edward

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Where is this area located? I used to own land in Golden Valley but have since moved. Would be interested in what this is all about, maybe buy land there again. Just what is the plan for the area?
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Valley fever makes worrisome rise in the West (May 6, 2013):
A little-known and potentially deadly illness carried in the dust hits thousands as drought conditions linger. The number of reported cases in Arizona went from 1,400 in l998 to 16,400 in 2011.
GV property buyers beware! Fungus growth is triggered by periodic rainfalls.
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

The proposed farming in this region will only increase the likelihood of increased airborne activity of these pathogens. That is what's happening in Kern County, California now. Let's all have three cheers for Rhodes!
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Bart, if I adhered to your Calvinistic view of life, I would have to kill myself. But I have studied Calvinism in earnest and have found it to be a false religion, ideology and one not to mold one's behavior from or towards. In fact, the English got so fed up with the Calivnists in their country that they kicked them out and they ended up settling in the American South in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. Along life's ever-winding and serendipitous paths, I have since discovered the wisdom and virtue that is truly at the root of my existence; much more beyond its evolutionary organic and biochemical roots.
BART

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

64oFNow wrote:
Bart, if I adhered to your Calvinistic view of life, I would have to kill myself. But I have studied Calvinism in earnest and have found it to be a false religion, ideology and one not to mold one's behavior from or towards. In fact, the English got so fed up with the Calivnists in their country that they kicked them out and they ended up settling in the American South in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. Along life's ever-winding and serendipitous paths, I have since discovered the wisdom and virtue that is truly at the root of my existence; much more beyond its evolutionary organic and biochemical roots.
OK -- 64-- FOR THE GOOD OF ALL ON THIS SITE
WE DON'T LIKE EACH OUTHER-- NOT ON THE SAME PAGE
1 TIME OFFER-- I WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE -- IF YOU DO THE SAME
1 TIME OFFER-- THIS WAS HARD FOR ME
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Bart, like it or not, we're on the same page tonight and you'll have to hear me through on this...
Q: What makes you think that I'm bald, broke and am making car payments? Is it your assumption that everyone that rents is living in poverty?
Your head is too much filled with just conjecture and not enough of the plain facts in this case:
1)In spite of my age of 61, I still possess a full head of hair with very little grey; 2)I have enough money to pay for over five years' worth of my rent. In 1994, as owner-builder, I built my own 2,500 square foot two-story house in the city of Eugene, Oregon. It took me nearly two years to complete, but drained the H*** out of me emotionally. It sold for $197,000, though, in 1998.
It was too much for just me to live-in with all the upkeep and I can now say with assurance that my present living situation amidst the Flagstaff Lone Pine forest suits my situation just fine; 3) my car is fully paid-for and has a present Kelly Blue Book value (retail) of over $6500.00.
I own a .com domain worth in the neighborhood of $15,000.00 and possess other substantial assets.
But, the real crux of the matter, Bart, is something you don't want these people here to know. I'm going to tell it anyway.
I know and you know that presently you're way over-extended in your Golden Valley land holdings with over fifty parcels. What are the yearly taxes on all that land now? Conservatively, maybe $5000.00 in 2013? What is going to happen to your holdings in the next five to ten years when the assessments are raised substantially? Will you have the income to pay current the taxes or will you have to liquidate for pennies on the dollar? Let's face it, even in the best of circumstances, it's going to take you over twenty years to sell these parcels at the enemic rate they're selling now.
What happens when Valley Fever becomes an epidemic in Golden Valley as it now is in Kern County, California and Maricopa County, Arizona? The bottom line is that the desirabilty of your lots are going to continue to tank in the coming years.
You should have invested more wisely and leveraged rental units in Bullhead. At least, you could have derived much-needed cash-flow.
I currently work at a job I love and conceivably could work with competence at it until my 70's, if need be. What do you do for work? You have never told us. My arguement here is that I have a much stronger work-ethic than you do.
Bottom line: my financial house is very much in order. Yours is not. Your unbridled taste for greed has led you to make that wrong financial decisons. It's simply your own fault; not mine.
Don't be so foolish as to take it out on me anymore.
Amen.
Brian

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

64oFNow wrote:
Valley fever makes worrisome rise in the West (May 6, 2013):
A little-known and potentially deadly illness carried in the dust hits thousands as drought conditions linger. The number of reported cases in Arizona went from 1,400 in l998 to 16,400 in 2011.
GV property buyers beware! Fungus growth is triggered by periodic rainfalls.
You sound like one of those people who are trying to get others to panic and sell their land so you can come in and buy it cheap. Why else would you be bothering to go on the site to tell us how bad Golden Valley is.

Vegas now has a shortage of homes for sale, per Las Vegas Sun, and Phoenix is appreciating rapidly. Soon people will get pushed towards the Kingman - Golden Valley area and prices will go up again. And prices are even going up in the Central Valley in California. It is just a matter of time when things will start happening in Golden Valley. There are plans for the Bullhead City waterfront, which will benefit the area. Construction will start next year or 2015.
BART

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

64oFNow wrote:
Bart, like it or not, we're on the same page tonight and you'll have to hear me through on this...
Q: What makes you think that I'm bald, broke and am making car payments? Is it your assumption that everyone that rents is living in poverty?
Your head is too much filled with just conjecture and not enough of the plain facts in this case:
1)In spite of my age of 61, I still possess a full head of hair with very little grey; 2)I have enough money to pay for over five years' worth of my rent. In 1994, as owner-builder, I built my own 2,500 square foot two-story house in the city of Eugene, Oregon. It took me nearly two years to complete, but drained the H*** out of me emotionally. It sold for $197,000, though, in 1998.
It was too much for just me to live-in with all the upkeep and I can now say with assurance that my present living situation amidst the Flagstaff Lone Pine forest suits my situation just fine; 3) my car is fully paid-for and has a present Kelly Blue Book value (retail) of over $6500.00.
I own a .com domain worth in the neighborhood of $15,000.00 and possess other substantial assets.
But, the real crux of the matter, Bart, is something you don't want these people here to know. I'm going to tell it anyway.
I know and you know that presently you're way over-extended in your Golden Valley land holdings with over fifty parcels. What are the yearly taxes on all that land now? Conservatively, maybe $5000.00 in 2013? What is going to happen to your holdings in the next five to ten years when the assessments are raised substantially? Will you have the income to pay current the taxes or will you have to liquidate for pennies on the dollar? Let's face it, even in the best of circumstances, it's going to take you over twenty years to sell these parcels at the enemic rate they're selling now.
What happens when Valley Fever becomes an epidemic in Golden Valley as it now is in Kern County, California and Maricopa County, Arizona? The bottom line is that the desirabilty of your lots are going to continue to tank in the coming years.
You should have invested more wisely and leveraged rental units in Bullhead. At least, you could have derived much-needed cash-flow.
I currently work at a job I love and conceivably could work with competence at it until my 70's, if need be. What do you do for work? You have never told us. My arguement here is that I have a much stronger work-ethic than you do.
Bottom line: my financial house is very much in order. Yours is not. Your unbridled taste for greed has led you to make that wrong financial decisons. It's simply your own fault; not mine.
Don't be so foolish as to take it out on me anymore.
Amen.
wow-- that is to must info

i word would have worked

agreed
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Brian, I agree that GV prices are eventually going to go up sooner rather than later, but Valley Fever will be a part of this region in the future with the added water being applied to the surface such as the proposed golf course. I personally don't want to catch it and have to cough up blood all the time.
Pat

Lynwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

What happened to Rhodes - Pravda ???
Old Timer

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Finally heard some positive news on financial network. Large investors picking up large amounts of raw land in Nv, Ca, and Az. With housing picking up they said raw land should be next boom. They usually sell to home builders and hope we start to see better valuation in coming years.
brian

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

64oFNow wrote:
Brian, I agree that GV prices are eventually going to go up sooner rather than later, but Valley Fever will be a part of this region in the future with the added water being applied to the surface such as the proposed golf course. I personally don't want to catch it and have to cough up blood all the time.
It is a fairly wide open valley, not like a dish and it is not in a basin, where air tends to get still. I don't think it will be that bad. There is always a breeze there. And looking at listings, there are not many affordable places to retire that have the amenities that exist in Mohave County area.
GO PRAVADA

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Old Timer wrote:
Finally heard some positive news on financial network. Large investors picking up large amounts of raw land in Nv, Ca, and Az. With housing picking up they said raw land should be next boom. They usually sell to home builders and hope we start to see better valuation in coming years.
Here's hoping you're right, Old Timer.
BART

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...

CHECK OUT KINGMAN FARM

IN THE NEWSPAPER-- YOU GOT TO SEE THIS
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Pat wrote:
What happened to Rhodes - Pravda ???
It's going to rise from the ashes of the economic meltdown, like the Sphinx.
Old Timer

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

As far as Rhodes, forget it. We have to wait for new homebuilders to come in.
I just noticed good news for me with 2 of my parcels on Apache Rd. Just noticed 2 homes right next door to my 2 parcels. I was able to zoom in on the 2 homeowners and noticed no water tanks or windmills so there are utilities next to my property. Also just notice 1/4 mile south there are 1/4 acre home developments reaching to HWY 40 which is only 5 min away.
Think I will wait another 1-2 yrs to see what happens.
Raw land is hot right now so hang in there.

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Old Timer wrote:
I just noticed good news for me with 2 of my parcels on Apache Rd. Just noticed 2 homes right next door to my 2 parcels. I was able to zoom in on the 2 homeowners and noticed no water tanks or windmills so there are utilities next to my property. Also just notice 1/4 mile south there are 1/4 acre home developments reaching to HWY 40 which is only 5 min away.
Pravada itself may be dead, but all that land is zoned for homes, all the plans are in place, etc. One day (hopefully soon) someone will actually build there, and then my land, which is nearby, may rocket in value.

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Old Timer wrote:
I meant "skyrocket in value"
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

I,too,believe Tustin, that the baby-boomer demographics in just a matter of five years or less will cause land values to dramatically rise in GV, much like the mythical bird, the Phoenix.
Realist

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Anyone hear any current news on the Wal-Mart Distribution Center tht was to be built in Golden Valley?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,461 - 11,480 of12,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Golden Valley Discussions

Search the Golden Valley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Desert Garden On OLD TRAILS Exit (Oct '11) Mon John Grady 14
Review: Matador Taxi Jul 17 JWP 1
Review: Kingdom Of God Jul 17 John 1
niall horan cute or naww Jul 16 blabla 2
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Jul 15 GeorgeKennerly 93
Indictment delivered in 1997 murder of Kingman ... Jul 14 Debbie 1
Golden Valley Fire Department Jul 14 the truth 1
•••
•••