Rhodes Development
STILL BELIEVES IN PRAVADA

Tustin, CA

#11752 May 30, 2013
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
Preparing to plant their first crop just west of model homes with the ball field. That is the present activity at Pravada.
Thanks DR1. Hope your information is reliable.
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11753 May 30, 2013
I figured I get a degenerate answer from this type of audience. I'm not surprised. Read the Seeking Alpha article yourself and try to decipher it; or do you dare venture outside of your little world? I sincerely doubt anyone of this blog site can come up with an educated response to this phenomena and significant anomaly. Better pay attention to lumber prices in the future. When they fall, historically the stock market falls. The answer is this: Housing inventory is currently being bought up and shrinking from a twelve month reserve to a current four month reserve. Housing prices have recently been rising, yet there has been no increased demand for lumber to build new homes. Moreover, to make matters worse, house-flippers from Vegas are on the rise again, creating a new dangerous bubble.
tim

Kingman, AZ

#11755 Jun 2, 2013
where do you find the lumber numbers?
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11757 Jun 3, 2013
The Yahoo finance page is currently running an article called "Is the Housing Recovery a Sham?"
You might want to look at this also.
villa man

Meridian, ID

#11758 Jun 3, 2013
64oFNow wrote:
I figured I get a degenerate answer from this type of audience. I'm not surprised. Read the Seeking Alpha article yourself and try to decipher it; or do you dare venture outside of your little world? I sincerely doubt anyone of this blog site can come up with an educated response to this phenomena and significant anomaly. Better pay attention to lumber prices in the future. When they fall, historically the stock market falls. The answer is this: Housing inventory is currently being bought up and shrinking from a twelve month reserve to a current four month reserve. Housing prices have recently been rising, yet there has been no increased demand for lumber to build new homes. Moreover, to make matters worse, house-flippers from Vegas are on the rise again, creating a new dangerous bubble.
Don't worry about the comment, probably same person as always.
villa man

Meridian, ID

#11759 Jun 3, 2013
There are articles written, saying we could be in another real estate bubble, not of the previous proportions but nevertheless in one.

I don't see that the economy has gotten better aside from the stock market so what we have is pent up demand for 5 years. When the economy improves, natl debt, jobs, etc then maybe a real real estate comeback. I hear we close to a serious economic meltdown so doubt we will see any improvement in valuations in GV for a while...meltdown? Dollar collapses due to Fed printing, stock market drop and inflation. By the way we are seeing inflation right now. The govt conveniently changed their measuring system of inflation. All you have to do is look around and see everything is going up in price. That is real inflation and wages are not going up. I would love to be wrong but this is what I read.
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11760 Jun 3, 2013
I'd have to agree with most you said, villa man. Real wages are not going up. In fact, the real rich are getting richer. There is a definite stratification in economic classes continuing here. There is no great recovery yet overall in the housing market. If anything, it will be a very small incremental move upwards. Something's bound to give, sooner or later. I hope the US doesn't get drawn into another mid-east war in Syria.
Robert

Golden Valley, AZ

#11761 Jun 3, 2013
64oFNow wrote:
The Yahoo finance page is currently running an article called "Is the Housing Recovery a Sham?"
You might want to look at this also.
This is your source? I watched the video. Hardly conclusive,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/heidi-moore

Here are lumber numbers.
http://www.nahb.org/generic.aspx...

They reflect demand and supply. I do not know if demand has dropped or the mills have stepped up? They were getting some of the highest prices ever a few months ago. If I had a forest I would cut down a few more trees.
Robert

Golden Valley, AZ

#11762 Jun 3, 2013
More on the reporter calling "SHAM"

http://www.anorak.co.uk/354934/money/on-the-g...
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11763 Jun 3, 2013
Robert, the mills have been putting out the same amount of lumber the last three months. Demand, though, has dropped precipitously in these months. What does this fortell and why? Can you answer that? Anyway, the article on Heidi Moore seems to attack her left-leaning politics more than her astute and pragmatic economic reasoning.
Robert

Golden Valley, AZ

#11764 Jun 3, 2013
64oFNow wrote:
Robert, the mills have been putting out the same amount of lumber the last three months. Demand, though, has dropped precipitously in these months. What does this fortell and why? Can you answer that? Anyway, the article on Heidi Moore seems to attack her left-leaning politics more than her astute and pragmatic economic reasoning.
Where did you read demand is down?
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11765 Jun 3, 2013
Lowered demand is reflected in the current lowered lumber prices you yourself posted (ie. from a mid-March price of $396 to the present $291 (May 31st)! The supply (output) has stayed the same from the mills over the past three months. This data is especially troubling since contractors now are entering their prime-time building season. Are some building plans now being put on hold?
64oFNow

Flagstaff, AZ

#11766 Jun 3, 2013
Robert, I think from all indications that builders are tepid at best in entering the housing market this year in full-force. It's still the big banks that scrutinize and determine who will ultimately own their own house and their lending bar standards have been raised considerably.
tim

Bullhead City, AZ

#11767 Jun 4, 2013
Your are such a moron 64- unreal
Robert

Kingman, AZ

#11768 Jun 5, 2013
Sorry for being a stickler for detail but how did you document mill production is fixed?

You are sure that lower prices are a result of a decrease in demand. That same economic theory would suggest that higher prices would increase supply.

Where is the price of lumber today if you look at the last 5 years?

Regardless of national trends Golden Valley is unchanged.
tim

Bullhead City, AZ

#11769 Jun 5, 2013
Your are such a moron 64- unreal
mark

Blue Ridge, GA

#11771 Jun 11, 2013
64oFNow wrote:
Yep
Desert Rat I

Los Angeles, CA

#11772 Jun 12, 2013
The farm is officially in the public record.

http://kingmandailyminer.com/m/

Hopefully that is the whole link. If not just go to the papers website. Lead story.
Tim

Golden Valley, AZ

#11773 Jun 12, 2013
I was hoping for a tongue twister with pickled pepper in there.

Or how about a limerick. There once was a man from Nevada who.....
Rattlesnake Ray

Kingman, AZ

#11774 Jun 12, 2013
haha the reporter said jim was growing pickles. Then she had to make a quick retraction.

I think she has been reading about those pickles here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing man last seen in Kingman. (Jun '15) Feb 11 Sally Weeks 2
News Shoot-out in Kingman Neighborhoods on the Rise. (Sep '07) Feb 11 trish 64
Shooting Feb 11 T M E 1
Daily miner comments Feb 10 jimmy 2
News AZ man pleads not guilty in Kingman homicide Feb 10 jimmy 1
dolan springs (May '06) Feb 5 AZBORNnRAISED 96
News Grand jury indicts man for Kingman hatchet murder (Aug '15) Feb 1 Gary B Shepard 3

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Golden Valley Mortgages