mail carriers and "service"
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carrier

Kingman, AZ

#21 Feb 10, 2010
Kitty86413 wrote:
<quoted text> No need to get in a huff. I've only complained about one carrier, not the entire postal staff. And, our lives aren't that wonderful. We struggle with many issues like anyone else has to deal with. Called, part of living. The post office pays pretty well, I know, I was a gov't employee but I respected my job and the public too. I was hired for a specific title and if I messed up, sure deserved to be fired or reprimanded. This guy here just comes and goes as he pleases, has been reported time and time again. My mail is important to me as I run a small business and expect correspondence delivered. That is his job!!!! My livelihood depends on receiving my mail from customers. I'm not about to move to another part of town to please the carrier.
Simple solution rent a PO Box. Mail theft is one of the problems in GV. We have had at least three mail theft rings operate out here in the last ten years. So even if you had a great carrier your important mail could disappear out of your mailbox. When you complain to Postal supervisors you are complaining to the laziest most useless people employed by the USPS, so don't expect much action. I know this from spending over thirty years in the PO.

Since: Jan 10

Bellemont, AZ

#22 Feb 11, 2010
carrier wrote:
<quoted text> Simple solution rent a PO Box. Mail theft is one of the problems in GV. We have had at least three mail theft rings operate out here in the last ten years. So even if you had a great carrier your important mail could disappear out of your mailbox. When you complain to Postal supervisors you are complaining to the laziest most useless people employed by the USPS, so don't expect much action. I know this from spending over thirty years in the PO.
I understand and also agree with you. It's so frustrating though and seems nothing gets done to correct the problem. Even had the police come out to show them the mail scattered on the road, ripped open mail, etc. and each blame the other. I took pictures before and after the vandalism. It's time we look after ourselves obviously and get our community back to what was intended to live happier more trusting lives. Such a shame something most take for granted of is tossed to the side. To me mail and our carriers should take more pride in their work and report something out of the ordinary. We should get together with "watches" or something and don't be so afraid of conflicts as these.
carrier

Kingman, AZ

#23 Feb 12, 2010
Kitty86413 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand and also agree with you. It's so frustrating though and seems nothing gets done to correct the problem. Even had the police come out to show them the mail scattered on the road, ripped open mail, etc. and each blame the other. I took pictures before and after the vandalism. It's time we look after ourselves obviously and get our community back to what was intended to live happier more trusting lives. Such a shame something most take for granted of is tossed to the side. To me mail and our carriers should take more pride in their work and report something out of the ordinary. We should get together with "watches" or something and don't be so afraid of conflicts as these.
I actually caught people stealing my mail about nine years ago. They were convicted of petty theft by the county. No jail time just 15 days community service. The federal government decided not to prosecute. They were caught in the act I video taped them stealing my mail. It was a family Father, Mother and son and they had been doing this for a while, I am sure they have done it again since then. Why stop if there is no significant risk of punishment. Next time I catch a thief I have no intention of calling the local authorities. I will take it upon myself to show them the error of their ways
Jin

Kingman, AZ

#24 May 28, 2010
I was a mail carrier, the only time I had to work really hard was during the holidays. It's a pretty simple job and fun.. Our service out here sucks, we moved out here from Kingman about 7 months ago. While living in Kingman we recieved our mail on time. Seems here my mail is always like a week late. They have to be pretty dumb and lazy to not get it right!!! At least get it half a*s right!!!
WordsNotWisdom

Mount Wilson, CA

#25 May 29, 2010
Jin ... you were a regular city carrier or an RAC? Either way... thanx for throwing all the other carriers under the bus by saying they are dumb. I guess when you retire and out of the Union you can thumb your nose at everyone still doing the job you once loved.... Way to go sister, dont ever say you were once one of them... your not.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 May 29, 2010
???WordsNotWisdom???
They have to be pretty dumb and lazy to not get it right!!! At least get it half a*s right!!!
Give me a break its not HARD work, its moderate... And as you can see I said "they" meaninng the ones who can't get it right, you must be one of them!!
carrier

Bullhead City, AZ

#27 May 29, 2010
Desert Rat I wrote:
Hey, you said everything but the obvious! The obvious is that it is a government run business which means there is no accountability for performance or consequence for poor performance whether they are a direct employee or an independent contractor.
I love the example of the DMV in California that spent millions of dollars for customer sensitivity training due to the many complaints of poor customer service when in a private business the people would be fired and they would hire someone who could provide a better service.
Just about everything you listed were excuses. They are not everyday occurances that would justify the tardiness. These people drive set route which makes it very easy to arrive within a certain time frame. The only reason they don't is because they don't care and no one is enforcing them to care.
<quoted text>
I think you really don't have a grasp of the situation. I could tell you first hand how carriers are monitored and measured on thier job performance. Ask any carrier you know about " feet per minute ", casing standards " " deliveries per minute " or my personal favorite " Route inspection ". Badgering and intimidation are the tools of choice for postal managers. Mail volume can vary 60% from one day to the next that will definitely impact the route time. In my career I witnessed many people getting fired from the Postal service for " sub standard performance ". One time they eliminated three routes in my office, but added, a supervisor position, that should tell you where the problem is. There are many factors that can alter the time it takes to run a route. The worst are people that expect the carrier to fight off thier dog to deliver the mail. Everything that obvious mentioned were factors that can drastically change route time. I don't know how you formed your opinion of the work environment for craft employees in the Postal Service, but having spent years there I know how wrong you are.
WordsNotWisdom

AOL

#28 May 30, 2010
Spoken like the true scab you really are Jin. You must of been in a managment position.
Redbone

Kingman, AZ

#29 Nov 14, 2015
The one thing everyone seems to be wrong about is the USPS is NOT, i say again NOT a part of the government. It may be told what to do by the government but it is NOT part of the government. It is its own entity. Check the facts people. It doesn't receive ANY tax dollars for what it does. It makes its OWN money from stamps, packages, etc. It DOES NOT receive ANY money what so ever from the government. Like someone said, if your only problems are late mail, you must have it good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Golden Valley (Mar '11) 21 hr sparechange25 113
Internet latency and congestion in kingman area (Apr '17) Mon Stangit 5
property taxes Mon sparechange25 4
Freeway Interchanges Mon sparechange25 5
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Sun lonfu 12,331
News American Airlines ends service to northwest Ari... Dec 4 sheethead 1
Girl murdered by uncle in kingman motel. (Jun '06) Nov 30 Graff 55

Golden Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance