Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated May 30, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kitty

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 26, 2010
 
I'd like to hear from others and if they feel like I do about our lack of service regarding our mail delivery in Golden Valley. I've called Kingman P.O. and talked to the supervisor enough times and never has he resolved our issues with our carrier. We never get our mail delivered at a scheduled time and the majority of the time our carrier is "forgetful" and passes us up. Then, low and behold, around 5:00-6:00 PM he remembered us. This is totally ridiculous and no excuse for his unprofessional behavior. All of our neighbors got fed up and moved their mailboxes into their yards and when I asked the supervisor if we can do the same, he said probably not because the carrier doesn't get paid for going out of his way. Excuse me, we are closer to the road for delivery to our box than any of our neighbors were to theirs. I was very nice to the supervisor and not once complained about this so-called carrier we have. Only because we don't need him to get worse with us if he knew the reason for my call. He is such an idiot as a driver too. Rocks fly all over the place going from mailbox to mailbox and for the life of me can't understand why they ever hired him. We have vandalism and missing and stolen mail and we feel it's because there is no schedule for mail delivery and pick-up. Maybe he should look for an easier job because he obviously has no clue what his is all about, nor does he care. Hope to hear your story about mail service and what can be done about it. Thanks.
Manny

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 29, 2010
 
Golden Valley is serviced by contract carriers. They are independant contractors who are awarded the routs based usually on the lowest bid. I can tell you from experience complaining to the PO is a waste of time.The contract requires them to deliver the mail daily but does not specify a time.You might consider renting a PMB, although I did that and for no apparent reason they returned vital mail. So I sympathize with your dilema.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 29, 2010
 
Manny wrote:
Golden Valley is serviced by contract carriers. They are independant contractors who are awarded the routs based usually on the lowest bid. I can tell you from experience complaining to the PO is a waste of time.The contract requires them to deliver the mail daily but does not specify a time.You might consider renting a PMB, although I did that and for no apparent reason they returned vital mail. So I sympathize with your dilema.
That is all true but do you remember the old days when mail delivered was on schedule? At least that's how it was handled where my home town is. Times have certainly changed for the worse. I was told our carrier only delivers to a small section here so in my opinion it seems to me it shouldn't be so difficult for him to do a better job. Oh well, doesn't sound like there will be any improvement made. Thanks for responding.
fireman1941

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 29, 2010
 
You really can't say U S Post Office and service in the same sentence.
statingTheObviou s

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 2, 2010
 
Firstly... there is no "set time" for the mail to reach your box, thats a myth. Gone are the days when the mailman can sip a glass of lemonade and chat with you on your front porch everyday at noon (or whatever time). Varying times are caused by , weather, amount of mail for the day, number of packages (each one has to be delivered to the door). What if there is traffic jam somewhere? Long lines at the gas pump? Flat tire? Etc... etc... you can think of other reasons im sure. If you have a rock problem maybe you should regrade your road or ask the actual carrier if you can relocate your box.. this isn't rocket science here. You can get a more secure mail box that protects from theft. Its always everyone else that knows how to do someone elses job better than the one doing it isnt it? Now I agree with you that customer service has fallen in recent times with the Post Office, but like most companies in these hard times.. they are doing more with less workers. Less workers translates into the mail not arriving in a timely fashion to the Post Office in the morning and not enough people to distribute the mail to the carriers so they can hit the road in a timely fashion or varying times each day as well. Im not making excuses.. just stating the facts that you may be unaware of. It may not be just an incompetent person delivering the mail (or it could be <<shrug>>)... its a myriad of things adding up which adds to your frustration.

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 3, 2010
 
Hey, you said everything but the obvious! The obvious is that it is a government run business which means there is no accountability for performance or consequence for poor performance whether they are a direct employee or an independent contractor.
I love the example of the DMV in California that spent millions of dollars for customer sensitivity training due to the many complaints of poor customer service when in a private business the people would be fired and they would hire someone who could provide a better service.
Just about everything you listed were excuses. They are not everyday occurances that would justify the tardiness. These people drive set route which makes it very easy to arrive within a certain time frame. The only reason they don't is because they don't care and no one is enforcing them to care.
statingTheObvious wrote:
Firstly... there is no "set time" for the mail to reach your box, thats a myth. Gone are the days when the mailman can sip a glass of lemonade and chat with you on your front porch everyday at noon (or whatever time). Varying times are caused by , weather, amount of mail for the day, number of packages (each one has to be delivered to the door). What if there is traffic jam somewhere? Long lines at the gas pump? Flat tire? Etc... etc... you can think of other reasons im sure. If you have a rock problem maybe you should regrade your road or ask the actual carrier if you can relocate your box.. this isn't rocket science here. You can get a more secure mail box that protects from theft. Its always everyone else that knows how to do someone elses job better than the one doing it isnt it? Now I agree with you that customer service has fallen in recent times with the Post Office, but like most companies in these hard times.. they are doing more with less workers. Less workers translates into the mail not arriving in a timely fashion to the Post Office in the morning and not enough people to distribute the mail to the carriers so they can hit the road in a timely fashion or varying times each day as well. Im not making excuses.. just stating the facts that you may be unaware of. It may not be just an incompetent person delivering the mail (or it could be <<shrug>>)... its a myriad of things adding up which adds to your frustration.
Big Bertha

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 3, 2010
 
Such an oxymoron

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 3, 2010
 
Desert Rat I wrote:
Hey, you said everything but the obvious! The obvious is that it is a government run business which means there is no accountability for performance or consequence for poor performance whether they are a direct employee or an independent contractor.
I love the example of the DMV in California that spent millions of dollars for customer sensitivity training due to the many complaints of poor customer service when in a private business the people would be fired and they would hire someone who could provide a better service.
Just about everything you listed were excuses. They are not everyday occurances that would justify the tardiness. These people drive set route which makes it very easy to arrive within a certain time frame. The only reason they don't is because they don't care and no one is enforcing them to care.
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for understanding my complaint. You hit it on the head by mentioning Gov't job. I don't mean to open a can of worms but our carrier isn't worthy of being a postal carrier much less get paid for assuming the position. I am not the only one who has complained to the supervisor, and we have talked to our surrounding neighbors in the past and not a one had a nice thing to say. They don't want to get involved in anything for fear the mail will cease to be delivered. Of course his job is full and can't guarantee a time frame but what I meant by schedule was for that day. Some days he is a no show and I found out our mail was at the main branch more than one day sitting for him to deliver. So, tell me we shouldn't be angry about his negligence. The main reason I'm touchy about this service is because I was a postal worker years ago in another state and know the difference we are now expected to live with. We live out in the desert but not that far from civilization. We love living here and wouldn't trade it for the world but having a reliable carrier is a nice thing to have. To comment on the person from Bakersfield, Calif. What type of mail delivery do you have? Do you have a P.O. box or home delivery? Unfortunately we are being forced to accept bad behavior and maybe I'm too old fashioned but think not. Like the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and sure applies to my complaint. P.S., still am waiting for the supervisor to call as promised. Oh well, go figure. Ok, now that all of this negative is out of the way, want everyone know that Golden Valley is a very nice place to live and have met wonderful people. I love the wildlife and beauty here. We should all get together and talk about the positive points of living here. Anyone interested in sharing stories? Hope so.
Manny

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 3, 2010
 
Thomas Edison said when he was a postmaster. " Trouble with working for the Post office is you are at the mercy of every bastard that has 3 cents for a stamp. " Seems like your carrier has the same attitude.
Carrier

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I worked for the Postal Service for a long time. Many people were fired for failure to meet standards. Time standards are one of the ways carriers are evaluated. They are also evaluated on accuracy. There are three steps you face if you fail to meet standards. First time is verbal counseling, second time is suspension and the third time is termination. I was monitored and supervised closer in the PO then any job I had before or since. Only one out of four people hired to be a carrier make it through the 90 day probation period. It is a difficult physical job and should be appreciated more by the people that take mail delivery for granted. Those of you that think it is a cake walk for deadbeats, obviously have never done it.
statingTheObviou s

