Lawyers, guns and marijuana: Case heads to Supreme Court

Jul 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KVAL-TV Eugene

An Oregon sheriff has appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court to block a concealed handgun license for a medical marijuana patient.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

I guess the county and the sheriff have eliminated all crime in the county so they have nothing better to spend their resources on? Or does the Sheriff looking to go to D.C. on the taxpayer dime?
Either way, this is nothing more than pride run amok. There is no danger here except to the ego of another reefer madness disciple.
Curious

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

What about all the prescription medicines that affect how the brain works, or in other words, gets you high?

You're allowed to take sedatives and substances, JUST as long as they are artificial? Just as long as they aren't, natural, and THEN you can get/have a concealed weapons permit. I bet the people who you hear about (and don't hear about) that use guns to endanger other people probably aren't the same people that get their legal marijuana cards for pain.

Why single them out though? Why is there a stick up this guys rear that has "OMMP" written on it?? Why isn't he going after say the ILLEGAL ACTIVITY?
PieceMaker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

Why did montana recind their legalization of MJ after a year? It's still legal but not just anyone can get it anymore. All drugs are regulated one way or another. That's fine by me. If you legalize one thing legalize everything Opium heroin acid what ever legalize it.
Curious

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

Anyone hear about the woman who was with her husband and a guy walked in and shot the woman's husband in the back of the head?

Some weirdo (with mental illnesses, mind you) was stalking the woman for quite some time and started sending her messages on myspace, so she blocked him and tried leaving him alone.

Then a while later she went 30 miles out of the city to go work and there he was, right in front of her, and then he shot her husband in the back of the head.

I do not know where when or who, as I woke up to this woman telling her story live on TV and it was just heartbreaking. The only reason the husband did not live (both the wife AND the husband had concealed handgun permits - but these areas where they were had a "no gun policy".

Crooks don't care whether there are policies or not. Which brings me back to this, the crooks that I am referring to are the ones that keep people from living free.

Once you go through the red tape of getting an OMMP card, and become "legal" ... why are you treated as an illegal citizen?

Since: Mar 11

Grants Pass, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

The sheriff says they don't have money to run the jail this year. Why are they trying to make more rules to bring in more people that they already can't house? This just makes no sense. They need to be focusing on the rise in gangs and illegal mexican cartel crops and workers in the area. If they catch those types, are they going to release them again because the jail is overcrowded with potheads that had a pistol? Priorities need to be made.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gold Hill Discussions

Search the Gold Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
joshua parker (Oct '13) Tue B-Lynn 4,092
Looking for help Jul 5 Big Ed 2
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
No charges: workers subdued intruder, who died Jun 17 Susan 1
Phoenix demands The Greenery close or face lega... Jun 16 Obvious 3
jim (Mar '10) Jun 11 jim is gay 3
Gold Beach woman drowns in Rogue River after go... Jun 11 Renee Brewer 1
•••
•••
•••
Gold Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gold Hill Jobs