Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 2,022)

Showing posts 40,421 - 40,440 of47,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

From an LGBT response;

"I’m reminded of something Bill Maher said during the height of the Paula Deen controversy:“Do we always have to make people go away?” I think the question applies in this situation too.

Why is our go-to political strategy for beating our opponents to silence them? Why do we dismiss, rather than engage them? One of the biggest pop-culture icons of today just took center stage to “educate” us about sexuality. I see this as an opportunity to further the discussion, to challenge his limited understanding of human desire, to engage with him and his rather sizable audience — most of whom, by the way, probably share his views — and to rise above the endless sea of tweet-hate to help move our LGBT conversations to where they need to go.

G.K. Chesterton said that bigotry is “an incapacity to conceive seriously the alternative to a proposition.” If he is right — and he usually is — then I wonder if the Duck Dynasty fiasco says more about our bigotry than Phil’s."

For the record. Sodomy is harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That is why it was illegal here and still is in many places. It is an expression of domination in many instances in the animal kingdom. It is just that one simple point of reality, out of many, that has caused every culture to reject homosexuality as normal.

Does that excuse abuse against gays? Absolutely not. But nor does it excuse the attempt to jam denial down the throats of society and equate abuse with marriage.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like when LIBERALS change the filibuster rules.
The Constitutions doesn't matter to LIBERALS and Obama.
Would you like me to point out all of their violations of it ?
it'll take a lot of space here.
And i'll be happy to school you on the legality of activist judges.
But its clear you wouldn't understand any of it. You can't even spell Christian.
Schooling is not your thing, REALLY, I know how people like you think. You label judges who follow the Constitution to the letter as "activist judges" whenever they rule against your KKKristian ideals.

Please do point out what "liberals" did that was outside their rights and jurisdictions as elected representatives. Why is Obama still president. How many "liberals" are being prosecuted for violating the Constitution?

You are a sore LOSER.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Schooling is not your thing, REALLY, I know how people like you think. You label judges who follow the Constitution to the letter as "activist judges" whenever they rule against your KKKristian ideals.
Please do point out what "liberals" did that was outside their rights and jurisdictions as elected representatives. Why is Obama still president. How many "liberals" are being prosecuted for violating the Constitution?
You are a sore LOSER.
there should be a lot of firing and prosecution going on but its not and you're right about that.
We should be going after Eric Holder, Hilary Clinton, Kathleen Sebelius, to name a few.
Maybe we will when a Republican gets in office in 2016.
Even if we don't go after them you can count on changes being made down the road. We have a lot of young talent on the way up Rand Paul, Paul Ryan. Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, etc
All you got is an old crowd of hasbeens.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there should be a lot of firing and prosecution going on but its not and you're right about that.
We should be going after Eric Holder, Hilary Clinton, Kathleen Sebelius, to name a few.
Maybe we will when a Republican gets in office in 2016.
Even if we don't go after them you can count on changes being made down the road. We have a lot of young talent on the way up Rand Paul, Paul Ryan. Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, etc
All you got is an old crowd of hasbeens.
I heard all the same claptrap from conservatives before Obama's second term. The right wingnuts thought for sure they were going to win, just like you are doing now.
No party can make any of the changes that you are wishing for, especially the anti-gay bandwagon that you are on. SCOTUS has ruled. It's only a matter of time before gays have full marriage rights country-wide. No party controls that.
I can't wait to see it and watch all of the KKKristians cry.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like this one
http://voices.yahoo.com/four-winged-bird-like...
No dear, ones that would have been present during the time your ridiculous bible was written, ones that were fowl like your bible saysl, not dinosaurs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no answer. Just hateful gay troll twirl.
I'm not required to have an answer for some made up theory you parroted from the History Channel.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Booorrringg...
That's hilarious coming from you, the king of repetition.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Just like how your opinions of other people's marriages will remain completely irrelevant. Your crusade is impotent, just like you.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
I am princess, every time you post and demonstrate what an idiot you are. Every single time. I'm smiling right now from ear to ear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid response.
Your opinion of my response is completely irrelevant.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you are confused about marriage.
Smirk.
The only one confused dear is you. You seem to labor under the impression that there are different types of marriages. There aren't. They are all the same. Equal. You aren't special, and neither is your marriage. Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta inment/2013/12/27/duck-dynasty -to-resume-filming-with-phil-r obertson-ae-announces/
the last paragraph says it all
A&E Network’s reversal in the face of backlash is quite telling to the American people who are growing tired of GLAAD and cultural elites who want to silence people and remove God and His word from every aspect of public life."
Let us know when you see Phil speaking out like he did again!! LOL!!!! Quite telling indeed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love FOX, and didn't they do a great job honoring Christmas!!!
No dear, they did a great job of utilizing their base by feeding them with fear like they do everyday over non existent wars and censorship. They know that you and your fellow cur operate on the fear based premise that "if one isn't with me they must certainly be against me". They use you like sheep, because you allow them to, and they laugh the whole way to the bank.

