Hello

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

I am sick if this is true!!! I was had and the kids were abused!! Why has this not been on GOOD MORNING AMERICA???
WorriedLady

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I long questioned Bethany's care - or lack there of. But, hey, Kate is the mom, she knows her kid. Until the day she blew up about how Bethany only had JIA and some very rare issues with it, but wasn't on methotrexate. Bam. Now I knew why Bethany was just not ever getting any relief.

So I called Child Welfare. 2 days later, Bethany's CB page was gone. Glad to know that Bethany appears to be doing better now with proper love and care.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I haven't heard anything new, so did a Google search to see if anything has been in the news. An obituary for a woman in Portland showed up with Kate Parker of Grants Pass listed as one of her children. I assume it's the same Kate. From what I know, she had no contact with her (or Charley's) family. Still, that's sad if she and the children did lose a mother/grandmother at Christmas time :(. http://portlandtribune.com/obit/172-fgnt-obit... . I've just been thinking about how the children are doing, particularly over the holidays.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Another interesting find is this poem of sorts written by Kate. In it she says both girls at g-tube dependent. They were eating fine before they were adopted. In fact Kate once told me tubes were easier than regular food. http://bandbacktogether.com/post/2911/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Wowza95 wrote:
Another interesting find is this poem of sorts written by Kate. In it she says both girls at g-tube dependent. They were eating fine before they were adopted. In fact Kate once told me tubes were easier than regular food. http://bandbacktogether.com/post/2911/
Last post today from me. I did not post this to start anything about the g-tube needs of the kids. Maybe they did need them and the comment she said to me (before the girls) was specific to Joshua at the time. I just found it odd, it seemed like solid foods were not impossible but tubes were easier. I have no experience with them, and I didn't question her on it since she does. Whatever.

This poem is very sad to read, to hear her anguish. I do truly hope the best for the entire family.
fact

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just letting you know the kids are safe and happy. Kate is monster and a thief. This is all fact.
L1L2mom

Enid, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

fact wrote:
Just letting you know the kids are safe and happy. Kate is monster and a thief. This is all fact.
I sure hope this is true! Here is the email I got from Kate after I sent money:

There really isn't any way I can adequately thank you for your generosity in helping my family during this very-difficult time of preparing for the loss of our Joshua. I do thank you, however, for caring & for sending a gift via paypal, as it contributed to Charley being able to take FMLA, which will allow him to be home & spend time with his little boy during this next month. The memories that will be made during this time will be precious & worth more than anything to us... thank you SO much for helping to make it possible!

With utmost sincerity & my heartfelt appreciation,
Kate

This was the summer of 2011. Did she write to everyone like this? It really tempted me to send more money, but my husband really let me have it for sending a stranger money.
oldtimey_friend

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I'm just now learning of this controversy surrounding Kate and her family. Kate and I were close friends for over a year, after many years of being on boards together. She helped me through some of the darkest days of my life and helped me keep it real and to be level-headed and even blessed our family by practical means. We were mods together on a board and she was our number one troll hunter. She had/has a memory that never quits (or she has spreadsheets and screenshots....) She was quite aggressive about some of the "trolls" and pursuing them. Much like this entire thread is about her - ironic, huh?(btw, one of those 'trolls' and I are now good friends and she's not a troll at all)

Anyway, when she drops a friend, she drops them forever and good and talked trash about them to everyone else - behind the scenes. One day we were best buds, the next I was dropped and I've not spoken to, nor heard from her since. She caused a major break on the boards. I followed Joshua's story through mutual friends and CB. He's the same age as my sons and that kept him in my mind. I didn't follow her fundraising, the adoptions, none of that. I'm having a hard time taking in the information you all have posted here. The lack of links to the court and legal information makes it harder.

Some of the comments here are ignorance about life with special needs children, or large families, or homeschooling, but a lot of what you pointed out make sense, too.