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 3, 2010
 
Desert Rat... "The Only reason they dont is because they dont care" you say?? So let me get this clear... you believe all government workers are this way? Are you one of these wing nuts who says do away with the government because we dont need them?
If you really want to lodge a complaint... call 1-800-ASK-USPS and tell em what the problem is and demand action, ask them for the district office phone number as well and tell the district that their supervisor in Kingman is unresponsive and you as a customer demand action.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Carrier wrote:
I worked for the Postal Service for a long time. Many people were fired for failure to meet standards. Time standards are one of the ways carriers are evaluated. They are also evaluated on accuracy. There are three steps you face if you fail to meet standards. First time is verbal counseling, second time is suspension and the third time is termination. I was monitored and supervised closer in the PO then any job I had before or since. Only one out of four people hired to be a carrier make it through the 90 day probation period. It is a difficult physical job and should be appreciated more by the people that take mail delivery for granted. Those of you that think it is a cake walk for deadbeats, obviously have never done it.
I would sure love to have you as our carrier from what you posted. And, also want you to know I never consider your job as a "cake walk". It's a hard job to do and appreciate the postal employees. I was one but all I meant was times have changed and seems like the postal service is hiring untrained individuals lately. They could care less if delivery is done daily or not. If I wasn't so old, would be hired again. At least I was a professional and took my job serious. Plus, am a people person. Far cry from the truth with the ones we have these days.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

statingTheObvious wrote:
Desert Rat... "The Only reason they dont is because they dont care" you say?? So let me get this clear... you believe all government workers are this way? Are you one of these wing nuts who says do away with the government because we dont need them?
If you really want to lodge a complaint... call 1-800-ASK-USPS and tell em what the problem is and demand action, ask them for the district office phone number as well and tell the district that their supervisor in Kingman is unresponsive and you as a customer demand action.
Why are you so confrontational? You don't live here and just blowing off steam for no reason. Well, my opinion, but I highly doubt if you would take this tone if you were here and dealing with jerks getting a gov't paycheck and not entitled to collecting one. I for one have called all of those bogus numbers to get our mail delivered-complaints and not one return call yet. Then, lucky us if our mail actually gets delivered. I'm sorry, but, if you were living in our shoes, would for sure complain also. This is totally ridiculous how our government programs hire stupid people.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 4, 2010
 
Manny wrote:
Thomas Edison said when he was a postmaster. " Trouble with working for the Post office is you are at the mercy of every bastard that has 3 cents for a stamp. " Seems like your carrier has the same attitude.
Yup, I like your comment. Right on.
statingTheObviou s

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 4, 2010
 
My statements weren't directed to you Kitty... they are to Rat who says the "ONLY" reason that exists for the bad service is that government workers just dont care. Thats a ridiculous statement to make regardless of where I live. Maybe in your case that would be true for this particular carrier but to blindly make a blanket statement such as that is narrow mindedness at best, at worst its just ignorant. At first you stated you called the sup but didnt complain for fear of things getting worse, then you just stated you called all the numbers to complain. Sorry, I dont follow you. I would say your not complaining loudly enough, although we can agree you shouldnt have to make the call in the first place because you deserve better customer service but if your getting poor service anyway then how much worse could it get by complaining loudly? I personally... would confront the carrier one on one and I personally... wouldnt be nice about it. Thats my two cents.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 6, 2010
 
statingTheObvious wrote:
My statements weren't directed to you Kitty... they are to Rat who says the "ONLY" reason that exists for the bad service is that government workers just dont care. Thats a ridiculous statement to make regardless of where I live. Maybe in your case that would be true for this particular carrier but to blindly make a blanket statement such as that is narrow mindedness at best, at worst its just ignorant. At first you stated you called the sup but didnt complain for fear of things getting worse, then you just stated you called all the numbers to complain. Sorry, I dont follow you. I would say your not complaining loudly enough, although we can agree you shouldnt have to make the call in the first place because you deserve better customer service but if your getting poor service anyway then how much worse could it get by complaining loudly? I personally... would confront the carrier one on one and I personally... wouldnt be nice about it. Thats my two cents.
I followed up later once no call was returned to me. Also called phone numbers you suggested. Still nothing, and, talked to our carrier yesterday. He had nothing good to say and drove off in a huff. We've decided to rent a box in Kingman instead of this garbage we have to cope with. It's a good 20 miles to drive and just angry about what goes on here and we feeling forced to allow this to go on. Maybe the super will pay for our gas. Yeah, right. Sorry if I sound crabby but am done complaining and getting upset anymore.

“Beep, Beep, which way do I go?”

