Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,901 - 32,920 of 48,888 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
sure

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Very intelligent f111-----get your head on straight and stop thinking about sex...loser
crazy

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

i cant believe how many posts are on here
The Reaper

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I can.
It just keeps coming back to life.
crazy wrote:
i cant believe how many posts are on here
3rd St exit

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So the lack of marriage stops love? Are you serious?
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a CROSS CULTURAL constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
ss couples are a direct failure.
There, no religion, no hatred, just the facts confronting your denial and ignorance.
Smile.
110% brilliant!!! KiMare for Mayor!!
3rd St exit

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

pointmaker wrote:
Marriage is part of our culture? Whose? Yours or mine? Marriage didn't put us all on this earth! Sex did. Duh. Biology. And, now we are quite overcrowded with people who love to hate. And the haters here... tell me... with all the divorces happening today between straights... do we really do it better? Marriage is a contract recognized by God (or at least as you people speak of it) but there is freedom of religion here folks... and the way it goes is this... You cannot prevent someone from being united under a gov. contract. We are all equal under the constitution.... Why not under God? We were all made in his image and he taught to love you neighbor and not cast the first stone... but here you all come to defy your lord in defense of a marriage in the eyes of him or her. Judge not, lest you be judged. I could see if hetro peeps were like really really good at marriage and very few failed and good, positive thing always came from it how you guys could say.... NO, NO one else can do it! But, we suck at it... let people in love have their love. Would your God want you to promote or try to destroy honest love? Catholic church is going to come out of the closet about it and you guys are all gonna lose your marbles. Nothing though should be based off exclusiveness and hatred when it comes to religion. Think about it.
Let me get this right.... It's 'hatred'??.....because we disagree?? Have the discussion but don't
wrap it with flamatory, unsupported statements. To your comments though...

The gay lifestyle. Many of us consider it wrong and incompatible with societal norms.
That being said....there are all kinds of laws today that permits your sexual lifestyle to thrive....without
any kind of discrimination...housing, jobs etc, But now, we are being asked to further bend our cultural morals and beliefs....because you now like how WE live and the world has operated since the beginning of time.

Sorry Charlie....you can hijack a lot of things for your cause, but NOT your manipulation of our life credo,
morals---for the purposes....of YOUR exual perversion.. Again---its no treading on the same
'rights'' we all live and abide by....you and me. What you do behind closed doors is your
business.....I just don't think we need to change the rules because of what you do behind
those doors.

It's not homophobia nor right-wing. It is my belief. You can believe yours as I will mine. Not hatred....just
a POV that differs from yours.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

i think the further these discussions take place, the further nature's laws are implied as irrelevant.

key indication of a loose grip with reality 101.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

it also shows signs of torment in practice..
whether said torment is output as effort, or thirsted & yearned for .. well that is what paying attention states.

multiple counts of disgrace doesn't imply it is moral.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Whatever happened to all the vile nonsense and personal attacks. I sure do miss it.
GottaBeKiddingMe

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the blacks, they blame other people for their dissatisfaction in life as well. "Everyone just wants things to be fair." Well, reality check, life isn't fair. Also, think about it like this. How will civilization continue to exist with there becoming more and more gays? Last time I checked, a dude can't get another dude pregnant. Don't gay people, men in particular, have a drastically increased risk of aids? Yes they do. Isn't that expensive to treat? Yes it is. Don't most people with aids not have health care? Well, yes. Who pays for their treatments then? The taxpayer. Oh, well its seems to me the american taxpayer should be up in arms because in a round about way, this will only cost them more. It's also un-natural for a child to be reared by gay's. That is already putting them behind the 8 ball to start their life. Kids are cruel, so why would you want to subject a kid to anymore cruelty? The list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
How will civilization continue? We already have 200 babys to every 100 deaths in this country. Homosexuals do NOT have an increase risk of AIDS. Do you also believe Marijuana kills brain cells too? Wake up! this isn't the 1950s anymore. Do a little research using google and some common sense. Nothing you said make sense at all.
Next Step

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

GottaBeKiddingMe wrote:
<quoted text>
How will civilization continue? We already have 200 babys to every 100 deaths in this country. Homosexuals do NOT have an increase risk of AIDS. Do you also believe Marijuana kills brain cells too? Wake up! this isn't the 1950s anymore. Do a little research using google and some common sense. Nothing you said make sense at all.
Can't wait for multi-sex marriages and multi-partner marriages , why stop now ! Let's run society to the point where normal is abnormal . Dear God
Scary case in Point

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Next Step wrote:
<quoted text>Can't wait for multi-sex marriages and multi-partner marriages , why stop now ! Let's run society to the point where normal is abnormal . Dear God
My my my.it will not end there so really what's next. It's unfathomable.
The Cure 4 Divorce

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

bobby wrote:
i think the further these discussions take place, the further nature's laws are implied as irrelevant.
key indication of a loose grip with reality 101.
A marriage license should be good for one year; then it expires and must be renewed the same was as you renew a license plate on your car
If you fail to renew your marriage license before the yearly deadline; divorce will be automatic
Surprise

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

i'm gay not queer

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

The Cure 4 Divorce wrote:
<quoted text>
A marriage license should be good for one year; then it expires and must be renewed the same was as you renew a license plate on your car
If you fail to renew your marriage license before the yearly deadline; divorce will be automatic
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Still, no logical response...

Smirk.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

The real fact king wrote:
please they wont be happy until were all QUEER
Why? Because its something you can be talked into?
Surprise

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

The real fact king wrote:
<quoted text>really what ever makes you sleep at night but queer is queer
i had a dog named king
i put it to sleep for good
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Still, no logical response...
Smirk.
your lack of grammar assaults all who reads.
i ponder why you chose to use the word an correctly before 'apple tree' but used 'an' before walnut twice .. then 'a' before apple tree the third time.
Surprise

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare didn't do good in public school.
I think it was because KiMare was too busy trying to decide on if he was hetero or gay.
For some hetero's its a tough choice to make.
It takes away from their schoolwork.
Whenever i'm asked when did i choose to be gay i tell them as soon as i realized it was a choice.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
i ponder why you chose to use the word an correctly before 'apple tree' but used 'an' before walnut twice .. then 'a' before apple tree the third time.
Kuntmary finds it difficult to think with a vagina, third nipple, inner lesbian and " an" Tiny Schwanz.
You ve been had

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
He got his response alright.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Godfrey Discussions

Search the Godfrey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 16 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Looking for a blue mustang Jul 21 Blue Mustang 1
Mustang Jul 20 Looking for car 1
Man on okcupid dating site (Dec '13) Jul 19 Missh0605 5
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Jul 6 george 6,590
•••
•••
•••
•••

Godfrey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Godfrey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••