"Honoring Christmas"! Yeah, that's a job for the "news"!!!!! Damn you are stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I can live with that. If Adam and Steve wants to pork each other in the butt, I can live with than.
If two Twinkies wants to get hitched so they can receive government benefits, I can live with that. Just don't call it marriage and blessed in the eyes of god.
A law could be passed so Twinkies could receive government benefits under the civil union law or another name besides marriage. I believe that would end the argument about the unholy gay marriage and everyone would be happy. Don't crap in my back yard and I won't crap in your back yard!
No dear, gays won't be happy settling. We don't need to settle. We aren't required to settle. An institution already exists, and none of you morons has yet to present a reason that a secondary institution needs to exist. Marriage is a civil institution, it is not owned by Christians or any other religion.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard all the same claptrap from conservatives before Obama's second term. The right wingnuts thought for sure they were going to win, just like you are doing now.
No party can make any of the changes that you are wishing for, especially the anti-gay bandwagon that you are on. SCOTUS has ruled. It's only a matter of time before gays have full marriage rights country-wide. No party controls that.
I can't wait to see it and watch all of the KKKristians cry.
this really isn't a 2016 presidential debate thread.
But i will say this.Obama won for several reasons
1 ) he carried over 90 percent black and other minorities
2 ) he lied everything from Obamacare, Benghazi, wiretapping, economy, etc
who ever the Demos run won't have those advantage.
they may get 50+ percent of blacks and minorities but no where near 90+ percent.
And no one likes the lies they handed.

As for gay marriage why won't cry about it. We did our best no shame in that.
We hope you can see the errors of your ways. Otherwise its HELL for you.
And that is something you'll be crying about.
LOL you already are crying with your cheap insults.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you see Phil speaking out like he did again!! LOL!!!! Quite telling indeed.
Time will tell. He is under contract. So for legal reasons he may refrain for speaking out.
Not to mention it is a money situation too. Not just for himself but also for his family to consider.
But i can see where you like him to shut up and go away. Some how i just don't see that happening. Contracts do run out. He already has made millions.And maybe his family will be the ones speaking up next.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there has always been a push for civil union instead of gay marriage.
Dear, that push is from your side, not ours. Damn you are stupid.
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think civil union laws came about in the first place ?
Because the leaders of your side knew our marriages were inevitable, so you tried to create a lesser institution as some sort of settlement and stall.
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
They're still out there they haven't gone away.
Actually the majority of them have been superseded with marriage laws. Even in Illinois, the state this thread is about.
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its gays who DON'T want a civil union even if it grants complete rights and benefits. See my previous post as to why that is.
You are right. We gays don't want a lesser institution. And institution that in every state it was placed into law it did NOT grant the complete rights and benefits of marriage. Damn you fundies are stupid. The law and the judicial system both acknowledged that civil unions did not offer the same rights and benefits.

An institution already exists, there is no need for a new one. Sorry you don't like that pumpkin. Marriage is and always will be a civil institution. Your church, it's nutty followers, and your Sky Santa have no ownership. You aren't in a place to not offer it!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
But nor does it excuse the attempt to jam denial down the throats of society and equate abuse with marriage.
There's no denial required cur, because nothing you state about anal sex is accurate.

There's no denial required cur, because no consensual sex of any type is abuse.

There's no denial required cur, because no one is equating anal sex with marriage. That equating exists solely in your head. Because your a deceitful moron. Smirk.

Come on Greggie, tell us some more fundie twirls about these imaginary denials!!!!! You fundies love your imaginary denials!!!! Know why? Cause you got nothing. You never have, and you never will! And deep down, you know it!!!!! That's the funniest part!!!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. We gays don't want a lesser institution. And institution that in every state it was placed into law it did NOT grant the complete rights and benefits of marriage. Damn you fundies are stupid. The law and the judicial system both acknowledged that civil unions did not offer the same rights and benefits.
An institution already exists, there is no need for a new one. Sorry you don't like that pumpkin. Marriage is and always will be a civil institution. Your church, it's nutty followers, and your Sky Santa have no ownership. You aren't in a place to not offer it!!
you should quote everything i've said on this.
Over and over again i said you should go for full civil benefits
but you seem to always omit that either deliberately or ignorance
until you're ready to discuss what i said truthfully i'm not going to bother with you
i don't waste time on those deliberately hiding the truth or just being ignorant of it.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Brown eye wrote:
<quoted text> you can't argue with fruitcakes, they deny themselves ALL the time. They know it is shameful what they do that's why they hide in the closet. They don't want to marry each other for love, they just want benefits..sad but true. Anything that is wrong you will always have someone to fight it. That's how we know that's it's wrong like this topic. If it was right, it wouldn't be a argument.
thank you
i needed that reflection. It really makes sense.
Gay marriages don't really make it. I can't think of a single gay marriage that worked out in the long run. They do seem to want the benefits and not the commitments. When they try they make a creepy version of it like Ellen did. Demanding her partner always hold her hand in public. How degrading is that ? How many wives in a heterosexual relationship put up with a husband who demanded that ? NONE. Gays have no clue about what makes a real marriage.

Even just calling them gays define them for their sexuality. Everything about them is based on the sex and NOT them as normal people living normal lives. That is of their own doing not ours.They created groups like GLAAD and LGTB based on them and their sexuality.
Its all they know about and care about. They don't even care about each other. Not as people only as sex objects. Being gay is how they define themselves.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

KKKristian wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and once again the little butt plug has spoken spewing nothing but dribble you know like the stuff that comes out of their mouth after a date. BTW I was wrong heard that thier nickname was Slurpee.
With each post, you demonstrate what it is you fantasize about.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you
i needed that reflection. It really makes sense.
Gay marriages don't really make it. I can't think of a single gay marriage that worked out in the long run. They do seem to want the benefits and not the commitments. When they try they make a creepy version of it like Ellen did. Demanding her partner always hold her hand in public. How degrading is that ? How many wives in a heterosexual relationship put up with a husband who demanded that ? NONE. Gays have no clue about what makes a real marriage.
Even just calling them gays define them for their sexuality. Everything about them is based on the sex and NOT them as normal people living normal lives. That is of their own doing not ours.They created groups like GLAAD and LGTB based on them and their sexuality.
Its all they know about and care about. They don't even care about each other. Not as people only as sex objects. Being gay is how they define themselves.
Why do KKKristians lie so much?

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Brown eye wrote:
<quoted text> you can't argue with fruitcakes, they deny themselves ALL the time. They know it is shameful what they do that's why they hide in the closet. They don't want to marry each other for love, they just want benefits..sad but true. Anything that is wrong you will always have someone to fight it. That's how we know that's it's wrong like this topic. If it was right, it wouldn't be a argument.
Are you willing to give up your marriage benefits in protest?

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
this really isn't a 2016 presidential debate thread.
But i will say this.Obama won for several reasons
1 ) he carried over 90 percent black and other minorities
2 ) he lied everything from Obamacare, Benghazi, wiretapping, economy, etc
who ever the Demos run won't have those advantage.
they may get 50+ percent of blacks and minorities but no where near 90+ percent.
And no one likes the lies they handed.
As for gay marriage why won't cry about it. We did our best no shame in that.
We hope you can see the errors of your ways. Otherwise its HELL for you.
And that is something you'll be crying about.
LOL you already are crying with your cheap insults.
Lots of speculation and no facts.

Threatening an atheist with hell is exactly the same as threatening with the the Easter bunny.........exactly the same. It's a common fantasy of KKKristians to see their opponents suffer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,421 - 40,440 of47,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Godfrey Discussions

Search the Godfrey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 15 min arby 6,534
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 19 min arby 504
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Fri jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 638
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Rediculous 253
Catholic Children Home 1950 (Apr '07) Apr 5 Becky 183
•••
•••
•••
•••

Godfrey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Godfrey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••