Since: Aug 07

Yucca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 8, 2010
 
statingTheObvious wrote:
My statements weren't directed to you Kitty... they are to Rat who says the "ONLY" reason that exists for the bad service is that government workers just dont care. Thats a ridiculous statement to make regardless of where I live. Maybe in your case that would be true for this particular carrier but to blindly make a blanket statement such as that is narrow mindedness at best, at worst its just ignorant. At first you stated you called the sup but didnt complain for fear of things getting worse, then you just stated you called all the numbers to complain. Sorry, I dont follow you. I would say your not complaining loudly enough, although we can agree you shouldnt have to make the call in the first place because you deserve better customer service but if your getting poor service anyway then how much worse could it get by complaining loudly? I personally... would confront the carrier one on one and I personally... wouldnt be nice about it. Thats my two cents.
Who taught you how to read? I never said "ONLY", I said "OBVIOUS". And I can say it as a blanket statement because when the majority of government workers provide poor service then it is what it is. It is inherit in the Union mentality of which the majority of all government workers belong to. Take as much tax payer's money as possible in the least amount of work hours as possible and never work harder than the slowest among you. Wouldn't want to show up your fellow worker. I personally take pride in my work and would walk away from my job if I ever found my self just going through the motions just to collect a check. If that makes me a "WING NUT" so be it, rather be that than a "WASTE OF SPACE".
Carrier

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 8, 2010
 
I did very little work for 33 years as a carrier, then I retired and now do even less for a pension. You tax payers funded all of it. The Postal Service receives no tax revenue unlike AIG, Bank of America, GMC ect. I earned every dollar the they paid me and then some. I am happy that your lives are so wonderful that late mail is a major problem to you.I strongly resent being type cast and lumped in with some jerk that can't do his job. I just may go postal.

Since: Jan 10

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 9, 2010
 
Carrier wrote:
I did very little work for 33 years as a carrier, then I retired and now do even less for a pension. You tax payers funded all of it. The Postal Service receives no tax revenue unlike AIG, Bank of America, GMC ect. I earned every dollar the they paid me and then some. I am happy that your lives are so wonderful that late mail is a major problem to you.I strongly resent being type cast and lumped in with some jerk that can't do his job. I just may go postal.
No need to get in a huff. I've only complained about one carrier, not the entire postal staff. And, our lives aren't that wonderful. We struggle with many issues like anyone else has to deal with. Called, part of living. The post office pays pretty well, I know, I was a gov't employee but I respected my job and the public too. I was hired for a specific title and if I messed up, sure deserved to be fired or reprimanded. This guy here just comes and goes as he pleases, has been reported time and time again. My mail is important to me as I run a small business and expect correspondence delivered. That is his job!!!! My livelihood depends on receiving my mail from customers. I'm not about to move to another part of town to please the carrier.
statingTheObviou s

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 9, 2010
 
Desert Rat I wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you how to read? I never said "ONLY", I said "OBVIOUS". And I can say it as a blanket statement because when the majority of government workers provide poor service then it is what it is. It is inherit in the Union mentality of which the majority of all government workers belong to. Take as much tax payer's money as possible in the least amount of work hours as possible and never work harder than the slowest among you. Wouldn't want to show up your fellow worker. I personally take pride in my work and would walk away from my job if I ever found my self just going through the motions just to collect a check. If that makes me a "WING NUT" so be it, rather be that than a "WASTE OF SPACE".
You said only. Re-read and get back to me ok?
Postal service gets no funds from tax payers, its a non-profit entity of the government funded by the revenue it takes in as people and companies pay for postage. Your stereotyping all postal workers and it just isnt so, except in your own mind. Stop being so bitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golden Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you do when a Drug Dealer lives next do... (Apr '10) 7 hr anti-snitch and v... 50
Review: Family Dentistry By Design 16 hr Starfromlvnv 1
Blue Water Moving Co Tue Rebecca 3
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Tue Ray Kingman 12,139
Kingman dreams of landing Tesla battery plant Aug 22 Solarman 3
Kingman Police Department Corruption (Mar '10) Aug 21 Bee Real 57
Review: Fleet Smart (Oct '12) Aug 19 Business Ethics 4
•••
•••
Golden Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Golden Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Golden Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Golden Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Golden Valley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••