I guess I'm just lost and confused in this. Would love to hear a reply from Kate about it all.
AMA

Snohomish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

GRrrr.... I need to vent!!! I hope no one minds.HOW can a sitution like this go for so long and she was able to actually convince several DRs ( at first anyway) of what sher kids do or do not need. Anything she didn't class as meds she would approve of, she seemed to swich Drs. Only hanging on to the Dr S who I guess had a good relationship with Kate and listened to her. Drs were resisting her appeals for certain meds, she would change Drs. How could ANY Dr be snowballed for that long before wondering why they were letting a mother dictate totally what her child needs?????That little guy must have gone thru hell with many withdrawals when his meds were changed or discontinued and a new one introduced.

I have a feeling many of those were going in Kates arms or down her throat!! since they trained her to do IV at home, it would be so simple to switch that IV over to herself for a little whil.

Right now, I am really disgusted that there has been nothing, NOTHING about it in the news. Kelle H a well know mommy blogger has been in jail for a while now ( I think she still is inthere) and the news was all over the internt about her trying to pull a murder/suicide and kill herself and 14? y/o autisti daughter... she took her to a camper, lit two charcoal burners and very nearly killed them. When found ( I don't think she left a note so I don't know how it was found about her location)they were both unconscious and her daughter is in the hosp and they believe may have suffered even more severe braing damage....This happened around Sept 5or 6., 2013

Why can't someone just come forward as a "guest" and just tell us what is going one and how it all came down??? All of the money, gift cards, help and really anything they needed was give so graciously by so many of us strangers and to leave us just hanging forever is just wrong. Where would she have been if nne of those generous people would have given a dime?

Can't anyone just anonomously just speak out? I'm sure I'm not the first one that would kike to understand what happened, the whole story.

I also an obit that where Kate was listed. the only reason I notice the name is because in looking up Kate, I saw wher she had been a Proebse (sp?) and anther name besides Parker. They use to live in Fl, Ga Maybe, Or.If I was Kates Mother, I would have probably died just knowing what had happened to my grandkids and how my Dau could do those things. I bet that helped her along.

I think I will die of old age before we ever hear what really happened, whats happeing now and what the future is.

Just like Mckmama, whe has pulled so much crap and has so much documented against her in black/white and audio but still NOTHING ever happens to her. She comes out smelling like a rose every single minute....

Sorry you guys...vent over. Someone please speak up........
Jen S

West Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I don't know who any of you are and I never met Kate in person, but I have known her online for over 10 years. I followed her life through her posts and emails all those years. I found out I was pregnant the same week as she found out she was pregnant with Joshua and his twin. I remember when she went back for the scan that said the twin had vanished (a very common occurrence, btw). I'm not saying that everything was exactly the way it was presented to us by Kate - I honestly have no idea beyond what I read - but knowing that I probably read 95% of the posts she made on tonsofkids and CB about Joshua and Bethany, I don't recall her ever sounding like she was fishing for money or wanting people to give them things. When you read ALL of her posts IN CONTEXT she does NOT come off that way at all. Rather, she sounds like anyone would if they are dealing with a lot of stress and sick children - stressed out, frustrated, occasionally angry, but also faith filled and God-fearing. I noticed no one quoted the posts where she was clearly struggling but continuing to put things in God's hands. And even if something was awry with the entire situation, how are we so quick to assume that it was deliberate and evil? No one can just walk in to a pharmacy and obtain medications. They saw a LOT of doctors in several different medical facilities. Unless she was making it ALL up and writing pure fiction, that's a lot of medical personnel to convince. There had to be somebody writing scripts for those medications and somebody filling those scripts, and they also gave him meds during all of his hospital stays. Unless, like I said, she's making it ALL up, and that just doesn't seem likely as that would be a huge amount of fabrication.
I'm not claiming to believe blindly that everything was exactly the way Kate presented it, but I'm also not going to just take someone's word for anything because they posted it on some open forum that anyone can say anything on. Any one of you who is flaming Kate or claiming to see their kids, could be one or two persons who have an ax to grind or a flame to throw. How do we know that YOU aren't the liar? And, just for the sake of argument, lets say that Kate is sick, or has had a breakdown of some sort, requiring the kids to go to foster care, how dare anyone sit here and pass judgement and practically burn her at the stake when what the ENTIRE family needs is love, prayer, and support.$65,000 in donations? Really??? Do you have any idea how much those specialized wheelchairs cost?$65,000 is NOTHING when you are dealing with major medical expenses. I'm sorry but everyone who is on here ripping Kate to shreds because you've been following her story for 2 whole years and think you must know everything about her, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Just remember John 8:7, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."
Turthbetold

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Yes this is the exact message she sent to everyone who donated!
L1L2mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope this is true! Here is the email I got from Kate after I sent money:
There really isn't any way I can adequately thank you for your generosity in helping my family during this very-difficult time of preparing for the loss of our Joshua. I do thank you, however, for caring & for sending a gift via paypal, as it contributed to Charley being able to take FMLA, which will allow him to be home & spend time with his little boy during this next month. The memories that will be made during this time will be precious & worth more than anything to us... thank you SO much for helping to make it possible!
With utmost sincerity & my heartfelt appreciation,
Kate
This was the summer of 2011. Did she write to everyone like this? It really tempted me to send more money, but my husband really let me have it for sending a stranger money.
Real life or not

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

One may have followed Kate for 10 years online through her moves from Oregon to Georgia to Florida and never really have known Kate. You merely know of Kate the person she presented herself to be. If one is to believe Kate her life was hell! She was severely abused and that trauma could be a major factor in the current situation with her children and family. She was very clear the only information her mother would know of Joshua, Bethany or Hannah is when they where born and when they died for geneology purposes. Beyond that she wanted nothing to do with her family. Her mom is the one who passed in December. Kate's brother curt never even told Kate about her moms stroke. Kate found out about her moms stroke through social media. Many of the specialized doctors the kids saw in Portland had to take Kate's word for many thing because they live so far away. One Dr. Many years ago questioned Kate, after Joshua began having puking issues at a specific volume on his g tube feeds. That dr was quickly taken of Joshua's team and replaced with and new GI Dr. As for the cost of expensive medical equipment the kids had double insurance coverage so there wheelchairs and such where very reasonable. Raising a special needs kid is expensive, but you don't raise money for two funerals that where never to happen. When real life friends questions Kate they where quickly cut out of her life. One of her best friends in real life she quit talking to after a nearly 20 year friendship because Kate decided not to invite her friends son who also has disabilities to Joshua's 5.5 birthday party. Kate said she didn't invite her friends "bratty" son because he was mean and picked on her Joshie. So when people wonder how it went on for so long that is how! Kate manipulated and controlled those in her life and if anyone questioned things or didn't do just as Kate wanted they went bye bye.People can think or believe what they wish, but what really matters is that the kids are safe and they as well as there other family members need prayers for healing an comfort during such a time.
Mangotree

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Real life or not wrote:
One may have followed Kate for 10 years online through her moves from Oregon to Georgia to Florida and never really have known Kate. You merely know of Kate the person she presented herself to be. If one is to believe Kate her life was hell! She was severely abused and that trauma could be a major factor in the current situation with her children and family. She was very clear the only information her mother would know of Joshua, Bethany or Hannah is when they where born and when they died for geneology purposes. Beyond that she wanted nothing to do with her family. Her mom is the one who passed in December. Kate's brother curt never even told Kate about her moms stroke. Kate found out about her moms stroke through social media. Many of the specialized doctors the kids saw in Portland had to take Kate's word for many thing because they live so far away. One Dr. Many years ago questioned Kate, after Joshua began having puking issues at a specific volume on his g tube feeds. That dr was quickly taken of Joshua's team and replaced with and new GI Dr. As for the cost of expensive medical equipment the kids had double insurance coverage so there wheelchairs and such where very reasonable. Raising a special needs kid is expensive, but you don't raise money for two funerals that where never to happen. When real life friends questions Kate they where quickly cut out of her life. One of her best friends in real life she quit talking to after a nearly 20 year friendship because Kate decided not to invite her friends son who also has disabilities to Joshua's 5.5 birthday party. Kate said she didn't invite her friends "bratty" son because he was mean and picked on her Joshie. So when people wonder how it went on for so long that is how! Kate manipulated and controlled those in her life and if anyone questioned things or didn't do just as Kate wanted they went bye bye.People can think or believe what they wish, but what really matters is that the kids are safe and they as well as there other family members need prayers for healing an comfort during such a time.
Well with all the information Kate posted online, her mother would have known a lot of information about the children.(if she wanted to)

I don't think the children would have been removed because of sickness, why would they have been when there are older, adult children who are capable of taking care of their siblings in cases like this? I don't know... I can understand people being angry that their donations have possibly been misused, its not clear at this point, but what is, is that the LORD knows and he will right every wrong.

The other thing I've felt after reading this is the absolute devastation I would feel if my children were taken from me, for whatever reason. A sad, sad situation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

I was dropped as a friend without any warning or for any apparent reason (from Facebook). And I know what you mean about her talking trash about people "behind the scenes". In person, she said some mean stuff about people - some totally irrational conclusions assuming people's motives were the worst (ie: if they sincerely asked questions, they were being "snarky").

Also, I do think that many of us do know Kate from either homeschooling, SN kids, or having large families, so we can relate to some of her struggles. Do I know what it's like to be in her shoes? No. I can't imagine the amount of stress she faces, but IF she was fabricating her children's medical needs and symptoms and imagining or lying about their impending deaths, then she has created some problems herself and would need some serious help.
oldtimey_friend wrote:
Anyway, when she drops a friend, she drops them forever and good and talked trash about them to everyone else - behind the scenes. One day we were best buds, the next I was dropped and I've not spoken to, nor heard from her since. She caused a major break on the boards. I followed Joshua's story through mutual friends and CB. He's the same age as my sons and that kept him in my mind. I didn't follow her fundraising, the adoptions, none of that. I'm having a hard time taking in the information you all have posted here. The lack of links to the court and legal information makes it harder.
Some of the comments here are ignorance about life with special needs children, or large families, or homeschooling, but a lot of what you pointed out make sense, too.
I guess I'm just lost and confused in this. Would love to hear a reply from Kate about it all.
L1L2mom

Enid, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Turthbetold wrote:
Yes this is the exact message she sent to everyone who donated!
<quoted text>
Good to know, I was pretty shocked to even get a response from her...guess she was trying to get repeat donations.
Jen S

West Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

I guess my biggest concern is that there is a lot of condemnation here without anyone knowing all the facts. There appear to be people who know SOME of the facts but no one can know everything, especially if Kate has pushed everyone away, which I can't really blame her for. And if some of you know her in real life, that almost makes it worse. It means that you have been close to her, saw things unraveling or were afraid for the kids and did nothing, but now that she has finally cut everyone off, you are lining up to tear her down and say, "See! I knew something wasn't right!" Small wonder she doesn't feel like she can trust anyone. It's easy to sit here judging what you think she may have done while you hide behind cute screen names. Like I said before, even if everything people are saying is true, how is it right to tear apart someone who is likely ill herself? Is that how you treat someone who is mentally ill? I guess I've just known enough people who have had their lives ruined by rumors and half-truths. If there is something truly bad here, it will come out eventually. Until then we really need to step back and let the proper authorities sort through ALL the details, and, most importantly, PRAY. Pray for the kids, pray for the parents, pray for the county officials and legal people who are sorting through things, and pray that everything get worked out justly.
Real life or not

Lake Oswego, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Many of us online and in real life tried to help Kate. Many spoke with Kate about there concerns and she had a reason for everything once a person questions her or offered her suggestions like respite for the little girls, to lessen Kate's stress and heavy burden we where quickly treated told we just didn't understand her and if we wante to help she needed finances not our suggestions. Many local online friends and real life friends after being turned away grew more concerned for the kids and made reports of what we knew not rumors or hear say but things we saw and heard in real life or videos Kate posted mini pulsating her kids. Her older kids unfortunately where led to believe there siblings where sick and dying leaving them unsafe to care for the children due to Kate's manipulation and abuse. Like many have said now the kids need many many prayers!
AMA

Snohomish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Just in case I may have some info wrong, I wat you to know it was not on purpose. I'm writng this to clear up couple things which may b mixed up and I don't want anone to run with what I said until we can make sure it is what it is... Not big mistakes but any mistake can get people stired up....

1. I think I may have inadvertantly called Joshies favorite PCP DR S. Now, thinking back, I believe it was Dr K. Still not sure but want to make you aware that I may have been wrong...

2.Kelle....On one of the momy blogger sites and I can;t recall which one, they talked a lot about Kelle attempting a suicide?murder plot and nearly succeeded. I have never read a blog of Kelles or really most blogs, just only a couple. I'm not goingto name the blog I THINK I read it on this week butit is well known...

It was reported and many have seen videos of her dau throwing horrible tantrums that were very violent.( I did NOT see those as I have never follwed her) Especially to her mother.. It was said mom had been knocked unconscious a couple times. Her behavior was getting worse and there was fear for the family. They seemed to not be able to get help for her.

After re-reading what I wrote, I dedided to go back and try to find out what happened. First of all...I can't find Kelle having a 13-14 y/o dau named Issy.. It does show she has 2 littl girls Lainey and Nella and a litlte guy named Dash...In this blog I think it said she was in jail awaiting arraignment. he was supposedly at the end of her rope with the dau and thats all she could think to do was take both their lives...

IF THIS IS NOT TRUE.. I am so sorry...I hope I can find the blog I read it on and see if I can get some more info. While looking last nite for that blog, I did run across a short one dated Dec 16, 2013 (around) and all about Christmas and Dash wanting to pul lthe snowflakes down. That alone says she is not in jail...
As I said, if I am wrong, I apologize to all of you and most of all to Kelle. Also in trying to find that blog, it appears this Kelle lives in MI and the another lives in Fla maybe or somewhere down SE. If anyone can chime in, whether I am right o wrong, please do. If it isn't a fact, I want to nip it in the bud immed. Thanks everone &#9829;AMA
Confused

Taylorville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

So confused. I followed Joshua for a long time on Caringbridge and have been trying to find out how he is doing since his page was closed. So was it all a lie?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Jen S., I do know Kate from online sources and know people who know her in real life. I know that I called CPS on more than one occasion based on information from Kate. The girls were in serious trouble in that house. I saw videos posted of them. Kate refused guidance and help, preferring to let Bethany get sicker and sicker. Don't you find it interesting that a child who survived the horrors of an orphanage with no feeding tube is in desperate need within a year of being in Kate's home. Now times that by two--- both girls needing that is just ridiculous. Unless a doctor deviated from Kate's treatment plan, they were never removed. She refused to consult with professionals who might help in different institutions. Lastly, each of the kids would go to the hospital on death's door and be stabilized within a short period of time, only to deteriorate again at home when Kate was managing their care. She never told people of re-homing Hannah, who is doing incredibly well now. Joshua was in the hospital for a few weeks after being removed and improved greatly. Even by Kate's mention, was doing better with the medications she fought so hard for (based on her descriptions to hospice and doctors) withdrawn. This is not just baseless allegations at an overwhelmed woman. Kate chose to add to her family. Her kids have all had horrific diagnosis that she published. Adam had Marfans, Aspbergers and more but funnily enough he has fathered a child and is functioning well and no longer has Marfans. It is time to admit that she is a sick woman who may be a victim of her upbringing but that is no excuse for her choices ultimately.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421 - 440 of3,820
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gold Hill Discussions

Search the Gold Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Medford, OR (Aug '10) Apr 13 joy taylor 45
kpmomof789 Kate parker speak up about your no l... Apr 13 joy taylor 9
non-convicted child molester Apr 13 Eva Johnson 3
Medford School Board narrows list for new super... Apr 10 Belinda S Colley 1
Review: Progressive Painting Apr 7 anonymous 1
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 Coos bay is a sick joke 197
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gold Hill Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gold Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance