business which deals with the automotive industry it is still pretty bad.
Brian Smrz

Locust Grove, AR

#11809 Jun 26, 2013
We are here in Dolan Springs, AZ. We sell vacant properties. We have added a NO INTEREST FINANCING ON SALES. Only $500.00 down. We have some beautiful properties and just in the Middle of Las Vegas and Kingman.

Check out our website. www.land4salebyowner.org/jetsource.html
Rattlesnake Ray

Kingman, AZ

#11810 Jun 26, 2013

Shinarump slump wrote:

This tread is amazing 579 pages WOW
I got 80 acres 1 -40 2 -20's bought back in the land rush , fools rush
Wasen't looking for the overnight flip, but the real estate market took a long nap. I also invested in a local real estate office that scum was open about 6 months, I still haven't found him..
My land is paid in full....
My taxes are low, & I got plenty of time....
Good luck to all the land owners, My grandkids
will be delighted in my efforts.. They are going to wish you used the money to by a dow index fund.
$$$$$$$$$$

Gold & silver & AR15's are all on sale right now.
Pick up some wire cutters so you can steal pickles and you will be all set for the collapse
Realist

North Hollywood, CA

#11811 Jul 1, 2013
Has anyone seen the progress of the farming in Golden Valley? or how the Stetson Winery in Kingman is doing?
Kate

Golden Valley, AZ

#11812 Jul 2, 2013
Neither are real businesses.

Just because someone has a lot of money to throw at something does not mean there is a real business model there.
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11813 Jul 2, 2013
Kate wrote:
Neither are real businesses.

Just because someone has a lot of money to throw at something does not mean there is a real business model there.
LMAO

I bet you thought that you actually wrote something of substance, as if you were speaking with knowledge on the the subject.
Made for a good laugh though.
52oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11814 Jul 2, 2013
Kate did write something of substance. You just can't stand to learn the truth, Desert Rat. These fragile plants will not stand this brutal heat over the next two months. They're not cacti or desert weeds. Rhodes and the winery will have to throw more water on the situation to no avail ultimately. I'm a scientific pragmatist; not a cheerleader for a failing business enterprise. Oh, and by the way, it's 52oF here now. The monsoon season here has begun this afternoon in earnest, if you already haven't heard the news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay/bis in kingman az? (Dec '14) 5 hr Firsttimer 21
Kingman's Drug Dealers & Drug User List (Aug '07) Jul 16 Loggerblogger 119
moving to Bullhead City (Jan '10) Jul 15 mewilson66 72
Review: Automotive PRO-Supply Inc (Aug '13) Jul 13 Mximus 11
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Jul 12 flash bang 68
News Road construction coming to Kingman and Golden ... Jul 10 Victoriaarrowood 1
News Breaking bread, sharing peace: Mosque hosts cle... Jul 9 Muslim Hunter 7

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages